Steven Kilgore, LCSW

PsychotherapyMaleAge 66

Steven Kilgore

Steven R. Kilgore, LCSW, MAC, LLC

2727 Paces Ferry Rd SE # 260 Atlanta, GA 30339

Steven Kilgore, LCSW is a Psychotherapist in Atlanta, GA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Steven Kilgore to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"I am affiliated with the practice of Addiction Specialist Michael C. Gordon, M.D.  The therapy I provide to individuals and couples addresses addiction and substance abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, medical ps..."

- Steven Kilgore, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check if Steven Kilgore treats your condition or procedure

Steven Kilgore's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Biofeedback
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Grief
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

Steven Kilgore accepts

Steven Kilgore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Steven Kilgore

4.5

Steven Kilgore
I've been through a lot, had so much change in my life and it sent me into a downward spiral. Dr Kilgore has helped me through my emotions and also with daily struggles. I suffer from RRMS and this was very traumatic and hard for me to wrap my head around, but talking it out and getting responses back to help me through it has really helped me. For both my mental health and stress on a daily basis. Thank you Dr Kilgore for helping me through this.
L – Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steve is an excellent psychotherapist. He will help you navigate whatever you are going through, listen to you and give you great advice. I highly recommend him.
Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steven has help me to cope better with my chronic pain and with the death of my husband and animals that i had rescued all the animals with in 60 days. When I saw him first I told him I don't know who I am. I wanted that answer. I had been married for 51+ years. Steven Kilgore is the most patient, kind and caring Psychotherapist. He truly wants to help you. I got very depressed and my pain levels were way to high for most to tolerate. He suggested some ways to help me with this pain. They have work some of the time. I love the way he challenges you to help yourself. I can truly say I would not be alive if he was not there when I really needed him. I would give him 10 stars if I could. Thank God he was there when I needed him the most. I am alive for i blamed myself for the death of all who died that were close to me. Covid 19 has taken a big toll on this person. I am very afraid I will get the virus because I am a senior.
Marian – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Understanding, insightful, patient, accommodating, thorough and wise. These qualities are what makes Steven very effective but most of all his sincerity and compassion set him apart from other therapists. He adapts his modality to situations and provides trustworthy advice after thoroughly listening and discussing options.
May 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Words could hardly express the type of therapist and professional Steve exemplifies. An excellent ethical therapist who cares deeply about his patients. He goes the extra mile so he knows you leave in a better place than you entered. He has literally assisted me with saving my life and helping me to change my perspective to manifesting the positive side of every thought and event. Realistically, he has aided in a paradigm shift of my life that is nothing short of a miracle. He has taught me to find humor in even the darkest hours. I have learned so many tools from him that are easy to implement to improve my quality of life. He is just a gift to his profession and to his patients as a whole. I would highly recommend him to anyone who would like to have someone who is easy to build a rapport with and trust completely. In fact I have referred other people to him. He is a life saver and a genuine gem to his profession. I am so grateful that I have found him. A true Angel!
Elyssa – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
This will be hard to write because I am not sure there are adequate words to express what I want to. Steve, in a few words, is compassionate, wise, caring, skilled, has a heart for healing, an eye for seeing what is in front of him as well as into the hearts and lives of those he works with. In more words, he is generous in giving what is needed to enrich and make healing more complete whether it is opportunities for holding family meetings working in schedule time for out of town family or taking phone calls and being conscientious as to make sure you know the time he can return a call. He has a gift for helping to hold accountable those that should have done better while at the same time giving them a safe place to grieve their poor choices and helping them feel loved, understood and not tear them down. Steve is one of the rare individuals who really cares. Our family has been blessed greatly and will continue to be by Steve and his talents, skills, love, compassion. Thanks, Steve!
Beki Graham – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Dr. Kilgore is the BEST! I had tremendous pain and though desperate, I was admittedly skeptical if he could help me. His treatment has been and continues to be life changing. Dr. K intoduced me to new methods and strategies that really worked! He is so creative! He isn't stuck to the idea that one way worked for everyone. He listens and adapted until we found what worked. He earned my trust and has had a great impact on my life. I am a better parent, friend, and person because of effort and commitment. He has never tried to sell me anything, which another Dr. did at every turn. He is always engaged in what you say and makes enormous effort to ensure your comfort from the temperature of the room to drinks or lights too bright! Dr K is very kind, greatsense of humor, and after knowing him long enough now I can honestly say he is an all around outstanding person. He has never given up on me when I gave up on myself. I just can't say enough. This is where you want to be! He's my hero.
