Individual Counseling  |
Female
Sheila Owen, LCSW
Sheila writes: "Peachtree Therapeutics is the offspring of my twenty-five years experience counselling women, men, youth, couples, and families. Life is filled with its challenges, some more complicated than others. I know. I overcame my own personal challenges with the help of professional therapy. My counsellors noticed that I had a natural ability to empathize with others and that I cared deeply for them. They encouraged me to further those abilities, return to school and learn the discipline of effective counselling. After some reflection, I realized the importance in being a positive influence in the healing of another person, and it became calling from God. At twenty-five, I left the world of finance and went back to school. The clear and divine purpose of Peachtree Therapeutics is to inspire others to overcome their own difficulties and free that confident and capable person inside, just as I did years ago. My profile on Psychology Today can be located by browsing to goo.gl/aergwe." Visit Peachtree at PeachTreeTherapeutics (.com) or on FaceBook as PeachTreeCounseling.

PeachTreeTherapeutics (.com)

2 Linsley St # 210

North Haven, CT 06473

• Anthem

Learn about Sheila Owen

Sheila Owen is the principal therapist at PeachTree Counselling. She is a licensed clinical social worker and a licensed alcohol and drug counselor, and writes, "Your own goals are important to me. They determine the process we will use to bring you to where you want to be, and we can work together to take you there. I provide my clients with a variety of modalities and forms of service, including, family counselling, college students, campus issues, guilt and shame relief, dealing with loss, grief processing, visualization, art therapy, anger management, trauma counselling, youth and teens, young adults, career counselling, CBT, DBT, couples counselling, couples workshops, abuse over-comers workshops, professional workshops, recovery workshops, relationship building, marriage counselling, Christian counselling, mindfulness, guided meditation, workshops for mental health professionals, and referrals to specialists for additional care."

• Individual Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Sheila Owen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Drug Abuse
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Connecticut College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Southern Connecticut State University/ Master of Social Work
    Medical School | Graduated 2013
  • Southern Connecticut State University
    Other Education | Completed
  • Springfield College/ Master of Education
    Other Education | Completed 1993

Sheila Owen has no awards or honors listed.

Sheila Owen has no media or publications listed.

Sheila Owen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sheila Owen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sheila Owen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Sheila Owen to family and friends
Sheila Owen's Performance
in Wallingford, CT |
They took my Medicaid, and the sessions really helped us
I used to go to a PhD psychotherapist and Sheila actually did more for me at half the cost.
in North Haven, CT |
Sometimes life can be hard, financial hardships, divorce, illness, teenagers, and family death. Dealing with one of these at a time is hard enough, but when they are compiled it can draw you to your breaking point. Sheila gives me a place where I can mend what is broken. She is understanding and puts my mind at ease, she helps me find ways of coping with stress and focusing on my goals.
in Hamden, CT |
Sheila's calm manner and disciplined approach combine for an extremely effective experience. I have made great strides with her help, and I would not hesitate to recommend her highly to anyone seeking real results in their lives.
in Bethany, CT |
When family life becomes turbulent to the point where you think you are no longer effective as a parent of an autistic teen, Sheila shines and lights the way for you to find balance and harmony in your home. She is a positive beacon and helps struggling parents to find common ground when faced with a stormy sea of emotions. She will always steer you in the right direction.
Hamden, CT |
Sheila provides a safe,comfortable and nonjudgmental environment. She is easy to talk with. We were able to set goals together which I found easy to meet. My time with Sheila was productive and satisfying. I would highly recommend her for counseling. CR
Have you seen Sheila Owen, LCSW?
Are you Sheila Owen?