Dermatology  |
Dr. Sophia Mai, MD
Dr. Sophia Mai, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Slidell, LA. She is 32 years old.

Skin Care Specialists

1051 Gause Blvd Ste 460

Slidell, LA 70458

• Gilsbar 360

Learn about Dr. Mai

Dr. Mai is a board certified dermatologist who specializes in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. She is a stern believer of using sun protection, retinoids, and early preventative care to help patients achieve and maintain healthy skin and slow the signs of aging. She practices medical and cosmetic dermatology in Slidell with her fiance and mother-in-law, Dr. A. Taylor Hilton and Dr. Deborah Hilton, who are both board certified dermatologists. She also sees patients in New Orleans and Metairie at the acclaimed plastic surgery practice, Khoobehi & Associates, where she focuses exclusively on noninvasive and minimally invasive aesthetic treatments and procedures of the skin.

Dr. Mai's Experience

Dr. Mai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Dermatitis
  • Hair Loss
  • Itchy Skin
  • Male Pattern Hair Loss
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Xavier University Of Louisiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Lsu School Of Medicine, New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Cedars Sinai Med Ctr-Ucla
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Lsu Dermatology

Dr. Mai has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Mai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mai to family and friends
Dr. Mai's Performance
in Houston, TX |
I have a rash on my fingers that usually flares when when it gets cold & my skin gets really dry. I've never had problems before until recently as I've gotten older. Dr. Mai took one look at it and told me it was hand eczema. She advised me what to use for it & it's been much better this winter season! Dr Mai is very knowledgeable & she took her time with me & my concerns.
in Los Angeles,CA |
Dr. Mai is an excellent doctor who is truly passionate in her specialty. She is resourceful and knowledgeable about all of the upcoming treatment regimens/guidelines, which truly reflects the education she's received over recent years from well-renowned programs and dermatologists. When speaking with her, she is patient in explaining your condition, tentatively listens about your current day to day regimen, and provides both a short term and long term treatment plan that's suited for you.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Mai is an expert injector for all of your cosmetic needs. Her keen aesthetic eye gives you surgical results without having to go under the knife. She is the best. Stop looking.
in New Orleans, LA |
I highly recommend Dr Mai. She's the BEST!!! I love my new LIPS! I recently had a lips injection. Dr Mai made my lips look so natural. Full and even lips.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Mai is very professional, knowledgeable, honest and courteous. Highly recommend.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Mai was incredibly attentive and understood exactly what I needed and wanted in my treatment. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Mai to any of my family or friends. She will answer any questions you have in a clear descriptive manner that will leave you confident in her level of expertise.
in Gautier, MS |
I was very comfortable during my appointment with Sophia. She took her time to carefully answer my questions and listen to my wants. Having a dermatologist that is educated and informative made me feel at ease with my procedures. I would definitely recommend her to future patients.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Mai was just the person I was looking for. She listened to what I wanted and I am very pleased with the out come of my cheeks and lips. She was gentle and professional. I would recommended her to my family and friends.
in New Orleans, LA |
I have been a client of Dr Mai several times. I cannot tell you how patient she is when I ask questions. She wants me to understand exactly what she plans to do. Further, Dr Mai looks at everything I am interested in improving and performs thorough exams with a keen eye. She is so professional with her approach. Talking about skin can be a sensitive topic but I've always felt comfortable with Dr Mai, and she genuinely cares about doing her best. I absolutely trust her.
New Orleans, LA |
I finally found a doctor that understands me! I've been dealing with acne for a long time and I'm an adult. Dr. Mai took the time to explain what was going on with my skin and started me on a great skin care regimen. She also explained all of my options and what would be best for ME. She didn't treat me like just another patient. I'm so happy I have her as my doctor now.
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Mai is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever been to. I have been to several "dermatologists" in the area, only to find out that they aren't even board certified in dermatology!!! No wonder my problems never seemed to get any better.......until I saw Dr. Mai! I can't say enough how great dr. Mai is, I'll be seeing her for all my dermatology and cosmetic needs from now on!
in New Orleans, LA |
I have always been self conscious about my thin lips, but Dr. Mai changed that! She listened to my needs and made recommendations on what she thought would make me look and feel my best. She knows how to gently and professionally let me know if she doesn't agree with what I thought I needed. Its also a plus that she is skilled in what she does and I never leave feeling regretful of the procedure that was done. I completely trust her vision and the results are always amazing!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr Mai has good bedside manner, is very bright, and good at what she does.
Have you seen Dr. Sophia Mai, MD?
Are you Dr. Mai?