Massage Therapy  |
Sharon Vogel, LMT
I felt fortunate to breathe in the fresh Hawaiian breeze until I realized that I had just expelled gulps of salt water from my lungs while my family and fellow vacationers gathered around me blotting out my suntan rays. Besides the fiery burning in my chest and eyes, I complained to my Father who scooped me out of the deep and thus gave me life twice. Apparently drowning in the warm island waters was an inconvenience to a mermaid of five-year-old. I remember noticing the crowd staring at the scene as if students shadowing a procedure. The following day, the day after returning to this life, I decided to jump from one balcony to the next, no problem, after all, I practiced many times on the monkey bars. At fifteen stories up, dressed only in a hula skirt and sunkissed skin, I wanted to surprise my Mother with the proficiency of my new island dance. I climbed on top of the iron-barred railing with my sandy bare feet and jumped with all of my might, and here I am to tell about it. Oh, it was a surprise alright, my Mother threw open the sliding glass doors of the hotel yelling "the baby, the baby!" while she grasped me up and interrupted my performance. Again, I was wondering what was all of the fuss. Upon returning home, I was promptly enrolled in Kindergarten and my life's next adventure began as the name of the school was deemed "Doctor School." Apparently, I was going to be a Doctor, that is obvious, I thought. At the wise age of five, I already knew that Doctors are curious, courageous, and confident. So, yes, I would be a doctor someday. With the influence of my Mother's surgical-nurse paraphernalia, I would listen to heartbeats, pretend to feel a pulse, and mallet my patient big brother's knees looking for reflex. In addition to astutely treating the family German Sheppard as my regular patient, I began my life's work as that of a practitioner. As memory has it, my Mom would come home after a long day's work and ask me to rub her feet. "Sure, Mom, you can be my patient!" After working on her day after day, I finally exclaimed a diagnosis. I exclaimed that her feet hurt because she did not have bones but rather, she had "squish." I was prompted to "squeegee that outta there" by my patient. That enlightenment brought me to the field of inflammation and draining swelling. I have been offering manual lymph drainage for 42 years now and 25 of those years as licensed as an allied health practitioner. I have books of yet unwritten stories in my thoughts all from first-hand experience on inflammation and the immune system of my patients through the years. Still, I am committed to learning of the world's evolving health needs, new research ideas, and global connections. I hail from a family of world travelers and missionaries. We give and serve while receiving; it is our balance of life. Since childhood, upon adulthood, I began my allied health practice at the age of 19 by receiving my first license to practice and opening the corporation. Through these 25 years of direct hands-on patient care, I have received certifications, massage therapy licensure, biomedical science university with cum laud honors, various stature, and a wide demographic of patient interaction. It is an honor to serve. Thank you.

5002 Main St Ste A

Downers Grove, IL 60515

Learn about Sharon Vogel

Lymphatic Drainage saves lives by detoxifying carcinogens and lymphatic load.

I am well versed in my scope of practice including the specialty of Lymphedema management, Trigger point, Myofascial release.

Mayo Clinic practitioners, international Chiropractors, national surgeons, and local physicians refers patients to me for treatment.

My training as BCTMB Nationally Board Certified Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, LMT Licensed Massage Therapist, and Certified Lymphatic Drainage, allows me to treat the whole person's wellness. Currently, I graduated Valedictorian of Biomedical Sciences, with an emphasis in Nutrition at National University of Health Sciences.Your complete wellness is my focus.

Your multifaceted personal wellness will be addressed from where you can be well the fastest through various modalities.

• Massage Therapy
  • Acupuncture
  • Chiropractic
  • Nutrition Consulting

Sharon Vogel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Breast Cancer

• Soft Tissue Massage
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Cortiva Institute
  • Midwest College Of Naturopathic Medicine-Manual Lymphatic Drainage
    Other Education | Completed 2010
  • National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic
    Other Education | Completed

Sharon Vogel has no awards or honors listed.

Sharon Vogel has no media or publications listed.

Sharon Vogel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sharon Vogel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sharon Vogel's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Sharon Vogel?