Stephen Westra, MA

CounselingMale

Counseling

Stephen Westra, MA is a Counselor in Boulder, CO. His office accepts new patients.

Stephen Westra, MA
1800 30th St Ste 301 Boulder, CO 80301

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"I offer a safe and nonjudgmental environment to evaluate your condition(s) and develop a personalized treatment plan to assist you in meeting your therapeutic goals. I several treatment modalities so we can use th..."

- Stephen Westra, MA

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Stephen Westra treats your condition or procedure

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy

Stephen Westra accepts

Stephen Westra accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Rocky Mountain Health Plans HMO

Stephen Westra's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Stephen Westra

4.0

By some unholy twist of fate, my mom ended up forcing me to see Mr. Westra in my early teens. At the time I thought it was hilarious that Steve would allow me to sneak my older boyfriend into our appointments. I remember him letting us smoke cigarettes out of his office window, I was just a freshman in high school!! As bizarre as all that seemed, it was definitely favorable to having to see Steven alone. Even though I was just a very troubled kid who really needed help, Steven would pry at me for details about my sex life and it made me feel so gross. He would ask me to tell him all about losing my virginity and if I had orgasms during sex. I was honestly way too young to be sexually active and sex scared me a lot. My boyfriend at the time was over 18 and pressured me to do things that freaked me out. And then Steven would pressure me into telling him all about it. Please don’t take your kids to see this creep. Steven Westra, I hope you choke.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Westra, MA?
I was and still am a patient of Steve's. He is great! I was having trouble in school because of my ADHD. With his guidance, I have learned to manage my frustrations and have greatly improved my confidence and self-esteem. I highly recommend Steve as a therapist and overall mentor. My grades have bumped way up and I even made Honor Roll!
Matthew – Feb 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Westra, MA?
I can't say enough great things about Steve! He has made a tremendous difference for my son, who has ADHD. I originally contacted Steve 2 1/2 years ago to help with some anger and other behavioral issues he was having at school and home. I am happy to report that with Steve's support and counseling, not only did my son return to full-time mainstream classroom, but he also finished elementary school with no behavioral issues and earned the President's Award for Academic Achievement!
Nicole B. in Arvada – Feb 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Westra, MA?
Steve is an amazing therapist. He is gentle, kind, warm, supportive and authentic. I feel he has saved my son's life in his battle through depression. We are so very lucky to have found him! He is the best!
Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Westra, MA?

How was your experience with Stephen Westra?