Seyma Calihman, MSSW

Seyma Calihman, MSSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Seyma Calihman, MSSW is a psychotherapist in Austin, TX. She specializes in psychotherapy, hypnosis, and more.Read her story

605 Baylor St

• UnitedHealthcare Benefits of Texas
  • Value Options

Learn about Seyma Calihman

Seyma Calihman's bio

This content was provided by Seyma Calihman "I was and raised and educated in New York City and taught Chemistry for several years before deciding to become a psychotherapist. I received my Social Work degree from The University of Texas Graduate School of Social Work at Arlington. Soon after arriving in Texas, I met the Texas who stole my heart and still has it. We live outside of Austin-proper with a succession of rescue dog-pairs, who travel with us everywhere. I am an enthusiastic gardener and make beaded jewelry. I have loved minerals since childhood. I also love books and good friends. "

This content was provided by Seyma Calihman "More than 40 years of study and practice allow me to help you define and accomplish your goals in a timely manner. To this end, I am an active part of our conversation. I am interested in changes that improve the present and future in recognizable ways. Whenever relevant, I help you explore historical events that have an impact on present feelings and relationships. It is possible to heal early abuse and neglect.

Married almost 40 years, I have learned a great deal about nurturing the good in relationships to keep them alive, meeting inevitable difficulties with resolve and creativity, and using problems as motivation to create a path to deep healing for the couple and the individual. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson, love can make you want to be a better person.

Occasionally I work with an individual or a couple in a relationship beyond repair. If a client decides to end a relationship, we work toward an ending that is respectful of everyone involved. "

• Psychotherapy
  • Couples Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Sex Therapy

Seyma Calihman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Neglect
  • Panic Attack
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Sexual Desire Disorders
  • Sexual Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Stress

• Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Stress Management

• Ccny
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1965

Seyma Calihman has no awards or honors listed.

Seyma Calihman has no media or publications listed.

Seyma Calihman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Seyma Calihman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Seyma Calihman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Seyma Calihman

2.4

Seyma Calihman?
Seyma Calihman's Performance
What People Say About Seyma Calihman, MSSW
Seyma is a very intelligent, kind hearted therapist. She has helped me and my family build better relationships. As well as help me deal with my anger and painful past traumas. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help in their relationships or seeking to resolve unwanted patterns. She's...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Seyma Calihman, MSSW?

How was your experience with Seyma Calihman?