Serap Kantarci, LMHC

Serap Kantarci
Telehealth services available

17 Steps Counseling Services

129 Mount Auburn St Cambridge, MA 02138

Serap Kantarci, LMHC is a Counselor in Cambridge, MA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Serap Kantarci to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"Founder of the Multicultural Mental Health Center- 17 Steps LLC"

- Serap Kantarci, LMHC

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Serap Kantarci treats your condition or procedure

Serap Kantarci's conditions and procedures:

• Marriage Break-Up
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders

Serap Kantarci accepts

Serap Kantarci accepts the following insurance:

HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans

Serap Kantarci's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Serap Kantarci

Serap Kantarci?
  • Appointment scheduling (23)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (23)
  • Listened & answered questions (23)
    I have been with Serap for about 8 months now, and I am so thankful to have found her. I have been dealing with the ending of my 15 year marriage and longstanding depression I have struggled with since the age of 12. Serap has been very helpful for my depression and for my continued learning about myself and better ways to cope. It is easy to accept and hear her point of view, and I never feel judged at all (which was an issue with a previous therapist I was seeing). My depression has been stable for about 7 months now. I am less depressed than I have been in about 5 years. I have never taken meds. I am still healing from problems in my youth and upbringing as well as trauma from my past relationship. I look forward to talking or seeing Serap every week. I have found her very helpful and in the past I have never been this happy with a therapist as I am with Serap. I hope to continue with her for the long journey ahead.
    Gabriella – May 27, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap ist die beste Therapeutin. Wir sind eine multikulturelle Familie, die erstes mal nach USA ausgewandert sind. Ich war super verzweifelt wie ich mich hier in USA anpassen würde. Dann habe ich Serap kennengelernt, und hat mein Leben angefangen, wie eine Magie zu ändern. Sie hat nicht nur unsere Ehe gerettet sondern auch der Sinn meines Lebens. Ich war in einem sehr dunkeln Tunneln und habe mein Weg verloren und sie hat mir am Ende des Tunnels das Licht gezeigt und mir wie eine Navigationssystem den Weg gezeigt. Wenn ich sehr Schwierigkeiten und Verzweiflung hatte, war sie immer da für mich. Es ist nicht genug, wie viel ich mich Serap bedanke. Vielen Dank Serap, Du hast total mein Leben geändert und mir mein erwünschtes Leben gegeben. Wenn Sie Serap als Therapeutin auswählen, würden Sie nicht enttäuschen und innerhalb der kurze Zeit die Änderungen in eurem Leben und euren Beziehungen zu spüren.
    May 11, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    She is the best Healer in the World. Thanks for improving every details in my life. I am feeling better than before. I feel like a butterfly :)
    Yesim Otsuz – Apr 26, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap is such a compassionate listener, and has a remarkable ability to help me shift my own perspective on the concerns I have. I leave my therapy sessions each time feeling more empowered. I really appreciate how she suggests 'homework' or thought exercises I can do during the week; when I come back to my session, she remembers all the details of what we last discussed, and follows up on the thought exercises. She hasn't been the kind of therapist who just listens without saying anything and takes notes - rather, she listens, takes detailed notes, but also offers me tools for understanding my experiences. She shares aspects of her own lived experience too (with humor!), which makes our conversations feel like those between two friends. I'm so grateful I started working with Serap!
    Apr 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap meets you where you are in her therapy sessions. She is patient, kind, and works with you to identify the underlying issues that you may not even realize are there.
    Mar 30, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    I have been seeing Serap for over 6 months now, and I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to have connected with a therapist like her! She is very warm yet respectful. I have benefitted immensely from her guidance, in managing and reducing my anxiety through various techniques, such as mindfulness, meditation, journaling and CBT. She has gone out of her way to help me find various ways to make my life and my relationships with my family, spouse and colleagues much more fulfilling. No medications, just through mindfulness, understanding oneself better, and by living in the moment. It would not be an understatement to say that she is a blessing in our lives. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, self-doubt, imposter syndrome or relationship issues, do yourself a favor and talk to her. Her methods may take some time, but they are very, very effective. Although she is a thorough professional, you will also end up making a great friend!
    Feb 25, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    I can't thank Serap enough for the difference she has made in my life, so far….She is the reason I am able to function better in Grad School at Harvard. I was able to find my inner strength through working with Serap and have continued to grow into a more confident person. She was extremely helpful with providing Psychoeducation; teaching me DBT and CBT skills to regulate my negative self talk and control my obsessive thoughts. I can manage my Perfectionism & OCD by using all the tools she has given me. Serap used IFS/Internal Family Systems and challenged me to face my childhood trauma and set me on my feet to go forward into life.