JME – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
I have been a patient of Steve Kilgore for 3 years and suffer from severe chronic pain issues. The pofessional insights and concerned care that I have received from this practitioner have allowed me both to stop using narcotics and find calmness and accept all changes in my life from my disabilities. I am a better person from working with and knowing Steven Kilgore!
Joseph L Bauer in Holly Springs, GA – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steve has an incredible depth of knowledge and experience to help those with moderate to severe addiction problems and chronic pain problems. I have read the online bios of Steven Kilgore‘s deep background , and have been able to use Steve to my own benefit. Not only has he taught me self-hypnosis (admittedly only a small amount of what I believe Steve is capable of), he has taught me techniques that have greatly helped with my own chronic pain issues.
Marietta Dave in Marietta , GA – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Thanks to Dr. Kilgore's care and guidance, my family member now owns her own powers in problem solving. He has provided her with personalized care,he always seems to be there when she needs him, she has found herself thanks to him. I can honestly say life saver and would highly recommend.
Palm Bay, FL – Sep 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
My wife is a patient and Steve has helped me tremendously with techniques I now can use to help my wife with pain management and settling her down when she loses control of herself. Steve has always been there for me and my wife during a crisis, even when's he's been on vacation in Florida with his wife. I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with chronic pain, anger/rage, and depression. I would say Steve saved my wife's life. I'm thankful for all he's done for me and my wife!
Candi C. in GA – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
I have seeing Steve Kilgore, for over six years. Within this time period, I was experiencing extremely difficult problems both mentally and dealing with chronic pain. Steve Kilgore, was and has always gone, out of his way to help me; especially for weekend emergencies, Steve was the only person (other than my wife), who was able to calm me or help me in a very calming and with professional compassion! Steve Kilgore saved my life! I am profoundly greatful to this Man! Excellent Doctor!
Amy chaffin in GA – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Has been great with helping me manage day to day stress. Would highly recommend.
Krystal – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
He has been a huge proponent in the grief process. He holds you accountable with a gentle touch.
Smyrna, GA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
I’ve been seeing him for 5 years and has helped me through many life scituations. I can’t say enough about his natural ability to help people with day to day stress. Stephen F. (Kenne, GA).
Stephen F. in Kennesaw, GA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
I have known Steve for decades. I met him when my late first wife was seeing him as part of her treatment for depression and pain management. He was always available in a crisis (and there were quite a few). On some occasions he was the only person who could get through to her. I see him now for myself. I have referred other family members to him. He even agreed to see my assistant from work on short notice when she was going through some personal issues. Highest possible recommendation.
Frank in MARIETTA, GA – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steven Kilgore is an absolute Godsend in my life. I would recommend him, and have done to at least 3 friends, who also don't know what they would have done without his help in their time of need. I was truly, at the end of my rope when I met & Steven Kilgore - he had only had a few weeks to get my courage up to face the worst medical event that happened so far. Their simply aren't enough words to express my appreciation for this man, he helps me find the strength & courage I need to keep going
Linda Wiggins in Acworth, GA – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steve has been extremely helpful in guiding my efforts to resolve issues in my life for over ten years. His approach is to guide an individual, not to direct or to provide trite, 'textbook' answers to questions. I would recommend giving Steve a try; you will most likely make progress in your quest and find a friend in him.
John in Jasper, GA – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
I have been seeing Steve Kilgore at various intervals over the past several years. He has helped me work through pain management, relational issues, and establishing healthy boundaries for all areas of life. Most importantly, he approaches everything from a very grounded, compassionate, and knowledgeable perspective. When I see him, I know I can expect to be truly heard and to receive the help necessary to resolve problems and improve my life. I wouldn’t consider another therapist.
Anna Campbell in Marietta, GA – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?
Steve Kilgore is a terrific psychotherapist. Through the years, I have professionally reviewed his work and have referred several clients to him. His work is very effective and his clients really like him. This also greatly helps me provide great service for our mutual clients as well.
Bert Cohen in Marietta, GA – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Kilgore, LCSW?

How was your experience with Steven Kilgore?

I am affiliated with the practice of Addiction Specialist Michael C. Gordon, M.D.  The therapy I provide to individuals and couples addresses...Read more

Mr. Kilgore received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Emory University, and his Masters in Clinical Social Work from The University of Georgia.  He...Read more

• Psychotherapy