Shaylyn Forte, LPC

Shaylyn Forte
Telehealth services available

Still Waters Holistic Health Therapies

2305 Fairmount Ave Philadelphia, PA 19130

Shaylyn Forte, LPC is a Counselor in Philadelphia, PA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Shaylyn Forte to book an appointment.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Shaylyn Forte treats your condition or procedure

Shaylyn Forte's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Shaylyn Forte accepts

Shaylyn Forte accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Shaylyn Forte's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Shaylyn Forte

Shaylyn Forte?
Shaylyn has given me a great first-time therapy experience! I was always making excuses for not seeking support, but once I reached out to Shaylyn she made it so easy. I always look forward to our sessions. She takes a holistic and nonjudgmental approach, and creates a safe and comfortable space. Even after transitioning to telehealth she is flexible and understanding. Shaylyn is actively engaged and I always leave feeling heard. I highly recommend her for anyone!
Natalie – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn has a way of making therapy feel very safe and non-judgemental so that I am more comfortable talking about things I typically keep bottled up. She is incredibly attentive and is able to bring up what may appear to me minute details at first from earlier sessions that even I forget I had mentioned when they are relevant again. She allows me to tangent now and then but is adept at bringing me back to the topic at hand, and go the extra mile to research different issues (and related issues) so that she can better help me through any difficulties I am going through.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn has a wonderful way of making me feel heard and listened to while still being able to gently nudge me to the heart of what is bothering me. While the emphasis for my treatment has been on CBT, she's also provided a lot of additional information and resources which have been helpful in getting my mental health back on the right track. I feel like she's really worked with my needs, giving me space to flow from topic to topic or to add more structure when I've needed more direction. Shaylyn has provided a kind and open space for me to start understanding my depression, anxieties, and self-esteem issues, and while I may not always want to do the work, I always leave feeling better than when the session started.
LP – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn is caring and empathetic. I like that she gives worksheets and information about the techniques she teaches me about so that I can practice them outside of therapy sessions.
Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I'm so grateful to have worked with Shaylyn. She was my therapist from July 2018 to January 2019 (when I moved away from the area). She was supportive, kind, understanding and trustworthy, and she really helped me through a very difficult time in my life. She was truly able to be upfront and honest with me about my struggles, which I appreciated, while being supportive and non-judgmental at the same time.
Chelsea C. – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I went to college with shaylyn. Honestly, after I got convicted of a DUI and struggling heavily with a gambling addiction I was a bit skeptical at first if I needed help or even had a problem. She took everything I said to heart and gave me the tools which I still use today in order to stay clean and be succcessful. I can’t thank her enough. Congrats on your engagement!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn provides excellent service. She is someone you can trust, confide in and feel very open with. Shaylyn couples that open connection with great knowledge and insight.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I have been under the care of Shaylyn for over an year and I can not express how grateful I am to have found her. She is kind and considerate. I did not feel judged. Shaylyn was attentive to my emotional distress and help me develop coping skills. She also educated me on my illness and together we discovered skills that have added in my recovery.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I worked with Shaylyn for about 6 months and was sad to leave her due to me moving out of the area. She is a great listener, is very non-judgmental, and is really good at helping you look at the other side of things for a solution.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I have been meeting with Shaylyn for almost a year and she has been a great counselor. She has helped me a great deal in managing my stress and anxiety.
Philadelphia, PA – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Strongly suggest Shaylyn’s services to anyone going through a difficult time. She has truly changed my outlook on life
Jim in Philadelphia , PA – Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn has been great in helping me get through some difficult times and getting my life back on track. She is so caring and really takes my end goals into consideration when helping me make plans for moving forward. 100% would recommend for anyone looking for a therapist!
none – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I've been seeing Shaylyn for 8 months, and I absolutely love her. I was hesitant to switch to a new therapist closer to school after six years with my previous therapist, but Shaylyn made the transition infinitely easier. She's warm and patient and compassionate; I definitely recommend her for anyone looking for a more informal (but still professional) atmosphere. She definitely deserves a lot of the credit for helping me maintain a positive and stable state of mental health over the past year.
Mary in Philadelphia, PA – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I've been a patient of Shaylyn for over a year now, and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She is more than a friendly face and a good listener, she really tries to make her patient's lives better. She does as much as she possibly can to understand and find solutions to life's problems, no matter what they may be. You couldn't ask for a better therapist.
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Jan 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I've been Shaylyns patient for about 6 months now and she has helped me in numerous ways. I came to her extremely depressed and I felt helpless and hopeless. She remembers things I mentioned to her months prior, and I know she is truly listening to what I say. I came to Shaylyn slightly resistant to help, and in time, I have been able to apply the things I've learned to my day to day life.
Caren C. in Philadelphia, PA – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn helped me through a very difficult time in my life. Her professionalism and dedication to my treatment plan were instrumental to my therapy. She always remembered the smallest details from all of our sessions and made me feel comfortable in talking about any subject. She is also willing to work around any scheduling conflicts I had, and is always understanding when changes arise. I highly recommend Shaylyn as a therapist
Angelo in Philadelphia , PA – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn is an excellent listener, who's knowledgeable on a wide variety of life stressors and healthy ways to cope. She's supportive and friendly. I enjoy her professional, yet easy going nature and I find myself looking forward to therapy, which is new for me. She is really good at seeing the overall picture and highlighting your strengths. She's also always on time for appointments which is a huge perk and pretty rare.
Abby S. in Philadelphia, PA – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
I feel extremely lucky to have worked with Shaylyn over the past year. Shaylyn immediately made me feel at ease and comfortable with sharing intimate details of my life. She is incredibly compassionate – always offering solutions without passing judgement. I value her warm personality and down-to-earth attitude, allowing our sessions to feel beneficial and professional without feeling clinical. I look forward to receiving her valuable insight every session and highly recommend working with her.
Olivia – Jan 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn is perceptive, kind, and compassionate. Painful recounts of events and thoughts are always met with empathy and patience. Shaylyn has a beautiful ability to be both supportive and constructive. She is intuitive and highly sensitive during our discussions. I appreciate the gentle manner with which she provides different perspectives and promotes healthier, more sustainable ways of coping. She challenges me to leave behind beliefs/behaviors that no longer serve me. She has and is a gift.
Annie – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?
Shaylyn has been instrumental in helping me deal with some of life's more difficult challenges. She is a great listener and provides excellent constructive feedback in a warm and welcoming environment. She is also easy to reach when needed. Anyone would be lucky to work with her!
Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Shaylyn Forte, LPC?

How was your experience with Shaylyn Forte?

I listen with an understanding and attentive ear when interacting with clients and offer feedback on how to navigate situations and overcome issues...Read more

Hi! My name is Shaylyn Forte and I have been working in the field of human services for over 5 years.  I graduated from The Pennsylvania State University...Read more

• Counseling