Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT

Addiction and Substance Abuse CounselingFemaleAge 57

Addiction and Substance Abuse Counseling

Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT is an Addiction and Substance Abuse Counselor in Las Vegas, NV. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT

Intrinsic Care, LLC

5550 Painted Mirage Rd Ste 320 Las Vegas, NV 89149

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Check if Sonja Taneska-Proctor treats your condition or procedure

Sonja Taneska-Proctor's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Compulsive Gambling
  • Depression
  • Fear of Death
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Grief
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Homosexual Issues
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Online Gambling Addiction
  • Panic Attack
  • Pathological Gambling
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sex Addiction
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

Sonja Taneska-Proctor accepts

Sonja Taneska-Proctor accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Health Net
Value Options

Sonja Taneska-Proctor's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Sonja Taneska-Proctor

Life changing and best therapist for worst times
I've been seeing Dr. Sonja for 15 months and have ~25 sessions so far. I've had a domestic violence case, a restraining order and associated serious maritial issues. Without any exaggeration, I can say that Dr. Sonja has been the best cure that I could ask for during these traumatic times. Any good and difficult decision I've made have directly come from her such as renting an apartment to have some space. She provided me so much practical info about marriage, divorce and legal system; I've been truly amazed with her vast experience in these areas. Moreover, she helped me to understand deeply rooted issues from my side such as being tight with money and how to treat my wife better. Also, she is very fair and always considers the other side as well; her insights and empathy was instrumental for me to understand my wife's perspective and convince her to drop the restraining order. In summary, I highly recommend Dr. Sonja for any relationship, marriage, and legal issues. She is THE BEST
MG – Dec 30, 2022
Very Positive Impact
I owe Dr. Sonja a very heartfelt thank you! She gave me actionable tools to get back on track in life. I worked with her for processing grief and counseling to help me manage my ADHD. She is a very thoughtful listener and my sessions with her made such a positive impact on my life!
Rachel – Nov 19, 2022
Accommodating, Compassionate and Empathic
Dr. Sonja has been such an instrumental part of my mental health recovery not only in the past year but since 2014 when we first began our visits for marital issues. There are not enough 5 Star reviews that I can leave to say how wonderful she is in accommodating any appointment that I may need and her heartful empathy is so comforting. After suffering three major losses (a beloved pet, a miscarriage and the death of my mother) all within the past 6 months, Sonja was there every step of the way to guide me through the grieving process. She made herself available through text and phone calls, follow up care and in person visits. She is relatable and offers heartful guidance when needed and when the days are dark, she manages to pull me through and our sessions end with relief. You will never find a therapist that cares so much and I am so grateful to be her patient!
KristinaM – Aug 04, 2022
So effective
When I first met with her in 2018, I thought it was all just her listening until. When it counted when my symptoms started surfacing and she was 100% on the money. She's not only a professional she is a gift from GOD. I want to reunite to get care on the biggest setback in my life death of my father. I can't wait to work with Dr. Proctor and give my Full Attention!
C.Pearson – Jul 07, 2022
Wonderful Therapist for families
My husband and myself have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Sonja on improving marital communication. She has helped us learn how to better better understand the differences/ desires/needs between us. She is very fair and seeks to equally understand BOTH partners and how their dynamics contribute to and sometimes hinder relationship growth and satisfaction. We are very pleased with her services.
H. Alexander – Jun 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
So comfortable to talk to and listens
Dr Taneska has been helpful in identify the source of my mental health issues. She is a good listener and very confrotable to open up and talk to. I have been searching for years for a good Phyc doctor. Grateful for her help.
May 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I have really seen my son improve himself since he has been going. Io have no words for what she has meant for my sons well being
Lou t – Dec 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Working with this incredible woman has changed my life. First let me say-Dr Sonja is very professional and ethical However it was her kindness and understanding that won me over Her ability to use her training to help you move from one step to the next was a great example of her expertise. Truly I will be forever grateful to her
