Psychotherapy  |
Shari Slebodnik, LLP
Something that I hear frequently from my patients is that they feel an "instant deep connection" with me. I have been told that I am "very easy to talk to". I pride myself on providing non-judgemental, casual, compassionate, and collaborative care to those who allow me into their most vulnerable and private thoughts and issues. My background & experience are rooted in Gender Dysphoria, Polyamory, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, Incest, & Sexual Trauma. Depression, social anxiety, and adjustment problems are often associated with those topics, and I am confident that I can help you get through these concerns! Let's get started! Have you heard "I don't know about transgender, but I'm willing to learn!" from your therapist? It's not ethical to ask your patient to teach you how to treat them. I've had the pleasure of helping hundreds of trans-patients transition over the past 9 years! I'm a PhD-Candidate, with completion in the very near future.

Shari Slebodnik, LLP, CCHT, PhDCand

1700 W Big Beaver Rd Ste 200

Troy, MI 48084

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity
  • Self Pay
  • Sliding Scale

Learn about Shari Slebodnik

Shari is experienced with Relationship Counseling for those in a Non-Traditional Relationship or those who identify within the LGBTQIA communities. Her professional expertise has been primarily grounded within the issues relating to Transgender Care, Sexual Orientation, and Alternative lifestyles. She is fully trained in Hypnosis and continues to acquire more advanced hypnotherapy training. Shari also conducts Corporate Sensitivity Education and Training, offers inclusion and sensitivity policy creation and deployment, and leads webinars and staff training for EAP organizations.

• Psychotherapy
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Sex Therapy

Shari Slebodnik does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Grief
  • Nightmare Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Dysfunction

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Rochester College
  • Wentworth & Associates, PC
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Wentworth & Associates, PC
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Shari Slebodnik has no awards or honors listed.

Shari Slebodnik has no media or publications listed.

Shari Slebodnik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Shari Slebodnik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Shari Slebodnik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Shari Slebodnik to family and friends
Shari Slebodnik's Performance
in Birmingham, MI |
I was feeling a great deal of loss, hopelessness & sadness, which affected my marriage horribly. My brother encouraged me to see someone and recommended Dr. Slebodnik, and I am so thankful I made that appointment, she was just what we needed!! She listened and validated both sides, which helped us to realize our own accountability. She helped us change the way we communicate. She is so positive & reassuring, offering hope and teaching skills necessary to accomplish a healthy marriage.
in Ypsilanti, MI |
I can not say enough about this woman! She saved my life and I will never be able to pay her back for it. She helped me see through the gaslighting that my family was putting me through. She helped me see my own worth when I thought that would never happen. She helped me learn better ways of dealing with my depression and anxiety from so many years of incest abuse. She means so much to me and she really has no idea what she means to people. Laid back, non-judgemental, & easy to talk to.
in Troy, MI |
My husband and I went with Shari because we were referred to her by a couple we know. They did couples counseling with her for a few months and we saw the progress that they made. Our friends couldn't say enough good stuff about her! She really is so laid back and easy to talk to. She didnt pick sides, which was important to me, and she validated both of our issues. Instead of looking to put blame on one person, she helped us realize that we were both right and both wrong!!!
in SCS, MI |
My therapist rocks!! Shari has helped me so so so many times figure out life stuff (ive got anxiety) and she gives me great tools to help me deal with it. I can always count on her to talk me down when i'm freaking out. My fiance says that i don't flake out as much as i used to, since i started seeing Shari. I agree with him, I don't feel so anxious like I used to.
in Troy, MI |
Ms. Slebodnik is by far the most helpful and knowledgeable psychologist that I have ever met. I recommend her to every person that I know who is struggling with their mental health. I would trust her with my life, and have numerous times.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Most of the therapist stories that I have heard start with "They didn't know anything about....". Shari is an expert on transgender everything. I find it extremely easy to tell her anything. She never judges me, and has a ton of resources. I feel like I've known her forever and appreciate her compassion and empathy.
in Warren, MI |
Shari was very down to Earth and easy to relate to. She made excellent eye-contact, and was very sensitive to my situation. She gave some great suggestions for coping mechanisms, and followed up to find out if they worked for me. I see myself having a professional relationship with her for many years. I wouldn't see another counselor after meeting and talking with her!
Have you seen Shari Slebodnik, LLP?
Are you Shari Slebodnik?