Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD

Telehealth services available

KU Pediatric Clinic

3243 E Murdock St Wichita, KS 67208

(316) 920-2020

Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD is a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Specialist in Wichita, KS. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Evans to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Check if Dr. Evans treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Evans' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental Delay
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Dr. Evans accepts

(316) 920-2020

Dr. Evans accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Evans

3.0

Dr. Evans?
  • Office environment (5)
  • Explained conditions well (4)
  • Wait times (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Long wait times (1)
Dr. Shelby Evans has done so much for my family and my son. While it was incredibly difficult for myself and my husband to accept the diagnosis she gave my son, the more we did our own research and studied his behavior the more we realized she was right, and from then in we have had a fantastic relationship with her and her staff. They are willing to meet you in your own home, scheduling can be very flexible, and most of all she is honest and direct about what changes and strategies need to be implemented to help my son and ALL of us to the fullest extent. There was another review on here that said she wouldn’t let you record, that is true but she has invited myself and my husband to be present at every single session, sometimes we take her up on that and sometimes we don’t. I’m not sure why you would need to record when you can be right in the room with your child. I highly recommend dr. Evans. She tells it like it is yet maintains a clear set of boundaries and respect.
Janet – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
Dr. Evans is an incredible therapist. She is able to perfectly time when to take a step back and cool the conversation down when things begin to get overwhelming for her clients, she does not rush you to finish the conversation, she meets you where you are at without pressuring you constantly to set goal or “be better”, but at the same time knows when to call you our for irrational and detrimental ways of thinking in a way that is not demeaning or rude. She has helped me greatly and we have only been through about 6 sessions.
Kat – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
Did not have a good experience with her. She was a little rude, interrupted me and tried to correct me when I was speaking about my child. Was extremely condescending. Gave us no answers and then after waiting months to see her and only getting one visit in she said she was having surgery, didn’t know when she would be seeing patients again but would give us a call when she was. Never heard from her again. Could have been waiting months on a different therapists wait list and felt that was incredibly irresponsible. Do not trust her at all.
Michele – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
I would strongly advise you seek therapy for your child elsewhere. Shelby sent a very unprofessional therapist to our home who referred to her mother's dog as having "low functioning autism" and she said this in front of our son who she was there to work with. Shelby has been very dismissive of our concerns regarding the caliber of therapists she's sent to our home. After we requested a new therapist due to the offensive things the first one said, the second one wasn't much better. She was very combative with our son and they weren't clicking. One day we heard her over the baby monitor say something to the effect of "how do you like it when I do that to you?" and since you're not allowed to record sessions we weren't able to see what happened. When we asked her if our son did something to her she pretended to not know anything. So we asked for yet another therapist and Shelby became very unprofessional and implied via email this all escalated due to anxiety in the home. Disgraceful.
Ryan – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
Has handled our daughter’s multiple issues amazingly, including helping with a new, KEY diagnosis.
Laura in Rago, KS – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
While Dr. Evans is personable, her professional assessment of our daughter was irresponsibly off the mark. Dr. Evans referred us elsewhere for ongoing treatment and a team of professionals at the medical school looked at her test results and immediately diagnosed her differently. BE VERY WARY OF HER JUDGMENT!!
Wichita, KS – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?
She was easy to talk to and really understood our concerns
Ashley in Augusta, KS – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shelby Evans, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Evans?

• Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics