Dr. Sokunthea Nau, DPT

Physical Medicine & RehabilitationMaleAge 40

Dr. Nau

Orthopedic Rehabilitation Specialists Inc.

8720 N Kendall Dr Ste 206 Miami, FL 33176

Dr. Sokunthea Nau, DPT is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in Miami, FL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nau to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Nau's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nau's conditions and procedures:

• Spondylosis

Dr. Nau accepts

Dr. Nau accepts the following insurance:

Tricare

Dr. Nau's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nau

Dr. Nau
While I was in Florida during the holidays, I was able to make an appointment with Dr. Nau on short notice. I had seen Dr. Nau in the past for back issues and was very pleased with the experience. This most recent visit involved my elbow, which I torqued while using a power drill. It had been bothering me on and off for months. As with my previous visit, Dr. Nau was extremely attentive and responsive as I recounted how the injury occurred. Dr. Nau does such a good job of breaking things down and explaining what happened internally, why I am feeling discomfort, and steps we could take to alleviate the pain. Dr. Nau massaged and worked the joint for about 20 minutes, easing it back in place. He showed me stretches to promoted further healing. Two months later, I am happy to say my elbow is back to normal. I cannot thank Dr. Nau enough. He is the best!
Derek – Feb 10, 2021
This is NOT a one size fits all PT center. A hands on examination by Dr. Nau is used to determine the best course of treatment. Exercise designed to change current muscle memory is taught to relieve pain.
Barb in Fort Pierce, FL – Aug 24, 2018
What makes Sukie such an exceptional physical therapist, is his ability to build rapport with his patients. This is highly important as it pertains to the patient needing to buy-in to his approach. He helped me get back on the pitch in no time; moreover I look at him as a great friend and mentor.
York, PA – Jul 27, 2016
Dr. Nau has influenced my life in numerous ways. Sukie is one of the most compassionate and caring individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. He was my first mentor as I embarked in my own career path as a future PT. It was inevitable that I'd look up to him since he embodies all of the characteristics any great physical therapist should have. Not only did I have the opportunity to witness these first hand by observing his interactions with multiple patients, but also by having the pleasure
Yaisel in Miami, FL – Jul 19, 2016
Great PT treatments given! Dr. Nau's work is extremely thorough as he has an extensive understanding of the body. Being that I do massage therapy I understand the value of working with your hands during therapy treatments. Sukie also understand the value of massage and incorporates this into his therapy treatments as well and doesn't leave the treatment to only mechanical, electrical stem, ice, etc... I appreciate that, as it makes a huge difference.
Atascadero, CA – Jul 12, 2016
He's very qualified and caring. Personal service
Scott Fane in Miami, FL – Jul 12, 2016
Having worked closely with Mr. Nau for several years, as well as being his patient, I can say with certainty he is one of the best physical therapists you can find. From his calm and understanding demeanor, to his impeccable bedside manner, Mr. Nau is simply one of the greats.
Victor F in Miami – Jul 10, 2016
Sukie not only knows his science, but he also listens and is compassionate and courteous, skills that doctors nowadays seem to have forgotten. His calm demeanor and holistic approach to pain are healing and therapeutic in and of themselves, but his knowledge, skills, and dedication to each patient reaffirm that he is a top-notch professional to whom I would resort without any hesitation for any sports-related injury or pain resulting from any sort of accident or wear and tear.
Claudia in Miami, FL – Jul 09, 2016
Working with Dr. Nau, PT, as a patient, and as a student, I feel so thankful to have met such a knowledgable and inspiring young leader. Dr. Nau is wise beyond his years. As a patient of Dr. Nau's, I received a new perspective and hope for my healing of my injury. He has a healing touch, which leaves you feeling secure, and in good caring hands. I have seen Dr. Nau work with countless patients, and I highly recommend Nau Physical Therapy and Wellness as a go-to first consult when considering
Bernardo Valero in Miami, FL – Jul 06, 2016
Dr.Nau took great care of me after I fell and broke my wrist. He helped throughout every step of my rehabilitation and offered several natural remedies.
Jul 06, 2016
Dr. Sukie Nau is extremely knowledgeable and certainly an expert in his field! He takes his time to listen to you and talks you through the therapy he performs. The manual therapy with essentials oils worked great for me when I had severe back pain that restricted my movements. After seeing Dr. Nau for my back, I felt so much better the following day and was moving more freely. Dr. Nau is absolutely amazing!
Catonsville, MD – Jul 05, 2016
Sukie is a highly skilled and compassionate physical therapist who treats you like an individual being. He has solved my physical ailments various times and also given me good advice for maintenance of my body,
Javi in Miami, FL – Jul 04, 2016
Dr. Sukie is caring, kind, and compassionate. He truly has a gift for healing, and goes beyond what a typical practitioner does. I am a dancer with many previous injuries, and have had PT in the past, and nothing compares to the attention and care that Sukie gives you. I highly recommend him for any pain or injury you want to get rid of. A+
Elizabeth N. in Port Saint Lucie, FL – Jul 03, 2016
Tried many other practices for my persistent low back pains and none gave me the pain relief that was sustainable as this Doctor did. I love Dr Sukie. His methods are awesome and seemingly innovated. Not the typical PT that I have encountered in the past. Highly recommend him if you want long and permanent pain relief.
R Cebey in Port Saint Lucie, FL – Jul 02, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Nau?

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation