Stephen Regner, LCSW

Social WorkMale

Stephen Regner
8196 Sw Hall Blvd Ste 211 Beaverton, OR 97008

Stephen Regner, LCSW is a Social Worker in Beaverton, OR. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Stephen Regner to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Stephen Regner treats your condition or procedure

Stephen Regner's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

Stephen Regner accepts

Stephen Regner accepts the following insurance:

Behavioral Health

Likelihood to recommend Stephen Regner

3.9

Stephen Regner?
  • Wait times (15)
  • Appointment scheduling (13)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (13)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
I had an initial onboarding session. Went fine, scheduled a follow up 3 weeks out. Day of the follow up I needed to cancel, so left him a message apologizing asking if we could reschedule. Got a return call in 30 minutes. Was told that typically would charge me $50 for late cancellation (didn't give 24 hours notice). I apologized again, he told me that I knew he needed 24 hours, and he can't manage his calendar that way. Then informed me that I needed to find a new provider, said goodbye and hung up. Seemed more than a little rigid, and abrupt.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Stephen was absolutely integral to my healing. I was going through a very difficult time earlier in 2019, and I appreciated Stephen's logical, no-nonsense approach to helping me work through my emotions and behaviors. He may come across very analytical at first, but he is trying to gather facts to create an approach that works for you. He is very warm and approachable, and I enjoyed our sessions that resulted in realistic, actionable solutions. I truly believe he saved my life in many ways. Thank you, Stephen!
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
I wished I had read reviews first (see Y3lp). We wanted counseling for our kids after a tragic death in the family. Like two reviewers on Y3lp, we found Stephen through EAP, he was available, and that should have been our first clue. Our fourth appt, the judgmental Stephen described in other reviews ferociously attacked me. I told him my heart was racing as he made me feel so uncomfortable. I was seeking a kind supporting counselor for our kids, he was not. Five minutes in, I told him we would not be needing his awful services. He stared at me with anger and contempt while I gathered my family on the way out the door. I would strongly discourage anyone from working with Stephen. Don't let the convenience of his empty schedule lure you in. EAP is his path to new victims. Stephen isn't good with children, he is angry, selfish, agitated, self-righteous, judgmental counselor who doesn't seem to have a kind, courteous, caring, supportive, bone in his body. His poor soul needs counseling.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Excellent professional who has provided important help through some challenging situations which had to be navigated well, emotionally and relationally. Steve demonstrates a great balance between listening, asking thoughtful questions, and sharing his own perspective/guidance, at appropriate times. Time with Steve is well-spent, and he points to research and other resources to further empower decision-making. He is relatable, and a great professional to have “in your corner.”
Ryan in Hillsboro, OR – Oct 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Steve has helped me through many life situations. He gently encouraged self-reflection and guided me in developing action plans. He has helped me to change negative and wrong thought patterns so that I can manage life with more confidence and optimism. He has been a fabulous resource.
Amy in Beaverton – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Stephen will help you listening. I just talk and with his guide I found the way to stay focus in what really matters to me. Please people, if you are looking for a counselor who resolve your problem then you have a big problem. What you need is a guide.
Tulio in BEAVERTON – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Steve has been instrumental in helping me identify ways to not only recognize the variety of feelings and emotions I have in different situations, but he suggests ways to help me navigate the waters confidently. My therapy has been a lot of hard work, but Steve has been there supporting me the entire way. I appreciate his straight-forward approach, excellent listening skills, and trust in his ability. Steve is very skilled in what he does and brings a lot of value to my mental clarity.
Dawn in Portland, OR – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?
Mr. Regner helped me through a difficult period in my life, and I thank him for his support and advice.
Steve D. in Beaverton, OR – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Stephen Regner, LCSW?

How was your experience with Stephen Regner?

My practice philosophy is to utilize the most effective treatment approach based on best practices and emphasize the strengths of my clients. The treatment...Read more

• Social Work