Dr. Steven Chen, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Chen
12401 S 450 E Unit B2 Draper, UT 84020

Dr. Steven Chen, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Draper, UT. He specializes in clinical psychology and psychology.

Dr. Chen accepts

Dr. Chen accepts the following insurance:

Self Pay

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check if Dr. Chen treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Chen's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Stress Management

It is usually a difficult decision to seek treatment for one's pain and discomfort. I make every effort to be understanding, open-minded and non-judgmental. Your experience is unique and I will work with you to identify the source of your challenges ...

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychology

Baylor University
1991
Brigham Young University / Ph.D.
1986

4.5

Dr. Chen?
Dr. Chen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Chen, PHD
I saw Dr. Chen twice for career counseling. I am in my late 20's and already have a good idea of my personality/strengths as they relate to careers and jobs. Speaking with him, even if only twice, I resolved to remain in my current position. It was very helpful speaking with him to briefly explore other realistic career options and to have someone simply listen and ask the right questions that I needed to answer myself. Now, a few months after the appointments, I am glad I stayed with my current position and Dr. Chen helped me to make that decision, and I am grateful for it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
He helped me a ton. Very understanding and patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
I had the opportunity and privilege to sit with Dr. Chen after I first moved to Utah, seeking guidance related to this life-changing event. During the course of our sessions, he provided me with insights and wisdom beyond my ability to see. As we moved past my initial concerns, we identified some deeper issues to focus on--which I am now embracing. Dr. Chen has the ability to extract the best I have to offer, and I recommend him without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
I have been seeing Dr Chen back and forth for almost a year, he is a very professional and patient therapist who would listen to your problems carefully, and tries to understand as much as he can. I am also very impressed by his wide knowledge, you can pretty much talk about anything with him. He has been offering me very rational and sensible advices, I like how he makes my mind calm, clear and rational. All my visits to him are worthy, and I hope yours as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Dr. Chen is very qualified and professional. He took time to assess my situation and then recommend appropriate treatment. The techniques he used really helped reduce my depression and decrease my alcohol use. Thanks for all your help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Meeting with Dr. Chen has changed my life. I have found ways to deal with my anxiety and depression.. I have also been able to improve my personal relationships.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
I don't think I've ever made as much progress with a previous therapist as I have with Dr. Chen. When I first started therapy I had a lot of issues with my critical voice which was sabotaging many things in my life. Through our sessions we've worked on putting that voice in its place as well as working on becoming debt free (my debt was contributing to my depression), stepping out of my comfort zone and socializing more. I feel like our sessions have been immensely constructive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Dr. Chen's profile fails to disclose that the majority of his practice is treating moderate to severe sex addiction. I went to him with what he described as a condition that is so mild that it does not fall within his practice area, and that he doesn't treat, and didn't even know who to refer me to. In order to find that out, I had to pay $200 for an initial consultation, and approximately another $500 to take an online test that was not at all applicable to the issues I presented with..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Meeting with Dr. Chen has been nothing but a positive experience. He gave me tools and new ideas on how to approach the issues I was struggling with. He offered positive validation and very sound, logical advice. I highly recommend Dr. Chen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Dr. Chen is always in control of the session and delivers proven advice in an intelligent and compassionate way...something we've not seen in three unrelated experiences with marital counselors. Throughout our therapy, we have undergone many changes for the better—facilitated by his docile, understanding manner—coupled with skills that put an end to bitterness, resentment, and stubbornness. We are in a much better state and are now putting to use the skills he teaches. Raise the roof, Dr. C!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
When I first started seeing Dr.Chen I was dealing with anxiety and depression. My life had gone from mountain biking and snowboarding 3-5 days a week to being afraid to even get out on the trails. Everyday life became a challenge (work, family, etc.). Between therapy and medication I have been able to get my life out of the valley I had become stuck in. Dr.Chen provides great advice and techniques for working through anxiety and depression. I strongly recommend him to anyone seeking therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
My husband and I have seen counselors in the past, but not until seeing Dr Chen did we experience a breakthrough. He taught us valuable skills that really hit home for both of us. I feel a stronger connection to my husband now because of Dr Chen's ability to identify our unhealthy templates and help us create new healthier behaviors with PRACTICE.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
I have been battling with depression and anxiety for years. I'd also been on a small dose of antidepressants prior to seeing Dr. Chen, but seeing him and working through problems and hearing his take on things, in tandem with strategies to help me, have been a boon and nothing less.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Therapy was my last resort. Emotional abuse in my marriage, among other things, brought me to rock bottom. I'd lost my identity/worth. Dr. Chen is so knowledgeable and educated. He helped me to improve myself (my husband wouldn't come) and through working on myself- my husband took notice and also decided to make necessary changes. I learned things about myself I never would have expected and my marriage turned out to not only be salvageable but the best part of my life. I would see him again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Dr. Chen has provided me with several useful tools for managing anxiety. His calm, professional manner is reassuring and creates an atmosphere of trust.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
Deciding to get counseling was not easy, but turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. In my opinion, much of the well meaning advice we receive from friends and family is often incredibly subjective, which can render it useless and can make one feel misunderstood. Advice from Dr. Chen is not always perfectly suited for me, but I do feel is based on many years of experience and is more often than not like a light bulb that just came on. Sincerely highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
I would recommend (and have already recommended) Dr. Chen. I was suffering from post partum anxiety, and that anxiety opened up other deep rooted anxieties, insecurities, and depression. I knew I needed help but did not know how to help myself. Dr. Chen knew what I needed! He is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and experienced. He has helped in a way that actually makes sense to me and is clearly tailored to my needs. It's like a lightbulb has switched on! I'm thrilled.
Wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
By working with Dr. Chen, my relationships and self-confidence have improved. He has helped me with a successful career transition. He has given me renewed courage in moving forward. I am fortunate to have found such a caring professional as Dr. Chen and highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Chen, PHD?
What a great guy. After a serious work related accident I developed PTSD that was badly affecting my life. He listened to me closely and helped me develop the skills to overcome my trauma. I have been having a difficult time with some career decisions that he has helped me with as well. I highly recommend Dr. Chen. He is a very skilled professional.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?