Soon Yo Choi, LAC

AcupunctureMale

Acupuncture

Soon Yo Choi, LAC is an Acupuncturist in Manassas, VA.

Soon Yo Choi, LAC

Choi's Acupuncture & Herb Clinic

8565 Sudley Rd Ste B Manassas, VA 20110

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Save up to 80% on prescriptions

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Soon Yo Choi treats your condition or procedure

Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

Soon Yo Choi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Soon Yo Choi

Dr. Choi helped cure my insomnia
I sought out acupuncture to find some relief from some insomnia and what I believe to be central nervous system (CNS) dis-regulation. Conventional doctors of western medicine recommended "toughing it out" and/or taking prescription medication. I found Dr. Choi through my healthcare website and started receiving acupuncture treatments 1-2x a week for about 8 weeks and my sleep is better than it has ever been in a long while at 42 years of age. Dr. Choi's office is very clean and he is very professional and has a good bedside manner. Dr. Choi also put me in a daily regimen of herbal teas to help with the insomnia. While it was a little pricey, it was a small price to pay for sleeping well. I firmly believe that acupuncture is a successful alternative treatment modality for issues related to the nervous system and I'm glad I found Dr. Choi!
Brandon J – Nov 18, 2022
Migraines
I started to suffer from migraines approximately five years ago. Over time they became worse and happened more frequently. A couple of months ago I began to experience cluster headaches and went through a period of about two weeks where I had a headache every single day. I'd never tried acupuncture before, but was willing to try so that I could stop taking pain relievers every day. Within a couple of weeks of starting my visits with Dr. Choi (acupuncture + herbal tea), my headaches went away and I haven't had to take migraine medicine in that time. If you're experiencing cluster headaches or migraines, I encourage you to visit Dr. Choi.
Amanda Jain – Nov 16, 2022
Migraines
I am 53 and suffer from Migraines since the age of 15. Over the years I got many different medications and also they work fine for a while, eventually they all stopped helping. Recently my Migraines changed. Instead of many mild Migraines and a really bad one every once in a while, I get kinda medium bad ones lately (last 12 months or so), but much, much more often than before the mild/bad ones. I finally had enough and thought to give acupuncture a try. And I am glad I did. I went to Dr Choi and had 3 appointments/sessions and have not had a Migraine since. I am so grateful. Anyone who gets them, knows how miserable they make your life. One of my symptoms is a spinning motion/vertigo that can last for 4, 5 hours or longer. I can barley walk and driving is out of the question. Dr Choi gave my also a box with medical herbs, that supports the acupuncture.
Marlon C. – Aug 25, 2022
I recommend Dr. Choi if you need acupuncture
I have MCAS, long covid and chronic inflammation that is triggered by eating food. It was so bad that I ended up in a wheelchair because I couldn't walk. I was able to walk again when I cut out dairy, gluten, oil, and acidic foods (thanks a lot, covid). I also have a labral tear and hip dysplasia in my right hip, so I have chronic pain in my hips. I can't even believe how much better I feel, honestly, it's amazing. After 1 month my brain has less brain fog, so I can think clearly and my hip pain is almost all gone. I never got any of these results from any of the pills I received from my doctors. I've been to family doctor, orthopedic, allergist, gastro, rheumatologist, and internal medicine specialists and none of them have been able to figure out my sudden allergy to food, but after starting acupuncture, I'm slowly being able to eat things again. After 2 months now I'm able to eat food that's been cooked with oil and acidic food. Hopefully I can have bread and chocolate soon.
Lauren – Jul 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
I have been going to Dr. Choi for several years now and he has treated everything from pulled muscles to sinus infections. Helped me to heal faster from broken bones, ruptured disc, and several other injuries. After having covid in November of 2021, I developed an irritating postnasal drip and cough that wouldn’t go away. Went through a couple of rounds of antibiotics, steroids, decongestants, and several other medications that didn’t help over a 6-month period. I went to see Dr. Choi and he gave me an Herbal Tea that cleared up the issue within one week! I highly recommend Dr. Choi.
