Steven Hoekstra, LCPC

CounselingMale

Steven Hoekstra

Refuge Christian Counseling

401 E 162nd St Ste 109 South Holland, IL 60473

Steven Hoekstra, LCPC is a Counselor in South Holland, IL. Be sure to call ahead with Steven Hoekstra to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

Review Highlight

"I have been seeing Steve for years. He has helped me through the deepest trauma of my life and I am utterly grateful. He is EXTREMELY professional, and..."

See more reviews

• Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Steven Hoekstra treats your condition or procedure

Steven Hoekstra accepts

Steven Hoekstra accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Steven Hoekstra?
  • Wait times (10)
  • Office environment (7)
  • Office environment (3)
I have been seeing Steve for years. He has helped me through the deepest trauma of my life and I am utterly grateful. He is EXTREMELY professional, and in terms of therapy, I believe he is the BEST of the best. Steve has such in depth, godly wisdom and knows how to balance both allowing you to discover things for yourself, and also telling you what you really need to hear. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Hoekstra, LCPC?
My experience with Steve was highly confusing and unpredictable. It started out warm and compassionate, but later it became controlling with him holding all the power and me having no say. If I didn't choose to do what he said, I was threatened. He acted like he was on my side then later treated me like a worthless piece of trash to be disposed of. Rather than choosing honesty and being professional, he is having someone else do his dirty work. I'M SO HURT AND CONFUSED AND HE CAN CARE LESS!
Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Hoekstra, LCPC?
I really regret going to this therapist. His warmth and compassion was all an act. He turned out to be very unprofessional.
Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Hoekstra, LCPC?
After reading the last review I was shocked. I found Steve to be very grounded and realistic in his therapy methods. He was very professional but yet caring. Was a great fit for me.
Jan 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Hoekstra, LCPC?
Would never recommend this counselor to anyone. He has an incredibly warm, charismatic persona that draws people in and convinces that he is trustworthy and that he cares authentically. For me he proved to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Poor boundaries, highly grandiose, and exploitative. Instead of being a therapist he needs to seek therapy. I had to do 2 years worth of hard work to undo damage done by him when I was too naive/vulnerable to recognize the many red flags.
Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Steven Hoekstra, LCPC?

How was your experience with Steven Hoekstra?

• Counseling