Shannon Howard

CounselingFemale

Counseling

Shannon Howard is a Counselor in Waldorf, MD. Her office accepts telehealth appointments.

Shannon Howard

Pinnacle Center for Mental Health & Human Relations LLC

603 Post Office Rd Ste 210 Waldorf, MD 20602
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available
  • Offers Telehealth

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Shannon Howard treats your condition or procedure

Shannon Howard accepts

Shannon Howard accepts the following insurance:

Select

DO NOT SCHEDULE
Manipulative, dismissive, unprofessional
Apr 27, 2022
Unprofessional and rude
We had two couple's counseling sessions with Dr. Howard. During both, sessions, she frequently interrupted us and spoke rudely to us. She is very bad with scheduling and makes passive aggressive comments about being "in demand" to justify her cancelling appointments without notice. Would not recommend someone who seems so immature to counsel people on their own social and mental health issues.
Apr 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?
Poor communication and business practices!
Dr. H didnt show for our 3rd visit. I emailed to see if something changed. I was completely taken aback by her response. She said it was important for me discuss my scheduling expectations early on. She also stated our previous visit took place on a day it actually did not. My initial visit was on a Saturday. she scheduled the next visit on a Wednesday. She indicated we would continue to meet every Wednesday same time. When I shared this I received another email stating we could discuss next week. I expressed disappointment. We agreed to meet weekly. I would have to wait. She sent another email asking me to take a breath/ process my dissappointment and calm down! She then said do I want to be taken off her schedudled because I couldnt get what I wanted! This was ludicrous. I had flexibility. She set up the apt date/ time. Very disheartening and unprofessional for her not to own her error. Very munipulative to use therapy jargon to place blame on the client. Trust is key!
Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?
She is initially off putting and guarded. She is unprofessional but is professional when it benefits her. She is unaccommodating and and does not provide sound clinical techniques that can transfer in your daily life.
Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?
I don't know who gave a bad review, but Dr. Howard is a Godsend! I know a counselors time is very important, and they're very busy helping others, so I understood that speaking initially might have to wait until my appt. I'm glad I did! My family and I are doing much better thanks to her help!
Nov 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?
Our first and last 2 minute encounter with Dr. Howard was terrible. She was extremely rude and unprofessional and showed no interest in helping my daughter whom she never met. I was made aware later Dr. Howard is not a psychologist or psychiatrist and only specializes in counseling. I believe her title comes from obtaining a PhD.
  • Appointment was rushed
Jen Murphy in Waldorf – May 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?
Three words: Rude, dismissive, unprofessional.
  • Appointment was rushed
Laurel, MD – May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Shannon Howard?

How was your experience with Shannon Howard?