Contact provider for availability

Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology ·  Female

Dr. Curiel

Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Kansas City, MO. She specializes in clinical psychology.

Contact provider for availability

Make an appointment

Dr. Curiel accepts

Dr. Curiel accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Curiel treats your condition or procedure

• Clinical Psychology

Dr. Curiel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Curiel

4.3

Dr. Curiel?
Dr. Curiel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D
We found Dr Curiel while searching for an OCD certified therapist in the KC area. Our 8 year old needed a therapist qualified to treat OCD and tic disorder. Dr Curiel is trained in ERP therapy (the gold standard for OCD). She was specifically qualified and certified to treat our son, but she was also amazing with him. She treated him kindly and met him at his level. She used humor and creativity in the process. we saw measurable results quickly. Great contact and follow up. Recommend HIGHLY.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D?
I met Dr. Curiel in an outpatient treatment facility last year. After years of being treated for depression, she identified my OCD. I struggled with torturous, debilitating thoughts that I was terrified to share with anyone. Dr. Curiel was warm, kind, and gentle. She advocated for me and fought my insurance company to get the help I needed. Dr. Curiel understands how challenging treatment for OCD can be. I wholeheartedly trust her, respect her, and give her my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Curiel for severe debilitating obsessive compulsive disorder. She approached me with compassion and understanding. Because of her counseling I now have a WAY better quality of life, and am able to cope with my OCD on a normal, functional level.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D?
Stubbornly refused to communicate with insurance company's care advocate to see if anything could be worked out to assist my ill family member with OCD. When I expressed dissatisfaction and concern over this she suggested we find someone else. The empathy of a steel door. My family member has been suffering since September 11th, 2001. We are a lower middle class family and have been unable to find a consistent ERPF therapist who works with insurance for the good of the patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shanda Curiel, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Curiel?