Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Ransom

Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD is a cognitive & behavioral psychologist in New Orleans, LA and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from University Of South Florida in 2006 and specializes in cognitive & behavioral psychology, medical psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Ransom accepts

Dr. Ransom accepts the following insurance:

Value Options

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check if Dr. Ransom treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Ransom's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

As the director of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Center of New Orleans, I provide therapies that have been scientifically proven to be effective. CBT teaches people how to observe, respond to, and change unhealthy thinking patterns, which can impr...

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

3.8

Dr. Ransom?
Dr. Ransom's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD
Dr. Ransom felt it was appropriate to share intimate details about my treatment and things I had told him in confidence with another person without my consent. It was humiliating and absolutely a violation of doctor patient confidentiality. It eroded my trust in the entire field of therapy for years. I wouldn't recommend telling him anything you wouldn't be comfortable sharing with your significant other or parents as he will not necessarily keep it private.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
Sean Ransom failed to address important factors during my therapy. He never addressed the domestic violence that I reported. I stopped seeing him after less than 3 months. The decision to stop seeing him saved my life. I was able to get out of the rabusive relationship and reclaim my mental well-being. Sean Ransom, in my opinion, is dangerous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
I started seeing Dr Ransom a year ago. Trying to deal with some major stresses in my life that I wasn't always capable of handling on my own. I noticed a fairly quick decline in stress levels after talking to Dr Ransom and coming up with a plan with how to face my issues. It's been just almost a year and we decided that we would only see each other when life's little hiccups came up and I had a hard time handling them on my own. Only time therapy worked for me. Highly recommend Dr. Ransom.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
Dr. Ransom was able to fit me in last minute, and spent extra time with me to help me overcome my fear of flying. He was very nice, helping me to face my fear while still not pushing me too much. He made himself available via text on the weekends at all hours to make sure I had someone to talk to if I needed. I have done very well and after only one session, am already drastically less scared of flying, and took a 4 hour flight last week! I look forward to working with Dr. Ransom in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
Dr. Ransom has helped me overcome my overwhelming fear of blood and needles. This has allowed me to become more comfortable in my work environment and therefore, perform better at my job. He then continued to see me after I "graduated" from my blood CBT work to improve my overall anxiety and harsh judgements of myself and others. I can proudly say that Dr. Ransom's work has made a great positive impact on my life and for that, I am truly thankful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
Dr. Ransom completely changed my life for the better. He helped me realize how strong I am and always have and will be. My life has only been positively impacted after each session I have had with him. If you are looking for a way to actively feel and know you're improving yourself for you and your loved ones, Dr. Ransom is the perfect therapist and will help you through it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?
Dr. Ransom becomes distracted during therapy sessions. Out of nowhere, he will pick up his cell phone, start playing with it, then ask a question that is completely unrelated to your emotional state and what you're talking about. At times, he's really immature and will say a general statement about human behavior that make no sense and when you confront him and ask him to provide specific examples to prove that what he saying is true, he can't. He is also patronizing and instigates arguments.
Thanks for your feedback! I value it very much....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Ransom, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ransom?