Dr. Shari Slebodnik, PHD

Psychological TraumaFemaleAge 54

Dr. Slebodnik
27600 Jefferson Ave Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081

Dr. Shari Slebodnik, PHD is a Psychological Trauma Specialist in Saint Clair Shores, MI. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Slebodnik to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychological Trauma Specialists in your area

"Our doctor is experienced with complex Trauma, surviving narcissistic  abuse, Relationship Counseling for those in a Traditional/Non-Traditional Relationships, and with those who identify within the LGBTQIA co..."

- Dr. Shari Slebodnik, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Slebodnik treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Slebodnik's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Burnout
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Fetishism
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Therapy
  • Nightmare Disorder
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Stress Management
  • Transgender Disorders

Dr. Slebodnik accepts

Dr. Slebodnik accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Slebodnik's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Slebodnik

4.3

Dr. Slebodnik
When I first started looking for a counselor I couldn't find a good fit for both my wife and myself. I was talking to a friend about our issue finding someone and she insisted that I try her prior counselor. She pulled out a stack of Dr. Shari's cards from her purse! lol! Anyway, my wife and I were dealing with an overly demanding mother in law and arguments stemming from her demands. Not only did we learn a great deal about each other in the process, but we gained patience, compassion and empathy for others who are struggling. We learned to listen and communicate more effectively with my MIL and others in our life! Dr. Shari offered a fresh perspective and challenged us to look at our world through a different lens. She has been an amazing support to us and we have grown individually, and as a couple, so much. I find myself referring her to others now too! lol
Nicole – Nov 21, 2020
As an EMT I was having some serious burnout and stress over covid runs 12+ hours each night. I was burning out, dreaded work, but I love my job. I originally started seeing Sheri for relationship concerns prior to the pandemic, but our therapy evolved into managing my life and dealing with trauma during lockdown as an essential worker. Doc 'talked me off the ledge' so many times. I am so thankful to have a voice of encouragement and reason when I feel helpless and traumatized by what I witness every night. In person or through telehealth Doc is warm, relatable, and positive. I can't see me ever ending our communication. Take your mental health seriously!
Erin – Jun 19, 2020
Dr. Slebodnik came highly regarded as a referral from a trusted friend. She has provided exceptional care with regards to past Trauma issues and the Depression associated with it. Hands down, Dr. Slebodnik is highly knowledgeable and helps you work through issues and get back on track with your life. The best therapeutic decision I’ve made, and I will never go anywhere else. I highly recommend Dr. Slebodnik if you’re looking to get your life back on track.
SJ – Jul 19, 2019
Dr. Slebodnik was so fr4iendly and easy to talk to!! I felt like i knew her for my whole life the first time that i met her and that never changed. She helped me with grieving the loss of multiple miscarriages that i never even considered as the reason for my sense of emptiness and depression. She hit the nail on the head with her diagnosis of grief and helped me sort threw the feelings. Thank you, Dr. Shari, from the bottom of my heart <3
Chanda in Birmingham, MI – Apr 05, 2018
Be careful with having your children see her! She told our child that she has multiple personality disorder in session with her alone. My daughter came out and started asking us questions in the car about this, crying, and was very scared! She was 12! It was never discussed with us, and should never have been told to her! Not only is that rare, and she doesn't have that, but who handles something that serious like that? Yes, she is open and laid back, but that can be detrimental! Unprofessional!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Clinton Township – Feb 07, 2018
To whoever posted this review: I agree that the...Read More
My husband and I went with Shari because we were referred to her by a couple we know. They did couples counseling with her for a few months and we saw the progress that they made. Our friends couldn't say enough good stuff about her! She really is so laid back and easy to talk to. She didnt pick sides, which was important to me, and she validated both of our issues. Instead of looking to put blame on one person, she helped us realize that we were both right and both wrong!!!
Hailey D. in Troy, MI – May 16, 2017
My therapist rocks!! Shari has helped me so so so many times figure out life stuff (ive got anxiety) and she gives me great tools to help me deal with it. I can always count on her to talk me down when i'm freaking out. My fiance says that i don't flake out as much as i used to, since i started seeing Shari. I agree with him, I don't feel so anxious like I used to.
Marlow in SCS, MI – Mar 22, 2017
Ms. Slebodnik is by far the most helpful and knowledgeable psychologist that I have ever met. I recommend her to every person that I know who is struggling with their mental health. I would trust her with my life, and have numerous times.
D. S. in Troy, MI – Sep 09, 2016
Most of the therapist stories that I have heard start with "They didn't know anything about....". Shari is an expert on transgender everything. I find it extremely easy to tell her anything. She never judges me, and has a ton of resources. I feel like I've known her forever and appreciate her compassion and empathy.
Jackson in Ann Arbor, MI – Aug 23, 2016
Shari was very down to Earth and easy to relate to. She made excellent eye-contact, and was very sensitive to my situation. She gave some great suggestions for coping mechanisms, and followed up to find out if they worked for me. I see myself having a professional relationship with her for many years. I wouldn't see another counselor after meeting and talking with her!
Kaitlyn in Warren, MI – Mar 29, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Slebodnik?

Our doctor is experienced with complex Trauma, surviving narcissistic  abuse, Relationship Counseling for those in a Traditional/Non-Traditional...Read more

We've had the pleasure of helping hundreds of patients over the past 14 years!  Have you had a therapist frown at you when you expressed that you...Read more

• Psychological Trauma