    Mark/Harvard Grad Student – Jan 04, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap has been working with me for four months, and had initially been helping me with a heartbreak. She has not only helped me deal with this, but also helped me address issues related to multicultural factors, childhood trauma, and overall self-esteem. She is a highly gifted and talented therapist - very empathic and intuitive. She’s open-minded and very committed to self-growth and knowledge. She cares about her clients, and makes you feel understood and heard.
    Nov 20, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap has been working with me for four months, and she has given me the emotional tools I need to make drastic, positive changes. I came to her suffering from depression and lacking the skills to identify the root causes of that depression. Her patience, kindness, and ability to push me to examine my life choices with a critical eye have empowered me to make tremendous decisions that have landed me in a place so good, I could not have imagined it the day I walked through her door.
    Boston professor – Nov 18, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    I started seeing Serap during Covid19. I was hesitant to see a therapist but encouraged by my brother to seek guidance. I am so happy I have met Serap! Knowing that I can connect with her and have her help me seep through the different cobwebs and future struggles is a great relief. I am a young college graduate trying to get into medical school. My parents have always tended to push my brother and I - helicopter/tiger parents. Serap has been extremely patient with me. Many times, I would call in an emergency, crying and stressing out. She easily calmed me down, welcomed me to enjoy using her office to study, and is helping me change the misconceptions that I have grown up knowing. I also have some issues with my temper and reaction to receiving help; Serap is quickly changing my perspective. My mother has joined in on therapy sessions and together with Serap we will better understand each other and grow and navigate this life more calmly.
    Oct 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap is wonderful!! Serap is a pleasure to work with! She is kind, helpful, and always coming up with new methods to help with specific situations. I would definitely recommend!
    Jun 28, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Overall, an outstanding person to see for therapy!!! She is so welcoming, kind and caring! We having been having help with Anxiety etc and the improvement by visiting with Serap weekly is amazing!! We all wish we had found her, years ago!
    Mom of 5 – Jun 28, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    I approached Serap after struggling with depression for a long time - in denial and later resisting help. After working with her, I have realized what difference a good therapist can make and that therapy works for real. I am lighter, more positive and see myself on the upward curve to healing. Serap is a genuinely warm and kind person who visibly enjoys her interaction with clients. She is nuanced above all in her process - understands cultural differences, unlocks difficult emotions in thoughtful ways and sees through your limiting behaviors.
    Jun 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    We are an LGBTQ couple and have been having couples therapy sessions with Serap virtually during COVID19. Despite being virtual, Serap has been able to identify specific difficulties, offer insights, and give us work that improves our relationship outside of counseling hours and well after counseling is over. I highly recommend her.
    Jess – Jun 26, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap is my first therapist, and she has been a light! She is very warm and genuinely cares about her clients. As someone new to therapy, Serap has been amazing in helping me open up and I look forward to all our sessions.
    Apr 19, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    I found Serap through an EAP. She was readily available and offered two convenient meeting locations. Her warmth was endearing and her help was unquantifiable.
    Mar 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap offers insights I am never expecting that are always helpful in how I see myself and my family patterns.
    Feb 21, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Wonderful! Eu sou brasileira e a muito tempo procurava Alguém especialista na área familiar e em criança. Nela encontrei tudo que eu procurava. Ela não só e carinhosa, educada e simpática mais uma excelente profissional e tem me ajudado de uma forma que nem consigo descrever. Primeiramente Deus e depois ela com sua ajuda e seu coração gigante. Apaixonada na sua profissional e bem óbvio isso , ela ama oque faz e e por isso que o resultado em seus pacientes são tão efetivos. Super recomendo e amo o seu trabalho.
    J Rocha – Feb 10, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Dr. Serap is a world of knowledge. She's not only helped our daughter through anxiety but has developed a very strong relationship with all whom are involved in her life. Serap cares truly about all her patients. We love working with her because she understands our multicultural background and parenting styles.
    Gaby – Feb 09, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?
    Serap is an excellent child and family therapist. She is great with kids and teens; very patient, compassionate, and knowledgeable on ADHD and anxiety disorders. My daughter and then entire family became her patient for two years.I can easily say that Serap is certainly the best family therapist we have ever had!
    Barbara, Cambridge – Sep 08, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Serap Kantarci, LMHC?

How was your experience with Serap Kantarci?

Founder of the Multicultural Mental Health Center- 17 Steps LLC