Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Seth Silverman, MD
Please review my website. Healthgrades will not permit me to list my website.

4203 Montrose Blvd Ste 310

Houston, TX 77006

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Silverman

Dr. Silverman's Experience

Dr. Silverman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services

• Brandeis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1975
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • University Of California At San Francisco
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Baylor College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University Of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Silverman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Silverman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silverman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Silverman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silverman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Silverman's Performance
Houston, TX |
He was the best. He died of a heart attack the first week of May.
Houston, TX |
Dr Silverman is not compassionate, crass and inattentive. He takes phone calls during patients' visit and refuses to continue prescribed medication explaining it by inconvenience to himself. If you have choice, do not waste your time with this phychiatrist
Houston, TX |
Dr. Silverman is very professional and extremely knowledgeable in his field. He is always honest and upfront with me. He personally has adapted to me. He has found the way to reach me, which is an achievement all on its own. I walk away from our sessions always feeling a little better, he even allows me to bring my dog with me for comfort. I am still seeing Dr. Silverman as I will continue seeing him. Dr. Silverman really has made a strong impact on my life and for that I am forever grateful.
Do not trust Dr. Silverman. He prescribed me an extremely high dose of a particular depression medication, and I did not question the high dose, because I believed that Dr. Silverman knew what he was doing. However, I faced huge consequences for this extremely high dose. I will not go into detail; I just want to say that if you want to be able to fully trust your doctor, do not see Dr. Silverman.
Houston, Tx |
Dr Silverman is excellent and has made a huge difference in my life. He is caring, thoughtful, and insightful. Have struggled for years and now feeling great and more successful in all areas of my life.
in Houston, TX |
This psychiatrist exudes toxic energy. I wish I had not wasted my time with him.
in Webster, TX |
Unwilling to consider seeing me because I have a lot of medications due to an autoimmune disease. When asked if he can recommend someone else he rudelytold me, no one with your insurance.
in Houston, TX |
My initial impression of Dr. Silverman was similar to how I viewed other psychiatrists I have seen- he seemed a little uncaring. However, he has proved to be just the opposite. In fact, he has cured me of a dissociative disorder (Depersonalization Disorder) that I had had CHRONICALLY for 20 (yes 20) years. He must have experience with a range of clients presenting with diverse mental disorders/illness/symptoms to be able to prescribe me a drug combo that has made me feel whole and alive again.
Very smart n therapeutic
Caring n skillful
Carlsbad, CA |
A caring , talented, reliable excellent physician. And I mean physician.
Houston, TX |
When I arrived at the appointment, no one was in the office. No one was sitting at the front desk or anything. During the appointment, I felt as though he rushed through a bunch of questions without really talking to me about why I needed help. He spent little time explaining my diagnosis. He just wrote me a script and sent me on my way. It was also extremely difficult to schedule and appointment. Very knowledgeable but VERY poor bedside manner.
in Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. Silverman was odd. For the first couple of sessions, he was very attentive and generally just listened. However, I noticed that after my third session, he became very disengaged. He would finish sessions early, and would arbitrarily cancel appointments without any notification. He also was not happy that my insurance company was billing him at a low rate even though he was an in-network provider. He kept bringing up the financial aspect repeatedly. What a turnoff!!
Houston, Tx. |
Dr. Silverman is caring, patient, straight forward and makes me feel very comfortable during our visits. He genuinely wants to help you with your problem. Have been seeing him for four months and have had great success with getting me back on track. I highly recommend him.
in Biloxi, MS |
This man is either a raging narcissist or just a huge jerk. Bedside manner is non-existent.
Have you seen Dr. Seth Silverman, MD?
Are you Dr. Silverman?