Sherry Johnson, LMFT

CounselingFemaleAge 51

Counseling

Sherry Johnson, LMFT is a Counselor in Santa Clara, CA. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Sherry Johnson, LMFT
1588 Homestead Rd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"I provide an individualized treatment plan for every client. "

- Sherry Johnson, LMFT

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Sherry Johnson treats your condition or procedure

• Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Sherry Johnson accepts

Sherry Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Sherry Johnson

Sherry Johnson

Sherry is truly invested in the doctor/patient relationship. The level of care she provides is professional, providing constructive feedback or pointing to personal insights in a compassionate, clear manner. The work I have done with her has served me well both in my career and personal life.
Feb 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Excellent therapist! All 6 sessions were very helpful!
Sheree – Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I’ve been with sherry for a few years now and it was the best decision I have ever made for myself. She is kind, compassionate, and always gets you to refocus on your goals. Highly professional in her field and a great asset to the mental healthy community. She has saved me in more ways than I could ever imagine and am grateful to have her be a part of my healing journey. she is honest and will give you the things you may need to hear while giving you a safe space to be vulnerable.
Feb 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Word's cannot truly describe how appreciative and blessed I am to have connected with Sherry. I came to her at the lowest point in my life- while I was in crisis. Sherry's professionalism and years of experiences has helped me tremendously in finding purpose in my life again. I never realized how much I was carrying on my shoulders and how much of a negative impact it had been making on myself and my relationship with my child until I sat down and truly opened up to her. The best part is that she didn't really have to pry and poke at me to get me to express my emotions, her speech and delivery made me want to open up. I love that there is never a moment of awkward silence in our sessions like I have experienced with past therapists. She makes me proud to tell people "I have a therapist!" I always look forward to our sessions as she is full of knowledge and gives great insight when working towards my goals. Even my family notices I am emotionally and mentally much happier and better.
Jan 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I'v been consistently working with sherry for a few years now, and I feel very comfortable with her style and approach to counseling. She's very direct and candid with me which I value and I feel like she understands where I'm coming from and relates well with me. She's not afraid to push me either, which is good and I need that from someone in her role.
Jan 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
As a first responder for over 15 years and a current firefighter/paramedic I only recently started seeking counseling for the things I deal with at work as well as for personal issues unrelated to work. Sherry is a straight shooter, very compassionate and is very experienced in what she does. I feel like she speaks my language. She’s an excellent counselor and I have recommended her several times to close friends of mine who I know can benefit from speaking with her. Thank you sherry for what you do.
Firefighter/paramedic – Jan 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I highly recommend seeing Sherry. She is compassionate and honest. She will say what you need to hear. She provides good suggestions and really cares about her clients. She has helped me a lot in a short amount of time.
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry is amazing. I'm usually intimidated to start therapy due to worrying about being judged or not having the right chemistry with the therapist. She made talking so easy and helped me with so much within just half a year. I've definitely changed for the better because of her and I can't thank her enough for all the time and effort she put into our sessions. She will make you feel comfortable and remind you someone does care. I would recommend Sherry to anyone who needs help with anything, or just needing that guidance to help you self reflect to work on your own demons. It's never easy going to therapy, but she makes it easier and worth it.
April T – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been awesome! I feel like she gives me great advice on both personal and marriage related issues. She has a been able to help me through many tough issues and also been their for me for very low moments and helped uplift me. I can’t begin to explain how much she’s changed my life. Highly recommend her! She has so many years of experience and it shows in her advice.
Leo – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Always supportive and provides great feedback and insight!
May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Ms. Sherry is the best!! I started seeing her when I lost my partner 6 months ago. She is only a text away, and I’ve learned how to breathe through the pain and be kind to myself. I always look forward to our next sessions, to help with growing.
Monisha C. – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I was never a fan of therapy, though I knew I needed help. I never clicked with therapists I'd seen before and found it hard to open up completely, until I met Sherry, 4yrs ago. I knew from moment I met her, she was a different kind of therapist and she's changed my life for the better since then. Sherry made me feel at ease because she's down to earth, caring, a straight shooter and always a true professional. She makes time to fit me in when I have "one of those days" and need to talk through my emotions, which I truly appreciate. I can't thank her enough for helping me and my family through our toughest times.
Theresa – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been an incredible counselor the last six months for me. She has provided me with successful tools to handle difficult situations that arise. I truly feel that her knowledge, understanding, compassion, and ability to help determine strong successful strategies/resources has enabled me to become who I longed to be and who I knew was in me. I am forever grateful for her services. As a military spouse myself, she has helped me tackle the unknown's of life. She especially helped me to take control over a binge eating issue that I was struggling for over 2 years. I am forever grateful for her services and all the skills that she has taught me. Thank you, Sherry!
Kate – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Very positive and empathic. Sherry was versatile in her hours and approach to my needs. I would recommended her to anyone!
Cynthia Letts – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I have gone to see Sherry with my fiancé for couples/marriage counseling on several occasions. She was able to help us with tools on how to communicate effectively and tips on how to get through hurdles when tensions bubble up. She is a great listener, but is also very personable, engaging, and gives us real life examples that we can relate to. I have not been to too many counselors/therapists, but I was pleasantly surprised with Sherry's services because it wasn't what I thought it would be like where she follows up a question with another question and you feel more confused then when you first came in. I felt she genuinely was looking to help us solve or cope better with our relationship challenges rather than trying to make us her forever clients. She is also very easy to schedule with via text.
Jennifer Y. – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry was extremely helpful in helping us out when my son struggled with some serious life changes (his father’s death, failing grades, etc.) and became depressed. She counseled us as parents and pointed us in the right direction to get more extensive help for him when he expressed he was having suicidal thoughts. Thank you Sherry, our son is doing much better.
Debbie in San Jose, CA – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Always helpful in coming up with ways to improve situations and offering suggestions of things to do that will help. Great listener and very encouraging.
san jose – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry is the REAL DEAL! She is very knowledgeable and will help guide you to think of all options in a situation. I work for a high security clearance employer, and Sherry understands this atmosphere as she has worked in maximum security prisons most her life. I didn’t have insurance that Sherry took, but the experience was priceless! She is great at crisis!
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been extremely positive over the last 6 months of couple's/premarital counseling. We weren't there to solve any specific issue, but to learn new tools for success. Her ability to identify each person's own behaviors as well as the unique features of the relationship and to communicate that to her patients has proven extremely useful in making sure each person in the relationship is able to stay true to themselves and therefore to stay happy in the long run. Thank you!
B. Lee in San Jose, CA – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I loved going to Sherry, she really helped me throughout my transition at college. She gives you personal anecdotes in order to make you feel more comfortable and creates a welcoming atmosphere.
Santa Clara – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?

How was your experience with Sherry Johnson?