Dr. Shauna MooreReynolds, ED.D

Dr. Shauna MooreReynolds, ED.D

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Shauna MooreReynolds, ED.D is a counselor in Burtonsville, MD and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Texas Southern University in 2010 and specializes in counseling, inpatient mental health counseling, and more.Read her story

3909 National Dr Ste 100

Burtonsville, MD 20866

• Beacon Health Strategies
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Magellan Health Services

Learn about Dr. MooreReynolds

Dr. MooreReynolds' bio

This content was provided by Dr. MooreReynolds "My name is Dr. Shauna Moore Reynolds and I am the founder and Executive Director of SMR Counseling Services. I created SMR Counseling Services to serve the needs of those who desire professional therapy outside traditional appointment hours and settings. We meet these needs by offering appointments late evenings, Saturday, Sunday, by phone, online and home visits. I began my career in Houston, Texas in 1996 working with individuals and families in crisis. I loved my position so much that I dedicated myself to obtaining the education and training necessary to one day open a counseling office that meets the needs of the community. To prepare, I obtained my bachelors in Social Science, my master's in Behavioral Science, and my doctorate in Counseling. In almost 20 years in the area of counseling, I have attended over 100 trainings, seminars, and conferences to stay on top of new techniques and trends in counseling. I am an interactive, solution-focused therapist and my therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding I provide a personalized approach tailored to help each individual, couple, or family build on their strengths and attain the growth they are committed to accomplishing. I am a Christian, and a member of The Peoples Community Baptist Church in Silver Spring, Maryland. I am happily married with an adult daughter. I enjoy spending time with family, traveling, reading, and most of all, helping others."

This content was provided by Dr. MooreReynolds "As a solution-focused therapist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential in order to lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life."

• Counseling
  • Inpatient Mental Health Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Mental Health
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. MooreReynolds does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Houston-Clear Lake
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Houston-Downtown
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Texas Southern University
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Texas Southern University, Department Of Counseling
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. MooreReynolds has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. MooreReynolds has no media or publications listed.

Dr. MooreReynolds does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. MooreReynolds and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. MooreReynolds' Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. MooreReynolds to family and friends
15 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. MooreReynolds' Performance

Dr. MooreReynolds Says:
"

I would like to thank my wonderful patients for the positive feedback.  I will do all that I can to continue to match and exceed the high standards that I have set for the care of my clients.

"

Did not feel like I was heard or understood. First visit she didn’t take many notes. Her eyes were closed and I think she was sleeping half our session.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. MooreReynolds?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology