Chiropractic  |
Dr. Steven Visentin, DC
Denver chiropractor, Dr. Visentin graduated Magna Cum Laude from Boston University and received his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from the National College of Chiropractic. He interned at the famed Patient and Research Center in Chicago. He has completed extensive training in the "Activator" painless technique and provides chiropractic care in Denver to hundreds of patients. Dr. Visentin has been a singular voice in Denver Chiropractic for over twenty years. His specialization in painless, state of the art methods of natural healing has been a breakthrough to thousands. His message is a timeless one for everyone; "Nature needs no help, just no interference." Dr. Visentin is president and founder of the Denver Doctor's Speakers Bureau, and is frequently on T.V. and radio. He urges people to take responsibility for their health and tells them how to do it naturally. He has a provocative viewpoint on health care issues, and provides a different perspective from main stream medicine… a perspective that could transform how you view the world… how you live! Becoming a Chiropractor I had never even heard of chiropractic and once I found out about it I couldn't imagine it had value. I found the claims being made by chiropractors beyond belief. After it was explained to me I was drawn to it. It started to make sense. I went from being the biggest skeptic to the most ardent supporter of this fascinating field. Here's how it happened. Medical School I'm not a medical doctor but I did attend medical school. I had a full scholarship to study medicine in Italy and went for two years but I wasn't at all happy. Italy was in chaos. Euro-communism seemed to be taking over Italy. My school was located in the heart of the movement. Train stations were blowing up. The president of Italy had been captured and found dead in the back of a car in front of his party's headquarters. Needless to say it was hard to study in turmoil. I thought about leaving, but couldn't imagine what I would do with myself. I wanted to help people and loved the sciences but was totally frustrated with the Italian system. I wasn't learning as quickly as I wanted to and I didn't feel it was my fault. Every day it was all I could do but pack my bags and return to America. Finally, I did. Chiropractic? My cousin Alice was concerned about me and asked about my plans. I respect her because she's an insightful psychologist. She asked me if I'd heard of chi-ro-prac-tic? She explained to me that it is a science that specializes in the care of the spine and nervous system. She then said "You would make a great chiropractor." I asked her "how long does that take?" She said it was an additional five academic years after college. I protested "that's too long" she then asked the question that changed my life forever. "What are you doing in the meantime?" I had no response and began to investigate and consider chiropractic as a career. I went to a chiropractic college and spoke with an intern there. I told him I had been studying medicine and was curious about chiropractic. He said, "This will be easy then. You understand the function of the nervous system is to control and coordinate all the organs and structures of the body". He explained that bones in the spine could become misplaced causing interference with the nervous system, and eventually disease. He showed me a chart illustrating the spine and nervous system. He pointed out the various connections that were critical to life and health. It made total sense to me. It was the most sensible philosophy I'd ever heard of concerning health. It explained why some people get sick while others remain healthy. I was interested. I went to the local library and took out every book about chiropractic. I finished reading a tall stack of them in less than two weeks. I was getting excited. Finally, I piled the books on the kitchen table in front of my dad. I announced I was going to be a chiropractor, and explained to my father how chiropractic works. I asked him if he thought the body healed itself, and he admitted it was a self-healing system. I explained that doctors of chiropractic worked with these self-healing qualities to allow people to stay healthy. He was still skeptical, and said "Whatever you do, don't become a chiropractor". I was just 24 years old, and wasn't going to let him influence me. Young and rebellious I reasoned that he'd been wrong about everything else in my life, and there must be something wonderful about chiropractic. I was more determined than ever to become one. I investigated further and met with local doctors of chiropractic, one gave me something called an "adjustment". I remember him asking me about my health, and gently placing his hands on my spine to align the vertebrae. It felt good, and I remember feeling lighter afterward. I decided to apply to chiropractic college and chose a prestigious school with the most comprehensive curriculum. After my experience with medical school, I wanted an organized approach that would challenge me so I would become an ideal doctor for my patients. Chiropractic college is challenging and comparable with medical training. The number of classroom hours exceeds that of an ordinary doctor particularly in the study of anatomy, radiology and orthopedics. As I studied I wondered what I would do with my training. It seemed excessive in many ways. Did I really have to know all that information to be a good chiropractor? When I became a doctor of chiropractic and started to work with patients, I realized why I'd studied so hard. Over the last thirty years I've seen many rare disorders. Having served over 18,000 patients, just when I think I've "seen it all" a new patient comes to my center with a totally new challenge. Regardless what condition they come with, they almost always improve. The body has a phenomenal capacity to heal itself when the spine is in good alignment. As a doctor I set the stage for this to happen. By balancing the spine, the patients' nervous system directs the healing process. The Hardest Cases Many of the patients who visit doctors of chiropractic have been everywhere else. They've taken all the pills, seen specialists and already had surgery. Some have had multiple surgeries. They come skeptical and afraid. In spite of the challenges they enjoy good results. What About You? You might wonder if chiropractic can help you or someone you love. You'll never know unless you try. Chiropractic has passed the test of millions of patients for over one hundred years and the scrutiny of the most discerning. You have nothing to lose by visiting a doctor of chiropractic. It is one of the safest and most effective healing arts. Unlike drugs, there are no side effects to quality chiropractic care. Unlike surgery it is very, very safe. Most people notice a change for the better during the first 2-6 weeks of care. Many notice improvement after one visit. How you may respond depends on many factors including; age, length of time you've had a condition, rest, and how you eat. The best reason to call for a chiropractic visit is to stay well. You could become so healthy you don't get sick in the first place. People who see their chiropractor regularly require fewer medications, stay out of nursing homes and avoid surgeries. It's a way of life that helps sick people get well but most importantly, keeps the well from getting sick. Advanced Degrees/Awards NAME: Dr. Steven C. Visentin, D.C.COLLEGE: Magna Cum Laude graduate of Boston University with B.A. degree in Biology B.S. degree in Biology from the National College of Chiropractic DOCTORATE: From the National College of Chiropractic in 1982, an institution recognized and approved by the Council on Chiropractic Education. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: Colorado Chiropractic Association CURRENT LICENSE: Colorado State Board of Examiners CERTIFICATIONS:From the National College of Chiropractic: Roentgenography Physiotherapy X-ray and Spinography Meridian Therapy and Acupuncture Dissection of the Human Body Theoretical and Practical Clinical Laboratory Diagnosis From Other Institutions: Neuromechanical Innovations-In recognition of postgraduate educational training and successful completion of written and practical examination in the Impulse Adjusting System® and Chiropractic Instrument Adjusting® Activator Methods, Inc.-Advanced Proficiency Certificate Parker Chiropractic Research Foundation-Graduate Certificate University of the The State of New York State Education Department Regents Scholarship Triad Healthcare Network Certificate Of Recognition, Corporate Health Programs, Highly Professional Practice, and Completed the Stringent Process of Credentialing The Family Practice-Award of Excellence In Recognition of Commitment to Family Health Care and Chiropractic Excellence ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service-Certificate of Commendation For Environmental Safety and exceptional concern for the health and well-being of the employees and visitors and commended for maintaining a safe working environment. State of Colorado State Board of Chiropractic Examiners-Acupuncture Certificate to practice acupuncture as adjunctive therapy From Sivad Bioresearch Company Cytotoxic Testing United States Department of Agriculture Certificate of Apreciation POST GRADUATE STUDIES: Under Russell Erharday, D.A.C.B.R. post graduate radiology Attended chiropractic orthopedic and personal injury courses SPECIAL AWARDS: The International Association of Chiropractors – Selected as a Top Chiropractor in Denver, CO spotlighted in the renowned publication, The Leading Physicians of the World. ABC 7-nominated for 7Everyday Hero Award OpenCare Patients' Choice Winner for commitment to quality patient care and the Denver chiropractic community The Global Directory of "Who's Who" selected as a biographical candidate to represent Denver PUBLICATIONS – Dr. Visentin's Articles have been featured in: Dynamic Chiropractic The American Chiropractor Chiropractic Economics SPIZZ Magazine DC Practice Insights, 2 ACTIVE PRACTICE: Dr. Visentin has been in continuous full time practice since 1982.

