Dr. Shelly Peed, PHD

Dr. Shelly Peed, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female
Dr. Shelly Peed, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in Oxford, AL. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

1323 Hamric Dr E Ste A

Oxford, AL 36203

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama

Learn about Dr. Peed

Dr. Peed's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Peed "Dr. Peed is in her 18th year of professional counseling and specializes in Positive parenting Parenting through divorce Marriage and Partner Relationships Trauma Recovery and Resilience RAPID TRAUMA RESOLUTION - a form of hypnotherapy. For more information please visit The Institute for Rapid Resolution Therapy Her degree in communication facilitates the positive progression of all types of personal and professional relationships. When communication fails, relationships fail. "I can help you with relationships, both with your significant others and with your children." She is a proponent of Positive Psychology and focus on helping each client find a positive force to build on to find peace and happiness. "I use a variety of techniques including Dialectical Behavior therapy, Solution-focused therapy, and Cognitive behavior therapy." As a former school counselor at the middle, high school and college levels, she knows how to establish a rapport with those hard to reach adolescents. "I believe my honesty and understanding of adolescents encourages trust in me and they will work with me for healing and change. I often help parents re-establish healthy relationships with their children during the troublesome teen years. I have been helping parents for 15 years and know that I can help you through difficulties you may have with the mystique that is effective parenting." "I feel I have been given a special gift to help all individuals, especially those with past issues that are still having effects on their lives.""

This content was provided by Dr. Peed "As a former educator, my style of therapy is to first listen with the intent to understand each individual; then to give tools necessary for needed change in each of my client's lives. My education is shared in every session as I teach in every session, to share that which helps every individual. I love homework for my clients, not only for help without my presence, but also to give ownership for improvement.

I would say that at least 90% of my clients tell me that I am very easy to talk to. Perhaps this is because I am nonjudgmental and accepting of all; I show respect to every person and I am a very kind and open individual. I am very honest and it shows...."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
  • Psychology Education
  • Relationship Counseling

Dr. Peed does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• B.S. Multidisciplinary Studies, McMurry University, Abilene, Tx
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • M.A., Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Tx
    Other Education | Completed 1992
  • M.A., St. Mary's University, San Antonio, Tx
    Other Education | Completed 1999
  • PHD, Capella University, Minneapolis, Mn
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Peed has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Peed has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Peed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Peed's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peed to family and friends

Dr. Peed's Performance

Dr. Peed Says:
"

I received this beautiful letter December, 2015. It is reprinted with permission and much thanks.

Dr. Shelly,

I could not let this Christmas season go by without taking a moment to say Thank you!

Simply put… you saved a 24 year marriage and our daughter too. It may seem unbelievable but for those few months that we saw you, you changed our lives. You made us see things from a new perspective and

...

Dr Peed is an excellent choice for Counsiling and Psychological needs. She is very comfortable to speak with and gets to the heart of the issues. She is compationate and truly cares about her patients. I'm glad we chose Dr Peed!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
In a 27 year marriage, my husband and I badically failed martiage counseling five times in South Carolina. If we had been able to have access to the meaninful help for his autism which went undiagnosed for our first 12 years, we might be very different people today. With Dr. Peed's help, we have...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Peed?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Relationship Counseling