Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT

Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT

Physical Therapy  ·

Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT is a physical therapist in New York, NY. He specializes in physical therapy.Read his story

Recalibrate Physical Therapy

235 W 29th St

New York, NY 10001

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • EmblemHealth

• Post-Operative Care
  • Sports Injuries
  • Sports Rehabilitation
  • Strength & Conditioning Coaching

Dr. Steven A. Sunderraj is a Physical Therapist serving the New York area for more than 3 years. Dr. Sunderraj is experienced in Post Operative Care, Return to Sport and Manual Therapy. He is a professional member of the USAW.

• Physical Therapy

• Tamil

Dr. Sunderraj's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sunderraj

Dr. Sunderraj?
Dr. Sunderraj's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT
Recent
Steven Sunderraj is a knowlegeable physical therapist. From the moment I came in, he listened and explained to me the deeper level issues regarding my injury, and came up with a treatment plan to heal and work through it. He made himself completely available and flexible in his schedule. Steve was friendly and personable and provided a really great one on one service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
I was suffering from a disk herniation in my lower back and had gone to other physical therapy clinics in the past but the pain was still present. Dr. Sunderraj showed me that there is more to physical therapy than electric stim and getting a massage. He not only treated me, but he educated me on how to stay healthy and what I could do to prevent further injuries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
I was having trouble with my ankles and calves for quite awhile before i decided it was time to see a Physio. It was really limiting my football training and i was having difficulty running. When i met with Steve he diagnosed the root of my problems and put me on a rehab program. After a month doing the program with Steve i was back running and felt stronger than ever. I feel like i am a better overall athlete after working with Steve and i am looking forward to working with him in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
When I tore my ACL I knew I had a long process ahead of me with physical therapy. Steve not only made my leg strong again, but he makes the therapy easy and joyful. Each day I'd leave feeling stronger and somehow had a great time doing it. Today I'm back up at the mountain skiing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Dr. Sunderraj went beyond my expectations. I've experienced P.T. in various clinics for the same condition. It wasn't until Dr. Sunderraj that I was able to find the correct diagnosis for my injury. After Osteotomy surgery, at Recaliberate I was able to feel confident with my long recovery period. My surgeon was even amazed with how well I was advancing through the process. Thanks to this experience I will be able to return to competitive basketball at a faster rate, and stronger than before.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
It's been an awesome experience working with Steve. I started seeing him about a year and a half ago for a torn ACL and meniscus and now i'm am back to skiing, rock climbing, and skateboarding, I am even running a half marathon and a tough mudder this summer. Steve is a funny guy and very personable, he will spend the time to make sure that you get better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
I've been seeing Steve for more than a year after breaking my tibia, fibula and tearing a ligament in my ankle. Including the follow-up surgery, the recovery time was 18 months. Steve and I did everything from range of motion to strength training to cardio and athletic drills, pushing toward a full recovery. Scheduling visits was always flexible and the work was effective.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
This has been my first experience with a physical therapist, but I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Sunderraj. From day one he has always offered me accurate opinions, and has been patient and clear when explaining his diagnoses. He has recommended specialists to help us understand the nature of my problems when he needs further clarification, and has always been honest about the timeline for rehabilitation of my injuries. The program he uses has changed my pain into power!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
I have been working with Steve for months and found it extremely useful and professional. Great mood and knowledge. Very recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steve was very helpful throughout my rehab, he was attentive to detail and was able to help me return back to biking and swimming after my shoulder surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steve listened to my pain descriptions and identified where mobility was missing. Steve came up with a system to attack these these problems and my pain has diminished and is continuing to improve. He has given me the toolset to watch and maintain the problematic on my own.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Overall top notch physical therapy and conditioning. Steve is quite knowledgeable and capable of designing long and short procedures for multiple performance issues. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steve is extremely knowledgeable and his a wide repertoire of exercises and stretches to fit almost any situation. I've been seeing him for two different injuries and have made major progress with both issues. He keeps a fun atmosphere in the gym which helps to get through the sometimes difficult routines. He also knows great specialists for when a referral to a doctor is necessary. I would wholeheartedly recommend working with Steve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Having sustained a wrist injury for 2 months with no improvement, I went to see Dr. Sunderraj with little hope and much frustration. As a dancer/culinary artist, my wrists are very crucial to my career. He listened attentively and designed a program customized to my kind of functional movement, and in as little as 2 weeks' time, I saw much improvement! I'm now 2.5months into my program and am all the world better than when I started! I am confident that anyone will heal under Dr.S's care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steven Sunderraj is the best physical therapist in New York City! I used to suffer immense pain due to a dislocated knee cap 4 years back. For years I tried different treatments but nothing worked. Since going to Dr. Sunderraj I no longer am in pain and I am stronger than ever, even stronger than before the injury! This has been a life savor! I highly recommend Steven Sunderraj! In addition to his excellent skills he is patient, encouraging and accommodating!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steve is a awesome physical therapist as well as a great strength and conditioning coach. He really understood how to get my knee back to 100% after ACL surgery. I'm a competitive athlete and without his guidance I doubt I would be able to do what I love (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) at the same capacity as I can now. As a bonus, he has a great sense of humor and bedside manor. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
Steven helped me with my knee injury as well as my shoulder injury. Both times he did an excellent job. He's very attentive and knowledgeable, and very clear on explaining things. I've seen a few different physical therapists, and he's the best by far!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
The best PT i ever had. Gave me the proper knowledge of what was wrong and gave me the proper methods to fix it. I recommend Steven to anyone looking to overcome any injury. He changed my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?
I highly recommend Dr. Sunderraj. He was conscientious and knowledgeable, and I always felt like he was focused and concerned with providing me with the best care possible. A great guy, and a great rehab experience. I wouldn't recommend getting injured, but if you do, Steve's the guy to go to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Sunderraj, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Sunderraj?

Recalibrate Physical Therapy

• Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
EmblemHealth