1411 Krameria St

Denver, CO 80220

• Allstate
  • American Family Insurance
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Visentin

For over thirty years I've worked diligently to help my patients utilizing the best research available, clinical experience and most importantly patients values and preferences.  My clinic offers expert hands-on chiropractic adjustments as well as the latest virtually painless instrumental techniques.  Caring for patients in the most gentle and effective manner is reflected in high ratings received in patient satisfaction surveys. I enjoy good relationships with the medical community and coordinate care with other health professionals.  This enhances quality of life and promotes vitality and wellness without drugs or surgery.

• Chiropractic
  • Chiropractic Rehabilitation
  • Chiropractic Sports Medicine
  • Pediatric Chiropractic
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Physical Therapy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Visentin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Kyphosis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain

• Acupuncture
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Pain Management

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Boston University School Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic
    Other Education | Completed 1982

Dr. Visentin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Visentin has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Visentin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Visentin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Visentin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Visentin to family and friends
based on 24 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Visentin's Performance
I will not waste my friends and family's time with this office I found he was more concerned with repeat business as well as getting you to solicit your employers to get more business then fix the great pain I came in for.
Tami, I appreciate your feed back about my service. I've developed new systems to make sure this never happens again. - Dr. Visentin, D.C.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Visentin, DC?

Visit Dr. Visentin

Dr. Visentin accepts 10 insurance carriers
    Whole Health Colorado Front Range
  • Allstate
  • American Family Insurance
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.