Sherry Johnson, LMFT

Counseling •  Female • Age 49

Sherry Johnson
2090 Evans Ln San Jose, CA 95125

Sherry Johnson, LMFT is a Counselor in San Jose, CA. She is not accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Sherry Johnson to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in San Jose

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Sherry Johnson accepts

Sherry Johnson accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Kaiser Permanente
Value Options
Behavioral Health

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Sherry Johnson treats your condition or procedure

Sherry Johnson's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Affective Disorders, Psychotic
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Sherry Johnson, LMFT...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Sherry Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Sherry Johnson

Sherry Johnson?
What People Say About Sherry Johnson, LMFT
Sherry is amazing. I'm usually intimidated to start therapy due to worrying about being judged or not having the right chemistry with the therapist. She made talking so easy and helped me with so much within just half a year. I've definitely changed for the better because of her and I can't thank her enough for all the time and effort she put into our sessions. She will make you feel comfortable and remind you someone does care. I would recommend Sherry to anyone who needs help with anything, or just needing that guidance to help you self reflect to work on your own demons. It's never easy going to therapy, but she makes it easier and worth it.
April T – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been awesome! I feel like she gives me great advice on both personal and marriage related issues. She has a been able to help me through many tough issues and also been their for me for very low moments and helped uplift me. I can’t begin to explain how much she’s changed my life. Highly recommend her! She has so many years of experience and it shows in her advice.
Leo – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Always supportive and provides great feedback and insight!
May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Ms. Sherry is the best!! I started seeing her when I lost my partner 6 months ago. She is only a text away, and I’ve learned how to breathe through the pain and be kind to myself. I always look forward to our next sessions, to help with growing.
Monisha C. – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I was never a fan of therapy, though I knew I needed help. I never clicked with therapists I'd seen before and found it hard to open up completely, until I met Sherry, 4yrs ago. I knew from moment I met her, she was a different kind of therapist and she's changed my life for the better since then. Sherry made me feel at ease because she's down to earth, caring, a straight shooter and always a true professional. She makes time to fit me in when I have "one of those days" and need to talk through my emotions, which I truly appreciate. I can't thank her enough for helping me and my family through our toughest times.
Theresa – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been an incredible counselor the last six months for me. She has provided me with successful tools to handle difficult situations that arise. I truly feel that her knowledge, understanding, compassion, and ability to help determine strong successful strategies/resources has enabled me to become who I longed to be and who I knew was in me. I am forever grateful for her services. As a military spouse myself, she has helped me tackle the unknown's of life. She especially helped me to take control over a binge eating issue that I was struggling for over 2 years. I am forever grateful for her services and all the skills that she has taught me. Thank you, Sherry!
Kate – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Very positive and empathic. Sherry was versatile in her hours and approach to my needs. I would recommended her to anyone!
Cynthia Letts – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I have gone to see Sherry with my fiancé for couples/marriage counseling on several occasions. She was able to help us with tools on how to communicate effectively and tips on how to get through hurdles when tensions bubble up. She is a great listener, but is also very personable, engaging, and gives us real life examples that we can relate to. I have not been to too many counselors/therapists, but I was pleasantly surprised with Sherry's services because it wasn't what I thought it would be like where she follows up a question with another question and you feel more confused then when you first came in. I felt she genuinely was looking to help us solve or cope better with our relationship challenges rather than trying to make us her forever clients. She is also very easy to schedule with via text.
Jennifer Y. – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry was extremely helpful in helping us out when my son struggled with some serious life changes (his father’s death, failing grades, etc.) and became depressed. She counseled us as parents and pointed us in the right direction to get more extensive help for him when he expressed he was having suicidal thoughts. Thank you Sherry, our son is doing much better.
Debbie in San Jose, CA – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Always helpful in coming up with ways to improve situations and offering suggestions of things to do that will help. Great listener and very encouraging.
san jose – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry is the REAL DEAL! She is very knowledgeable and will help guide you to think of all options in a situation. I work for a high security clearance employer, and Sherry understands this atmosphere as she has worked in maximum security prisons most her life. I didn’t have insurance that Sherry took, but the experience was priceless! She is great at crisis!
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Sherry has been extremely positive over the last 6 months of couple's/premarital counseling. We weren't there to solve any specific issue, but to learn new tools for success. Her ability to identify each person's own behaviors as well as the unique features of the relationship and to communicate that to her patients has proven extremely useful in making sure each person in the relationship is able to stay true to themselves and therefore to stay happy in the long run. Thank you!
B. Lee in San Jose, CA – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I loved going to Sherry, she really helped me throughout my transition at college. She gives you personal anecdotes in order to make you feel more comfortable and creates a welcoming atmosphere.
Santa Clara – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
Very hard for a man to ask for help. I had two male colleagues that saw Sherry when they needed help sorting some things out. They both talked highly of her. I went to see her and she was very down to earth. That helped me talk more. I would highly recommend her.
CA – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I found Sherry Johnson to be very intuitive, easy to talk to and readily available within a reasonable amount of time. She is very good at empowering you to take control of your life.
TG in San Jose, CA – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I would definitely recommend sherry! She helped me with anxiety and marital issues. Additionally she helped with sex addiction counseling and provided resources to help our family. She was always professional and kind and worked hard to help out our family. All sessions were done over the phone which was very helpful for me and my busy schedule.
Mountain View, CA – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I highly recommend Sherry Johnson as a counselor. She is very approachable and down to earth. She helped our daughter immensely, who was disengaged and lost in school. We were very concerned about her transition to college and her well being. Sherry helped identify my daughter's reasons for disengagement, her organizational and learning barriers and helped her develop strategies to better manage information and life. My daughter is thriving and excelling in college; Straight "As"
May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
I have been seeing Sherry for about 2 years and she has helped me tremendously. I have experienced the spectrum of good, bad, and mediocre therapists over the years and Sherry is the best I have ever worked with. Forthright and very good at what she does, she asks the tough questions that get to the heart of a problem, and then once you're there, doesn't let you off the hook. Some patients may not be able to handle that, but it was exactly what I want in a therapist---No BS, knowing and honest
May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
As someone who has tried therapy before, I was never quite a believer until I started seeing Sherry. Conversations with her never feel forced or awkward. She is genuine and frank while never overstepping her bounds as a professional. Her dedication to her patients is evident in the results she yields. I highly recommend Sherry to anyone seeking counseling.
Amber in San Jose, CA – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?
An electrical current takes the path of least resistance; people have the tendency to do the same thing. One of the most difficult obstacles in both healing ourselves and inevitably our own pursuit of happiness is accepting our own faults. Sherry has demonstrated an enormous amount of patience and compassion during our meetings, but hasn’t shied away from addressing the very things that are sometimes the source of my troubles. Sherry is an incredible therapist, for whom I am truly grateful.
Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sherry Johnson, LMFT?

How was your experience with Sherry Johnson?

• Counseling
  • Addiction and Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Behavioral Therapy

More Information

• Does Sherry Johnson communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson communicates via email

• Does Sherry Johnson offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Sherry Johnson offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson offers an online patient portal

• Does Sherry Johnson have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson has free onsite parking

• Does Sherry Johnson offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson offers weekend visits

• Does Sherry Johnson offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Sherry Johnson offers evening visits