Soon Yo Choi, AC

Acupuncture •  Male

Soon Yo Choi
8565 Sudley Rd Ste B Manassas, VA 20110

Soon Yo Choi, AC is a Acupuncturist in Manassas, VA. Be sure to call ahead with Soon Yo Choi to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

See similar Acupuncturists in Manassas

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Soon Yo Choi accepts

Soon Yo Choi accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Soon Yo Choi treats your condition or procedure

Soon Yo Choi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Soon Yo Choi

4.4

Soon Yo Choi?
Dr. Choi has been working on my neck issues after months of physical therapy without much change. Dr. Choi has been able to remove the pain and increase flexibility in the first week of treatment. He has also been assisting with some digestive issues that I had with great outcomes. His practice is organized, clean and offers great appointment flexibility.
Gaby Six – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I went to Dr. Choi's Acupuncture during both my back and neck pain episodes due to Disc herniation. Dr.Choi helped resolve both my issues within couple of weeks and afterwards whenever I have flares up just couple of sessions good enough to take care of it. So far so good!!! Dr.Choi is a great professional Acupuncturist and knows what he is doing. I have recommended him to many of my friends. Also he maintains his place very clean and always welcomes with a smile!
Suresh Nachimuthu – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
Woooooooow amazing!!! Thank you Dr. Choi So 3 weeks ago I thought I tore a ligament in my right leg. Went to the emergency room, Xrays, checked... but nothing but numbness and swelling in my lower leg. Next day went to a physical therapist... he said, not my leg but lower back and the sciatic nerve. By now I could not walk without a cane and even then very painful. Next day I got an appt. with a spine doctor... he wrote a rX's for muscle relaxer, and narcotic pain med, and an MRI. The MRI was not available for 10 days, and I do not take drugs. So we found Dr. Choi and went asap, acupuncture helped me in the past with my arm. Day 1 was the worst because I waited so long..but after that steady improvement each week. The acupuncture and herbal medicine, gradually healed my injury. Today I can walk with NO cane, swelling is gone, 10-15% of numbness is still there but gradually leaving ;). I got my normal life back. Oh and the MRI, I did go; but cancelled because pain then holding still.
Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I was suffering from so much pain a couple weeks ago and Dr Choi came highly recommended (i never had acupuncture before) but i did not know what to expect .I was greeted professionally by Dr Choi the office was super clean and the the atmosphere was calming . after a thorough consultation i learned that i had some digestive issues and he could help me!! It has now been 3 weeks and a few sessions of acupuncture and i feel great (no more pain) thank you. I must add ,the herbal drink Dr Choi has given me is great because after my meals i do not feel bloated and uncomfortable i do have more energy . I am doing this review because i believe so many people can receive the help that i got . Thank you Dr Choi I am grateful.
Theresa mosely – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
Dr. Choi offers a comfortable, pain free, and relaxing environment. He was able to fix my insomnia right away. Now he’s working on other issues.
Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
Dr. Choi is my all-time favorite acupuncturist! Over the past five years, I’ve seen him for a bunch of ailments – everything from a stye to a lump in my throat to a cloudy ear to acid reflux to lower back pain to allergies to headaches and beyond. Whatever the ailment I go to Dr. Choi and in 1-3 treatments I’m better – it’s really quite something! He has a knack for finding the points/meridians that need attention and his acupuncture is truly magical! In addition, he finishes each treatment with an invigorating back massage that wakes up the spine. Over the years, Dr. Choi has also treated me with a tea tailored specifically for me. The tea has visibly improved my digestion and constitution and I rarely come down with colds anymore. Dr. Choi is a true healer. He is highly personable, has boundless energy and a great sense of humor. He provides exceptional treatments for a very affordable price. Dr. Choi is a true gem. I can’t recommend him enough.
Britt Bell – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I went to see Dr. Choi about some numb sensations I had in my left arm. He figured out that the problem was related to issues in my upper back and neck. His treatments helped fix my arm numbness and has dramatically improve my over all upper back and neck posture that had deteriorating over the years. My wife has even noticed the changes. After a few weeks of treatments I'm feeling much better.
Jeff Gilpin – Jan 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I went for a consultation and he told me to get the most benefit I should do acupuncture and an herbal medicine for $210 that lasts 25 days. New orders will be $250. He showed me a box with chinese writing and a pouch of a reddish liquid. I asked what the ingredients were and he refused to tell me saying I should trust the doctor. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask what is in something someone is telling you to put in your body especially at that cost. He ended up refusing me service and I had to ask several times for him to shred my personal information sheet before he complied. Seems very shady!
Curtis – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
Dr. Choi is a life saver! I have noticed a big differences in my overall health under his treatment . My first visit with him was a year ago. At the time I was suffering from an intense (3 year) back pain. I had 1 session with him, and the next day my back pain was completely gone. On my 2nd visit I had developed an unbearable headache several months ago, that wouldn't go away my vision became blurry, my eyes were aching, my feet were swollen. Dr.Choi recommend me to try his herbal tea formulas, which FYI are customized for each individual in combination with Acupuncture as a supportive treatment. I'm currently under his treatment, and my headache improved gradually after the 5th session. I've lost 5 pound, and have increased energy. His Miracle Herb tea combined with acupuncture, and massages has provided me with tremendous relief.I would highly recommend him to anyone. Whether you have an acute problem or need help with a chronic illness give him a visit, he will restore your health
Cynthia Ruffin – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I've suffered with migraine headaches off & on (more on lately) for the past 15 years. Visits to my neurologist, chiropractor, & hospitals have left me physically & emotionally drained. Decided to give acupuncture & Dr. Choi a try at the urging of many friends. What I came to learn was Dr Choi is more than a acupuncturist. He is a genius herbalist. He concocted an herbal medicine tea that I was to drink twice a day for one month (along with 2 weekly acupuncture appts). This regimen has eliminated the constant nagging headache & I am now migraine free!!!
