Clinical Social Work  |
Sharon Lorber, LCSW
Upon graduating from Columbia University's School of Social Work in 1998, I have had the privilege of working with and helping many people. I pride myself on the skills and knowledge that I acquired at Columbia. It was a very vigorous program. Since graduating, I continue to expand my knowledge as well as skills. I push myself very hard to do the very best work that I can. This is evidenced by the generous reviews that you will find on my profile. If you have an issue or wish to grow, please reach out to me and give me the opportunity to be of help.

30 Bounty Ln

• Oxford Health Plans
  • Value Options
  • Vytra Health Plans

Learn about Sharon Lorber

This content was provided by Sharon Lorber "People who seek my help are always treated with the greatest respect and dignity."

• Clinical Social Work
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Social Work

Sharon Lorber does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Chemical Addiction
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Workplace Depression

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Management
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Queens College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Creedmore Psych Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Columbia University School Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Sharon Lorber has no awards or honors listed.

Sharon Lorber has no media or publications listed.

Sharon Lorber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sharon Lorber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sharon Lorber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Sharon Lorber to family and friends
Sharon Lorber's Performance
in Westbury, NY |
Sharon is caring, insightful, patient, and non-judgmental.. She has helped me greatly with my problems: (depression and anxiety). I always feel better after a session. I heartily recommend her as a therapist .
Westbury, NY |
I have been seeing Sharon for a little over a year. I have seen other therapists in the past and none of them have had the same genuine, caring, trustworthy demeanor as Sharon. Sharon has given me the tools to identify repetitive, toxic behaviors in partners and the confidence to address issues directly and promptly. She has been a beacon during depressive states and periods of anxiety. She has provided guidance during our sessions and resources I can tap outside of our sessions. I RECOMMEND HER
Hicksville, NY |
Sharon is a lovely person who immediately provides a warm and open environment. This truly helped me open up and share my most intimate thoughts. I have had several "A-Ha!" moments with her while dissecting things about my life and interpersonal relationships. She provides you resources to help achieve your goals. I am so thankful for her and thankful I found her.
in Washington |
I am a student that took a break in the middle of my semester due to alot of anxiety that was built up. Looking back, I don't think I could be where I am today without Sharon's help. Her patience, understanding, care, & targeted approach to narrow down the things in my life that were causing me anxiety helped me grow into a better person today. I am now able to stay focused on my school goal without having all the anxiety built up.She helped me from the mess I was to help me reach my goals today
Bethpage, NY |
Jersey City, NJ |
I have been a patient of Sharon's for nearly 8 years. She has been instrumental in helping me at some very challenging times but has also celebrated my victories. Sharon is caring and diplomatic, she can see things for what they are and help in a variety of situations. I have referred others to her before and will continue to in the future.
in Woodbury, NY |
Sharon is amazing! She has helped me through some very difficult times. I have always felt at ease talking with her and particularly like that she gives her knowledge in as well. I have seen other therapists in the past some want you to keep coming back for a very long time...Sharon gives you the tools to take with you in life to figure things out on your own and is there if you ever get stuck.( lol)..I highly recommend her she is the best!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I started seeing Sharon when I was a sophomore in high school. I wasn't doing well in school and I had low self esteem. I started seeing her because I felt very alone and didn't have anyone to talk to. I saw her once a week throughout high school and most of college. She helped build up my confidence so much and taught me to love and respect myself. I was at such vulnerable age that I don't know where I would be today if I hadn't met Sharon. Working with her changed my live and I'm so grateful.
in Syosset, NY |
Sharon is very clever, kind, caring and no-nonsense. She is expert at reading my state of mind on any given day, and will tell me what I need to hear, before I even knew I needed to hear it. She has helped me gain strength and perspective through a very difficult time in my life; I would have been lost without her.
in Melville, NY |
Sharon has been my therapist for several years. She helped me through a difficult period in my life. She is warm and caring as well as direct and honest. I am so very grateful for her support through a crucial time in my life.
Have you seen Sharon Lorber, LCSW?
Are you Sharon Lorber?

• Beacon Health Strategies
    Behavioral Health
    Emblem Health
    GHI
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield