Dr. Steven Chen, PHD

Dr. Steven Chen, PHD

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Steven Chen, PHD is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Draper, UT. He is 55 years old.

12268 S 900 E Ste 302

Draper, UT 84020

• Value Care Health Systems

Learn about Dr. Chen

This content was provided by Dr. Chen "It is usually a difficult decision to seek treatment for one's pain and discomfort. I make every effort to be understanding, open-minded and non-judgmental. Your experience is unique and I will work with you to identify the source of your challenges and create a plan to work through and overcome your difficulties. I am successful with the majority of people I work with. I will tell you if I don't think I can help you. Please visit my website at: www.StevenJchen.com for more information. I look forward to talking with you. Steven J. Chen, Ph.D."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychology

Dr. Chen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Depression
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack

• Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Boise State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • Baylor University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Brigham Young University / Ph.D.
    Other Education | Completed 1991

Dr. Chen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Chen Says:

Thanks for your kind evaluation. It is a privilege to work with and assist you in life's journey.

Dr. Chen's Performance
Pocatello, ID |
Meeting with Dr. Chen has been nothing but a positive experience. He gave me tools and new ideas on how to approach the issues I was struggling with. He offered positive validation and very sound, logical advice. I highly recommend Dr. Chen.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Chen is always in control of the session and delivers proven advice in an intelligent and compassionate way...something we've not seen in three unrelated experiences with marital counselors. Throughout our therapy, we have undergone many changes for the better—facilitated by his docile, understanding manner—coupled with skills that put an end to bitterness, resentment, and stubbornness. We are in a much better state and are now putting to use the skills he teaches. Raise the roof, Dr. C!
Salt Lake City, UT |
When I first started seeing Dr.Chen I was dealing with anxiety and depression. My life had gone from mountain biking and snowboarding 3-5 days a week to being afraid to even get out on the trails. Everyday life became a challenge (work, family, etc.). Between therapy and medication I have been able to get my life out of the valley I had become stuck in. Dr.Chen provides great advice and techniques for working through anxiety and depression. I strongly recommend him to anyone seeking therapy.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My husband and I have seen counselors in the past, but not until seeing Dr Chen did we experience a breakthrough. He taught us valuable skills that really hit home for both of us. I feel a stronger connection to my husband now because of Dr Chen's ability to identify our unhealthy templates and help us create new healthier behaviors with PRACTICE.
I have been battling with depression and anxiety for years. I'd also been on a small dose of antidepressants prior to seeing Dr. Chen, but seeing him and working through problems and hearing his take on things, in tandem with strategies to help me, have been a boon and nothing less.
Therapy was my last resort. Emotional abuse in my marriage, among other things, brought me to rock bottom. I'd lost my identity/worth. Dr. Chen is so knowledgeable and educated. He helped me to improve myself (my husband wouldn't come) and through working on myself- my husband took notice and also decided to make necessary changes. I learned things about myself I never would have expected and my marriage turned out to not only be salvageable but the best part of my life. I would see him again!
in Riverton, UT |
Dr. Chen has provided me with several useful tools for managing anxiety. His calm, professional manner is reassuring and creates an atmosphere of trust.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Deciding to get counseling was not easy, but turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. In my opinion, much of the well meaning advice we receive from friends and family is often incredibly subjective, which can render it useless and can make one feel misunderstood. Advice from Dr. Chen is not always perfectly suited for me, but I do feel is based on many years of experience and is more often than not like a light bulb that just came on. Sincerely highly recommended.
in Lehi, UT |
I would recommend (and have already recommended) Dr. Chen. I was suffering from post partum anxiety, and that anxiety opened up other deep rooted anxieties, insecurities, and depression. I knew I needed help but did not know how to help myself. Dr. Chen knew what I needed! He is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and experienced. He has helped in a way that actually makes sense to me and is clearly tailored to my needs. It's like a lightbulb has switched on! I'm thrilled.
West Jordan, UT |
Wonderful.
Sandy, UT |
By working with Dr. Chen, my relationships and self-confidence have improved. He has helped me with a successful career transition. He has given me renewed courage in moving forward. I am fortunate to have found such a caring professional as Dr. Chen and highly recommend him.
Draper, UT |
What a great guy. After a serious work related accident I developed PTSD that was badly affecting my life. He listened to me closely and helped me develop the skills to overcome my trauma. I have been having a difficult time with some career decisions that he has helped me with as well. I highly recommend Dr. Chen. He is a very skilled professional.
in Sandy, UT |
My anxiety had reached a breaking point when I made the decision to seek help. From the first appointment Dr. Chen was very understanding and I felt comfortable talking with him. Over the past few months he has helped me to learn skills to overcome the anxiety I feel. My self-confidence has increased and I have seen improvements in my relationships with my spouse, my family, and my coworkers. Dr. Chen has the heart of a teacher and he cares about those he works with. I highly recommend Dr. Chen.
Midvale, UT |
I was very hesitant to contact a therapist, but Dr. Chen was kind and listened carefully to my problem and worked with me to resolve my anxiety and depression. He is very professional and understanding. I'm so grateful for his help. I know that anyone seeking help would be fortunate to work with Dr. Chen.
in Draper, UT |
I have been to multiple psychologists before, but Dr Chen has by far been the most helpful and brought me the most success. From the beginning he explained things really thoroughly and in a way that was easy to understand, and I felt like he really listened and cared about me as an individual. He is very experienced in his field and there wasn't anything I needed help with that I didn't walk away feeling better about. I can honestly say I don't struggle with the issues I did prior to seeing him.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Chen has helped me clarify misperceptions that blocked my growth and development and resolve the feelings associated with them. He has helped with my marriage,family and work relationships in a timely manner addressing misperceptions and attitudes. I feel that I have been able to make great progress in the short time I have worked with him.
Have you seen Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Are you Dr. Chen?