Mark Yingling – Jun 25, 2022
Excellent to Treat Bell’s Palsy
It’s been two months since I have been diagnosed with Bell’s palsy. I went to see Dr. Choi two weeks after being diagnosed. I was very nervous at first, but Dr. Choi’s acupuncture and herbs have helped bring movement back to my face. I am able to close my eye, smile, and have movement of the right side of my face. I recommend Dr. Choi for any acupuncture needs.
Ashlee – Jun 14, 2022
Highly recommending the service of Dr Choi
I have been going to Dr Choi since a major health incident back in 2019 And the first impression I had with him was his attentions to detail is amazing. He had effectively treating me when every other treatment did not work. I had serious pain on my arm and stomach digestive issues . He has been seeing me twice a week , now I feel so relieve and pain free. One thing, however, about Dr Choi is that the medications is not cheap, but it’s the best part , have been taking the herbal tea twice a day. I believe it’s because Dr Choi uses the most fresh, clean and effective herb ingredients in his prescriptions. And also patient should not expect a quick fix if they have been enduring a chronological illness for a while. Those herbal tea medication are used to completely get rid of the root of illness, not just stop the symptoms of the illness. Patience to be a patient is essential to get rid the illness. I am a living proof of this mental discipline.
Caring Loft – Jun 07, 2022
Excellent Acupuncturist
I've been attending Dr. Choi's for about 5 years. Throughout these five years, he was and still is a fantastic acupuncturist. He relieved and resolved my sciatic problems, his herbal teas are super helpful and have alleviated my sleeping disorder. He is a very friendly and is very attentive to your issues
Nelly Gregory – Jun 03, 2022
Professional
Dr. Choi is a very good doctor. He has helped my back and shoulder pain a lot.
Lauren – May 24, 2022
sciatica treatment
I have seen Dr Choi for my lower back and sciatic pain. The acupuncture treatments have helped me tremendously. The pain seems to be less and i feel much better. His service is 5 star and i would recommend him to anyone with back and sciatic issues.
May 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
I have been wanting to try acupuncture for awhile now but was a little nervous about the whole needle thing (yes I know). However coming to Dr. Choi was an absolute blessing! He is super quick and efficient when placing the needles, I hardly know they are even there! Most times I forget I am there for treatment because it is so relaxing! I came due to chronic stress and depression/anxiety. I have found that I am already 10 times calmer and less irritated. I have been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic with my 4 children, the last one being born at the start of the pandemic. So to say "chronic" stress is an understatement. I have been taking Sertraline for almost 4 years now and I am finally starting to ween myself off of it. Again, Dr. Choi has been an absolute blessing in my life and I look forward to my continued treatments with him. Not to mention the herbal tea he proivdes! He makes it specific to you and your needs and packages it up beautifully! Again, as a mot
Lauren H – May 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
I wanted to try Acupuncture for a while, I have bad degenerative knee's from injury's I sustained in my 20's; arthritis, bone on bone and other issues. I am trying to put off knee replacement for another 10 years. I can tell you that with Dr. Choi's help I think I can make it, my knees feeling so much better than before. I have had a great deal of additional benefits I didn't expect from Dr. Choi! He has helped with my energy level, tea he prescribes. A few times I've had back problems, on one Saturday when I woke up with a pinched nerve and could barley walk when I woke up. I drove right over and was waiting for Dr. Choi when he opened. Knowing that I had been there a few days ago he asked me what was wrong, I explained and his answer was " painful for you, easy for me", within an hour I felt 85% better and recovered a whole lot faster, I was shocked at how much it helped. My last and biggest surprise is my sleep apnea, that too has improved. Really happy I found Choi Acupuncture!
Adam Noll – May 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
