Sharon Thurow, FNP-BC

Sharon Thurow, FNP-BC

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Sharon Thurow, FNP-BC is a family medicine specialist in Thiensville, WI. She specializes in family medicine, internal medicine, and more.Read her story

216 Green Bay Rd

Thiensville, WI 53092

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Sharon Thurow

Sharon Thurow's bio

This content was provided by Sharon Thurow "I decided to go into the medical field when I was in my 20's. I took a longer and more affordable approach with a diploma program then known as the Deaconess Hospital Nursing Program and graduated in 1987 on the Deans list. I worked in the hospital setting until 1994 including medical surgical nursing,and coronary critical care nursing. I then worked in pulmonary and intensive care medicine with a physician going on hospital rounds while pursuing my bachelors degree full time until 1996.While continuing to work full time in the same job, I then reached my goal with obtaining my masters in nursing as a nurse practitioner and a minor in teaching. I also was hired on as full faculty while acting as a graduate assistant role teaching hospital clinicals to undergraduate RN students. I graduated in 1999 on the Deans list and worked for a general practitioner for 2 years and then worked part time at Wiselives Clinic (Aurora) in Wauwatosa with my own panel of primary care patients as well as running the Student Healthcare Center at Concordia University for 3 years. I finished working at Aurora in 2007 and decided to open my own primary care practice as an LLC under Thiensville Family Healthcare for about a year. I then opened my own practice as an S corp Thurow Primary Preventive Healthcare where I am presently today-in Thiensville,Wisconsin. I have always been an altruistic person wanting to help others to help themselves improve their quality of life. My vision was to open a clinic that actually addressed the patient face to face with taking the needed time in order to deliver holistic healthcare. I don't treat the patient as a problem but address their symptoms as well as look for the core of the problem to heal, and be well. I started to get involved with functional medicine and integrate my traditional background for a wonderful all inclusive mix that is successful. I involve the patient in their decisions for their healthcare and utilize a team approach. I also utilize hospitalists which are providers employed by the hospital to admit patients when needed. This provides a "Thurow" approach as each practice is completely different. The patient ultimately follows up with me. I continue to strive to help patients help themselves, but ultimately I have learned that the patient is the one that has to live out their lives, expectations and health overall."

This content was provided by Sharon Thurow "I want to treat patients as I would treat my own family-with respect, working together as a team to help you live a better quality of life, and also am compassionate. My main goal is to work with the patient as a team and help the patient help themselves for a better quality of life."

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Sharon Thurow does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Concordia University Wisconsin
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Deaconess School Of Nursing Wisconsin
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • Board Certified Through Ancc
    Other Education | Completed 1999
  • Concordia University Wisconsin
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Sharon Thurow has no awards or honors listed.

Sharon Thurow has no media or publications listed.

Sharon Thurow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sharon Thurow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sharon Thurow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Sharon Thurow to family and friends

Sharon Thurow's Performance

Sharon Thurow Says:

The feedback that I get is appreciated to help me strive to be the best provider that I can be with your help. I work on continuously improving my practice by keeping up with the medical literature that is always changing and take your experiences and learn from you also. Please go to to learn about the practice, product offerings, meet the staff,accepted insurance plans,and articles posted to help you keep

I just established care with Sharon and I am so impressed with her willingness to listen to my concerns and address them appropriately. I have never felt this level of comfort with any of my previous providers. I will definitely recommend Sharon to my family and friends!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I appreciated Dr. Thurow on my first visit because she took a long time with me discussing my health background, my concerns and really listened, allowing me to help make decisions about my care and well being.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I so appreciated the visit that I had with Sharon and her staff. Her questions were thoughtful and pertinent to my situation. She took her time, I never felt rushed, I felt like there was nothing else she was interested in, except for me and what I was there for. Her staff took great care to not...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She took the time to listen to my concerns and gave me positive feedback.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thanks for your comments.

I have been treated by Sharon for over a year and this is the first time that my health issues have really been addressed. It's not just prescribing medications (I am using some) but it is incorporating some supplements which have really improved my health. I travel 40 minutes to see her. It's...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Nearby providers with similar experience

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)