Shanna Dewsnup, AUD CCC-A

Shanna Dewsnup, AUD CCC-A

Audiology  ·
Female  ·
Shanna Dewsnup, AUD CCC-A is an audiologist in Peoria, AZ. She graduated from University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Centers and specializes in audiology, pediatrics, and more.Read her story

8877 W Union Hills Dr

Peoria, AZ 85382

• Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Cofinity
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Shanna Dewsnup

Shanna Dewsnup's bio

This content was provided by Shanna Dewsnup "In 1999, our son Brenden was born with a moderate to severe hearing loss. His hearing loss was detected through the newborn screening program at John C. Lincoln Hospital, where he was born. As a new parent, I went through different emotions upon finding out the news. When I clapped my hands and made noise he would respond to me, but the audiologist kept assuring me to keep his hearing aids on him at all times. What I didn't realize was that he could still hear some noise, but not enough to understand speech. The experience of having a child with hearing loss made a huge impact on my life. Brenden is now a teenager and tells me what he hears. He definitely re-affirms that he just hears noise without his hearing aids on. However, in light of his challenges with hearing, he is an amazing musician who plays concert piano and the drums in the honors band at school. He has conquered everything I was told he would never be able to do. His speech is clear. He is happy and very social. He is a healthy young man who loves everyone he comes in contact with. He has been my inspiration to go into audiology to help educate and assist parents and other individuals who face the diagnosis of hearing loss. For the past sixteen years, my goal has been to offer professional, trust-worthy, and compassionate care to those seeking better hearing and communication abilities. I spent 8 years pursuing a doctorate degree in hearing disorders to learn as much as I could about hearing loss, hearing treatment options, and hearing rehabilitation; and in order to stay current on technology for my son as well as patients that I see. I know the struggles those with hearing loss face on a daily basis. These struggles include hearing music, television, conversation, and hearing in noisy environments. Some individuals isolate themselves when hearing makes it harder to communicate. Hearing should not be a struggle, especially with all the current research and advancements in hearing technology. Most difficult listening situations can be treated with accurate hearing aid fittings, which unfortunately, do not happen as often as they should. Arizona is full of hearing aid stores. What most people do not realize is that not all professionals fitting hearing devices have doctorate degrees in hearing loss. In fact, in the state of Arizona, the minimum education required to sell hearing aids as a hearing instrument specialist/dispenser (BC-HIS) is a GED or high school diploma. Hearing is such an important part of everyday life. It completely affects quality of life. In 2014, my husband Kevin and I decided we wanted to create an Audiology practice that held the highest standards of hearing healthcare. We decided the name Happy Ears Hearing Center was perfect because most people do not think of happiness when they think of hearing loss, and we wanted to change that. We wanted people to come to our office and leave knowing that they would be hearing their absolute best and that they would definitely be happier. As an expert in hearing technology, we guarantee accurate and appropriate hearing fittings for every patient that we see. We treat every patient like they are family. No two types of hearing loss or tinnitus are the same and they affect people differently. We have a very strong passion for helping individuals and their families cope with hearing loss and find joy their success. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone's face filled with joy when they finally realize there is hope in better hearing. "

This content was provided by Shanna Dewsnup "At Happy Ears Hearing Center, our mission is to provide the highest quality hearing healthcare to each patient we see with hearing loss. We value better hearing, evaluate and treat difficult to fit hearing loss, and provide rehabilitation to those we serve. We strive to stay current with the newest hearing technology on the market, in order to offer our patients the best treatment options for their individual needs. With an extensive educational background in hearing loss at the doctorate level, and 15 years of experience with hearing loss, we guarantee better hearing, and through better hearing, happier living. We guarantee the best treatment options and best service in the state of Arizona. "

• Audiology
  • Audiology (Hearing Aid Fitting)
  • Audiology Technology
  • Hearing Instruments
  • Pediatrics

Shanna Dewsnup does not have any board certifications listed.

• Conductive Hearing Loss

• Hearing Aid Adjustment
  • Hearing Screening
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants
  • Universal Neonatal Hearing Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Utah State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Centers
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Hearing Rehabilitation Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Cincinnati / Main Campus
    Other Education | Completed

Shanna Dewsnup has no awards or honors listed.

Shanna Dewsnup has no media or publications listed.

• American Sign Language

Shanna Dewsnup does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Shanna Dewsnup and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Shanna Dewsnup's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Shanna Dewsnup to family and friends
13 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Shanna Dewsnup's Performance