Dr. Choi I am a regular user of alternative medicine. I found myself drawn to acupuncture as another option that might further alleviate my digestive issues and eczema. My health issues are complex, but Dr. Choi knowledge of the body and and Chinese herbal medicine have been extremely beneficial to me I foresee continuing to use Dr. Choi for general wellbeing. Thank you, Dr. Choi, for all your help.
Sally Stukes – May 02, 2022
The Best Doctors Visit I had
I had visited Dr. Choi 3 years ago, I was having knee pain which most likely was caused due to the physical work I do. I was taking painkillers and muscle relaxers and the medication wasn’t doing anything, I had visited Dr. Choi once, yes just 1 time and the pain went away. I recently had another visit due to a lower back pain that I’ve been having for months. The pain was so bad I couldn’t do anything. Even sitting down hurt my back. I had one visit with Dr Choi and I felt a huge relief. After speaking with Dr. Choi he told me the pain was related to the sciatic nerve and that his herbal medication would help with the pain. I was very reluctant to try the tea because I don’t like tea, but I decided to try it and I’m glad I did. I’m on week 2 of drinking the tea and the pain has decreased tremendously. Im no longer taking pain medication just the herbal tea .
Clifton Ruffin – Apr 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
Five stars are not enough to express the gratitude I have towards Dr. Choi. I have a long history of lower back and shoulder pain. I can feel the improvement after each session and thanks to him my health has improved. Dr. Choi’s Acupuncture & Herb Clinic is second to none with great customer service.
Rob Marin – Apr 23, 2022
100% Recommended!
I have been going to Dr. Choi off and on for the past 10 years. He has help me with anxiety, poor circulation and numbness in my hands. After each treatment I feel remarkably better. Plus his recommended herbal tea is excellent. I 100% recommend Dr. Choi
Torrey Wallace – Apr 08, 2022
Excellent Results!!!
Dr. Choi is an acupuncturist in Manassas, Va. I have been receiving acupuncture treatments from Dr. Choi for five years. He has helped me with multiple illnesses, such as sinus infections, arthritis, sciatica, poor circulation in my joints, and hiatal hernia. Dr. Choi is very patient and takes the time to explain what is happening to your body. He explained that consistency is the key to improving your health condition. "JUST KEEP GOING, AND DON'T GIVE UP"!!! Also, Dr. Choi has herbal teas to assist with your health treatments. I got satisfactory results from Dr. Choi's acupuncture.
E. Wallace – Apr 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
I went to Choi's Acupuncture & Herb Clinic for my hot flashes, mood swings, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue and depression which related to menopause. He told me that I have Qi (Chi) blockage. Qi (Chi) is the energy that runs through our body which helps our body to function properly. So he gave me the herbal tea to drink 2 times a day and get acupuncture twice a week. After few weeks, things started to get better. The acupuncture and herbal tea helped lessen some of my menopause symptoms and improved my overall mood. I would recommended Choi's Acupuncture & Herb Clinic to all the ladies who are suffering from menopause symptoms. ~HM
Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
I fell two years ago on my stairs and broke three bones on my back. After hospitalization, l went through numerous treatments including, Physical therapy, Pain Management, and received injections, I didn't get the relief l needed. I am a Nurse and one of the doctors l work with advised me to try Acupuncture. He told me he was involved in a car accident and hurt his back. After going through surgery, he still was in pain and a friend advised him to do acupuncture and he did. He said he's now living a pain free life. Called and scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Choi. He is the most happy and nicest Dr l have ever met. Made me feel so comfortable during my treatment. The best part is getting a massage after treatment. he also prescribed me with a herbal tea which l drink twice a day, have improved my total health. I have been seeing Dr. Choi for two months now and my back pain is gone. If you need treatment for any kind of pain, choose Dr Choi and you will be happy you did. Trust me.
Williams, N. – Mar 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?
My wife had lots of neck pain, and Dr Choi had helped her, 100 percent recommend.
Jorge – Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Soon Yo Choi, LAC?

How was your experience with Soon Yo Choi?