Cindy – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
2 hours ago I am a Buddhist monk and writing this review on behalf of my Master, an 82 yo. After many visits to his Primary Dr. for treatments on leg cramps- hamstring and calf, and was taken varies types of Rx meds and creams, but it did not help. So, we seek out Dr. Choi for an alternative treatments in acupuncture. His expertise and treatment was phenomenal to say the least. Within 4 to 5 sessions, the cramps and pain was subsided, and he can easily walks without limping. Also with the help of the specialty herbal medicine. I happy to have found him and I hope my review will help those who are suffering any type of ailments to give Dr. Choi a try. Many blessings to all! Monk Vann S
Monk Vann in Manassas, VA – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I went to see Mr Choi because of my constant neck cervical spondylosis pain & lack of movement. I first called, I was informed that my initial visit would be $80, all visits after it would be $40. At the end of my first visit Mr Choi said that he had my meds ( herbs) and that the total for my first visit was $210. I informed him about our initial conversation. I did not want any herbs but the acupuncture ONLY! I had a total of 11 visits, spent $480 without ANY results. The neck pain is the same as when I started. I concluded that for me, and maybe others? Acupuncture does not work. The only thing that helps with my constant pain is hot showers & the best solution is to keep rotating the neck around in both directions. I tried all kinds of herbs WITHOUT any results.
SR – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I usually don't write reviews but I have to share this one. I have been having issues with my back for a long time and it became very bad last 10 months, so I started actively trying everything I could to make it better. I went to Dr. Choi and only after few treatments felt much better. Been going for a month now, pain didn't go away completely yet but I certainly see and feel big progress and relief. Also I had issue with my blood circulation in my feet and Dr. Choi gave me this herbal tea medicine that I have been taking and even though it wasn't my primarily concern I have to admit my feet feels warm now and my husband is happy we can have lower AC temperature in the house without me complaining that it's cold :). I plan to continue going to Dr Choi and take herbal medicine he prescribes because it certainly makes a world difference...nap during treatment is a good bonus too :)
Gyulnara – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I have been coming to Dr. Choi for Acupuncture for my neck and shoulder and now Sciatica in my lower left side. Dr.Choi and the Acupuncture has help my upper back pain a lot. I love the idea of no appointment needed He’ll still provide you with treatment. Very convenient for Busy people. And if your insurance doesn’t cover the Acupuncture Dr. Choi will work with you with the price you can afford so you can get treatment. He’s very Professional and very good of what he does. The Acupuncture has help with my pain in my back, neck, and shoulders. So if you have aches and pain and want an Acupuncture treatment, Dr Choi in Manassas Va is must see Acupuncturist. The best in Manassas VA. Evelyn
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Evelyn in Manassas, VA – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I had back pain for years. And Dr. Choi helped to reduce it. I tried all kinds of medication, and I believe this helped me the most.
Traci – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
4 months ago my right shoulder and upper arm began to ache. 3 months (May, 2019) ago the ache turned into pain so I saw an orthopaedic surgeon. I received a cortisone shot and physical therapy for two weeks with negative results. My right shoulder and upper arm hurt even more as time went on. Then I was scheduled a MRI. I went see the orthopaedic surgeon a couple of days later and was informed I required surgery. I said no. A friend told me how much Dr. Choi helped him and even got rid of his pain. Last Wednesday (8/7/19) was my first visit to Dr. Choi. I didn't notice a change in my condition until the next day. On Friday, I had my second session, and most of my pain was gone. On Sunday, I didn't feel any pain at all. I continued my sessions this week and am ecstatic with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Choi to each and every person who has not received satisfaction through traditional western medicine. I am a believer! Rich
Aug 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
My wife and I have been going to Dr. Choi for about 7 years for various maladies. We are extremely pleased with his treatments. He has helped with my bronchitis with his acupuncture and tea mixtures and really cured my back spasms. He has really done wonders for my wife's sciatica. She had been in an automobile accident as a young girl and has been bothered by pretty severe sciatica ever since. Dr. Choi has brought the aggravation level down to minimal, where it rarely bothers here and once a month maintenance treatments keep under control. He has improved our lives significantly, especially in controlling my wife's sciatica without the use of drugs or chemicals! We highly recommend Dr. Choi without any reservations.
Manassas, VA – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I had been suffering with sciatica on my right leg that lasted for 8 months and after countless sessions with physical therapy, a friend of mine recommended acupuncture. She provided me the contact information for Dr. Soon Yo Choi, who also was recommended for his success by other friends of mine that were also patients of his. I began treatments and after two weeks, I was pain-free. It’s been a year since those treatments and I am still feeling great. Unfortunately, about 3 weeks ago, I had an accident and hurt my neck, back, and tail bone. The pain was excruciating. I went back to Dr. Choi and 5 treatments later the pain has completely subsided. If you are ever considering acupuncture, I highly recommend visiting Dr. Choi. Thank you again!
Despina G in Centreville, VA – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I have been going to Dr. Choi for about 5 years and during that time he has helped me greatly with back pain, a neck pull, UTIs, and just feel so much more balanced and restored. He is professional, has an advanced degree (harder to find on the East Coast), and the private acupuncture room is clean and nice. I don't normally do reviews but feel like if he helped me this much, he can help others too.
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?
I have used acupuncture for over forty years and I have been going to Dr. Choi for about ten years. Dr Choi has helped me with migraines, allergies, acid reflux, stomach issues, knee and back pain. No matter where I hurt Dr Choi is able to make the pain go away. I am currently going for tendinitis and arthritis in my left knee.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, AC?

How was your experience with Soon Yo Choi?

• Acupuncture