Podiatry  |
Male
Dr. Stewart Chang, DPM
Stewart M. Chang, D.P.M., is Board Certified in Foot Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Dr. Chang is a graduate from United States Naval Academy, Annapolis MD with a BS in Oceanography. Following completion of his undergraduate studies proudly served his country as a commissioned naval surface warfare officer for eight years. Dr. Chang left military service in 1998 to pursue his medical career. He went on to receive his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from the Temple University of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia PA. Dr. Chang currently practices in Charlottesville and Fishersville, Virginia and is on the active staff of Augusta Health, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, and Monticello Community Surgery Center. Upon graduation from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. He completed a three-year residency in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Medical Systems (UMMS). Dr Chang's residency was a three-year comprehensive medical and surgical foot and ankle training experience. There he was exposed to all aspects of foot and ankle medical and surgical management. In his final year at Maryland, he was a dedicated resident/fellow under direction of a foot and ankle orthopedic specialty surgeon. In that role, he performed advanced level foot and ankle reconstruction, trauma surgery, and diabetic limb salvage. He served as chief resident in his final year of residency. Dr. Chang is still actively involved within the medical communities of the Charlottesville and Fishersville Virginia. He actively attends and lectures in continuing hospital education programs. He lectures to and mentors both college and high school students on opportunities in podiatric medicine. He volunteers with local area free health clinics. Dr Chang, his wife Karen, and their two children live in Charlottesville Virginia. Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his family.

887 Rio East Ct

Charlottesville, VA 22901

• Conifer Health Solutions
  • Health Net
  • Optima Health
  • Virginia Premier

Learn about Dr. Chang

See how frequently Dr. Chang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Plantar Fasciitis
Hammer Toe
Achilles Tendinitis
high

Dr. Chang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Chang "As a member of Foot and Ankle Specialists of the Mid-Atlantic (FASMA), I am dedicated to providing advanced and comprehensive foot and ankle care to all of my patients in a warm and caring environment. I provide a full scope of podiatric services, emphasizing open communication and education. My aim is to improve patient comfort and facilitate the highest level of function possible."

• Podiatry

• Gait Analysis
  • Laser Surgery
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Pediatric Foot and Ankle Care
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Reconstructive Surgery
  • Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment
  • Ultrasound Guided Procedures
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• United States Naval Academy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Temple University / Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

Dr. Chang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chang to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Chang's Performance
in Schuyler, VA |
Dr. Chang is a fantastic podiatrist and physician. He is kind, knowledgeable, and compassionate. He is also very conservative, not performing unnecessary surgeries. His staff is very efficient, yet they make you feel as if you are a valued member of their practice. Dr. Chang and his staff did everything imaginable to help me with the price of my medication, appealing a $580 copay and got it way down. Thank you, Dr. Chang.
in Louisa VA |
I broke my big toe. I was sent to Tuckahoe-whatever-in Richmond. January 2016, I TOLD The Dr I worked with horses and needed to work them them in winter weather. I got a boot & told to go. By summer I had a mess. I saw this Dr who respectfully waited until my horse show season was over in Oct. He fixed the toe which needed surgery since the Tuckahoe Dr hadn't set the toe right off. I have the highest praise for the Dr and the staff & not enough space here to express it! Highest Praises! SUPERB
in Waynesboro, VA |
I would not recommend Dr Chang to my worst enemy ! He had terrible bed side manor and instead of focusing on my feet problems he wanted to just consistently blame my weight for my issues ! His main focus was my weight ! He then left the room without saying anything else to me! I left feeling terrible about myself and that's not what it should have been about ! I will never return to his office for anything else ! And I will never recommend him , I will only tell people how terrible he is!
in Staunton, VA |
I saw Dr. Chang for a consultation regarding nerve pain subsequent to the excision of abnormal skin cells by a dermatologist. I found him to be very professional, personable and knowledgeable. He diagnosed my condition and provided me with various self therapies to hasten my healing. He was not rushed and patiently answered all my questions. I would definitely see him again if I needed a podiatrist.
Have you seen Dr. Stewart Chang, DPM?
Are you Dr. Chang?