Caroline Carouthers – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Sonja is amazing! I have had the best experience with her through my alcohol and weed addiction. It’s been 7 months now that I have been working with Sonja on my sobriety and she has given me excellent care. I feel like I can really open up to her and she always explains things to me about addiction in an easy to understand way. I would recommend Sonja to anyone as a coach during their addiction issues. She has been a dream. I have been able to repair relationships with my family, loved ones, friends, and I even just received a promotion at work. I don’t think any of this would have been possible without Sonja in my corner. The best part about Sonja is that she feels like a friend when you talk to her. She’s not a stuffy sort of therapist that makes you feel awkward about things. I have been able to tell her things I have never told anyone.
Greg J. – Sep 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I have been with Dr. Proctor for over three years now. While serving in the United States Marine Corps I have had unbelievable stressful events and toxic leadership. I have also had multiple different counselors and they cared nothing about my well-being made excuses for the people who have mentally and emotionally destroyed me. Dr. Porctor was not the same I have seen real results from her on a daily. After every session i feel my old self coming back. The old me that was confident, full of Initiative, willing to learn. Everyday is a fight know I have someone who cares to help me means everything. Once im out of the military the military want care about me at all.
Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I met Sonja through a family member who was seeing her for sports betting. He connected with her & was getting a lot out of their sessions. I was affected by the sports betting as well so started seeing her also. She asked some very good questions, I never felt rushed. She was always focused on what I was saying/feeling and I felt we made a lot of progress. I would highly recommend her.
Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Dr. Sonja is amazing and I always feel a million times better after my sessions. I went through a hard time with a husband who is a sports betting gambler. Sonja helped me set healthy financial boundaries in my situation. Sonja's office is nice, welcoming and stylish. Sonja has a great sense of humor and always makes me feel at ease.
Erica G. – Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I highly recommend Sonja. I been seeing Sonja for the last 2 years. She has been a huge support in my life since my separation, loss of my mother and my divorce. She been there every step of the way. She such a great therapist. I'm glad that I met her cause without her support not sure how I could of gone through it all. Thank you Sonja.
Elvia Young – Jun 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Sonja took immediate care and priority of me and my situation. Her genuine support and knowledge worked very quickly with me and trickled into my life. I highly recommend Sonja for her broad range of experience and non-prejudice compassion. Also, her office is very cozy.
Freddy – Jun 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I’ve had multiple meetings with Sonja over the past couple of years and she has been vital in helping me maintain a healthy state of mind especially during times of incredible stress such as during the process of my divorce as well as life in adjustment to the COVID pandemic. Sonja is so easy to talk to and I can confidently open up about any topic. She helps me discover incredible insights about myself and gives me perspectives that I would have never been able to see on my own.
Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Sonja has seen me many times before and has patience and expertise. Also award-winning sense of humor which I think should be a requirement for everyone who's councelling :)
JW – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Dr. Sonja genuinely cares about her patients! I have been to other therapists who were either eyeing the clock the entire time or needed to be reminded of your situation over and over again. Not so with Dr. Sonja. She listens closely and is very empathetic, but she gives you the feedback she thinks you need to hear - even if it may not be what you want to hear. I would highly recommend her!
Janelle Y – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
My husband and I have been working with Sonja for some time and she is amazing, responsive, and thoughtful. She gives practical advice with her therapy and has years of experience and has really helped my husband and me through seriously difficult times. I could not recommend her more highly.
cp – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
Sonja is one of the best therapists out there! She is more than kind, compassionate and insightful. I am so grateful to have been referred to her. I look forward to Sonja being an integral part of helping me navigate life.
Kristen – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?
I recently started seeing Sonja for some relationship issues, and she has been amazing. Not only is she compassionate, easy to talk to (believe it or not all therapists are!), funny, and insightful, but she also does a wonderful job taking in my concerns, addressing them, and actually providing advice and feedback. I’ve seen 2 or 3 therapists in my life, and they would never offer any advice or real, applicable guidance — mainly just psychobabble. I highly recommend Sonja to anyone seeking a therapist, especially if you have alcohol and/or substance abuse problems. Trust me, you will walk away from every session feeling better and better.
Ryan – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sonja Taneska-Proctor, LMFT?

How was your experience with Sonja Taneska-Proctor?