Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology  |
Dr. Shannon Lerach, PHD
Dr. Shannon Lerach, PHD is a clinical child & adolescent psychology provider who practices in Solana Beach, CA. She is 37 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Lerach is affiliated with Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego, Alvarado Hospital Medical Center, Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, UCSD Medical Center - Hillcrest and Palomar Medical Center Poway.

Shannon Lerach, Ph.D., Inc., A Psychological Corporation

• Adult Clinical Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Forensic Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma

Dr. Lerach does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of San Diego
  • Juvenile Forensic Services
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Chadwick Center For Children and Families At Rady's Children's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Lerach has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lerach has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lerach does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lerach and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lerach's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lerach to family and friends
Dr. Lerach's Performance
in La Jolla, CA |
We are so grateful we were referred to Dr. Shannon Lerach to assist us with navigating through some long occurring custody issues and the emotional turmoil that came with it for our daughter living between spilt homes. We experienced a severe domestic violence trauma that affected our entire family but sadly both our young daughters. Dr. Lerach was available night and day to our entire family assisting us through the entire process from courts to helping us support our daughter at her school.
in Encinitas, CA |
Dr. Lerach has been amazing during the most difficult time in our lives. She provided a safe place for my daughter ( age 6 ) that adore her from day one. Dr Lerach has a lot of experience and provides not only insight in how to handle difficult situations but helps you navigate through high conflict divorce. She is professional, objective and firm with her assessments, yet she is kind, loving and understanding. A very rare balanced combination that only the best in her feel achieve.
in Cardiff, CA |
Dr. Lerach was our daughter's therapist (after 3 other San Diego therapists were disqualified due to unprofessionalism and breach of ethics!). Dr. Lerach served as our 12-year-old daughter's advocate, ensuring her voice was heard, and that her well-being was at the forefront--in a very highly conflictual custody court battle. She facilitated a stipulation that is now workable for us all. Thank you, Dr. Shannon Lerach! (Yes, I would recommend her as a true advocate for the child.)
in Solana Beach, ca |
There are times in life when you need an expert to help you through tough situations, and fortunately for our family, we were recommended to Shannon Lerach to help us through ours. In an emergency situation, Shannon was immediately available to help us. She gained our young daughters trust quickly and helped her through a very confusing time. i would highly recommend Shannon. She has a very professional and positive approach.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Lerach is awesome! Especially with high conflict families. She takes on tough cases with few other options and does an amazing job. Post divorce my teenager was getting worse after more than a year of counseling . When we finally found her she was able to get us on the right track after only a few months even though dealing with extreme alienation and depression. She has special experience of very complicated family problems that few therapist understand. We are fortunate to have found her.
in San Diego Ca. |
When I found Shannon I finally felt like there was hope in our situation. She understood our complex issues and for the short time she worked with my daughter she was able to get us over one of our biggest hurdles. With her help we were able to start to move forward, something I had heard was basically impossible with our issue.
in Encinitas, CA |
My words here cannot truly express the gratitude I have for the accomplishments I have made in working with Shannon Lerach. Yes, she is a professional with all the degrees and certifications but what is more important to me is a person that cares and makes me feel comfortable and safe. With Shannon creating an environment of openness and warmth, I have been able to make real accomplishments. I would and have recommended her to friends.
in La Jolla, CA |
I refer patients to her
San Diego, CA |
Although I believe the reviewer is entitled to his or her opinion, I strongly feel that the negative review here, mischarcterizes Dr. Lerach. Unfortunatly, I am limited on this site to length of review. My family has worked with Dr. Lerach weekly for over a year now, and she has work ethic that is above and beyond the average Joe. Over that past year, she held weekend hours, making her off time M/T to better serve clients. The truth is- she CARES, and is PASSIONATE about her work and clients.
My experience with Dr. Lerach has been a positive one. She is knowledgeable, helpful and personable.
Carlsbad, CA |
Dr. Lerach has been an invaluable asset to my daughter, who can't wait to see her each week. When difficult issues come up she always says I'll talk to Shannon about this! She trusts Shannon and opens up to her like no other person in her life. Shannon provides a safe haven for my daughter to work through issues, anxiety, distress. I would recommend Shannon to anyone looking for a therapist for their child(ren) without reservation (and do every chance I get).
in Carlsbad, CA |
I started going to Dr Lerach a year ago after the loss of my daughter. She has been an invaluable person to lean on when I can't stand on my own two feet, and to ask for ways to cope and move forward in a life that I never imagined I'd be living. She is a good listener and I find her advice to be very helpful in the 'real world' after I leave her office. I am thankful I found her and the EMDR that she practices too. I like her talk therapy and the EMDR...they both help my brain release trauma
Dr. Lerach has been very helpful to me over the years. I have recommended her to at least two other families that have needed professional help. I have always found Dr. Lerach to be professional and very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate in recommending her to a friend.
in Solana Beach, CA |
I don't know what the first patient is talking about but our experience with Dr. Lerach was more than we could have ever hoped for. I came in earlier this year with my family and found her to be extremely accommodating and welcoming. Most of all, my daughter LOVED her. Can't express that enough. We have a unique set of circumstances and were worried that our daughter wouldn't feel comfortable talking to an adult. In the end, we understood that this was paramount to our families' well-being.
I sought out her help for my children and I found her to be rude and condescending towards me and my point of view. She has poor communication skills and rarely replies to emails. I find her to be a bit standoffish and tends to talk over me when I speak with her. Perhaps, growing up in Rancho Santa Fe, she is unable to relate to people from different walks of life and is used to simply telling people what to do without really hearing them. I would never recommend her services to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Shannon Lerach, PHD?
Are you Dr. Lerach?