Stephanie Groom, LMFT

Stephanie Groom, LMFT

Anxiety Disorders  ·
Female  ·
Stephanie Groom, LMFT is an anxiety disorder specialist in Studio City, CA. She specializes in anxiety disorders, counseling, and more.Read her story

11712 Moorpark St Ste 210

Studio City, CA 91604

Learn about Stephanie Groom

Stephanie Groom's bio

This content was provided by Stephanie Groom "My passion for working as a psychotherapist began with my general interest in people and human conditions. I have found myself fascinated with all human conditions, especially those in which help was crucially needed. I asked myself why is this happening? what could help change this suffering? and what am I capable of doing to contribute? My desire to help others is visceral. I am curious about and am driven to learn how our inner worlds directly influence and manifest in our conscious life. Through my studies and my in depth observations working with my clients, I began to understand the great influence that our unconscious mind has on our whole being. I recognized that an exploration of self within the safety of the therapeutic relationship can improve an individual's capacity to move towards authenticity and a calm center. I have a B.A. in Psychology from University of California at Irvine and a Master of Science degree in Counseling Psychology from Mount Saint Mary's University, Los Angeles. I completed my training and licensure requirements to obtain a license as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist-license # 80868. I am also a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. I have been practicing psychotherapy since 2004. I started my counseling career as a therapist in a community mental health clinic working with individuals who were "homebound" either by physical ailments, or by psychological conditions such as; agoraphobia, OCD, Panic disorder, or psychosis.For over a decade I have specialized in providing psychotherapy in the community setting to individuals with persistent and severe mental illness such as Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Bipolar disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have worked with children with various symptoms and situational stressors leading to behavioral problems and reduced ability to function in their homes, schools, and social settings. I have helped children with anxiety disorders, conduct disorder, and adjustment disorders. I have also worked with children affected by traumatic experiences, parent-child relations, children who are adopted or have alternate family member raising them, children of recently separated families dealing with the changes and children who have had other significant changes in the family causing behavioral disturbances. I have worked with couples to identify strategies to help strengthen their communication within the relationship and renew their commitment to one another. I have worked for 12 years with multicultural clients and varying needs for psychotherapy services. I have a wealth of information concerning linking clients to resources appropriate to their needs within the community for improved overall functioning."

• Anxiety Disorders
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Stephanie Groom does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California Irvine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Mount Saint Marys University
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Stephanie Groom has no awards or honors listed.

Stephanie Groom has no media or publications listed.

Stephanie Groom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Stephanie Groom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Stephanie Groom's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Stephanie Groom to family and friends
Are you Stephanie Groom?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Anesthesiology