Dr. Scott Noorda, DO

Dr. Scott Noorda, DO

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Scott Noorda, DO is a family medicine specialist in St George, UT and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Midwestern Univ Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med in 2011 and specializes in family medicine, geriatric medicine, and more.Read his story

2628 E 3330 S

St George, UT 84790

Learn about Dr. Noorda

Dr. Noorda's Experience

Dr. Noorda's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Noorda's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Noorda "Throughout my medical school education, I often had an underlying feeling that something was missing--that there was something more to healthcare than what I was learning in the intense regimen of schooling and training I was caught up in. Those 7 years were a whirlwind of exams and hospital rounds that quickly transitioned into the whirlwind of starting a job. Despite the constant feeling that I didn't have enough time in the day to learn everything I wanted to, I had begun applying some of the principles of functional medicine in my daily living without even knowing it. My wife and I have always enjoyed talking about health issues together. As we started implementing some of the changes that we discussed, we began to see how making nutritional changes could make a big impact on how we felt and our energy levels. As I began practicing medicine I found that trying to include even the very basic nutrition and lifestyle guidelines included in conventional medical training was next to impossible in the standard 10-15 minute appointment, let alone trying to include detailed and personalized direction. I quickly discovered that it takes time spent in step-by-step guidance to implement meaningful changes, as well as the appropriate tools to facilitate success. The more I interacted with patients, the more I began to recognize the limitations of our conventional medical system. I started to minimize prescription medications for many of my patients--even when the medications fit within the realm of institutional guidelines and recommendations. Personal observation had shown the negative effects of prescription medications in patient after patient, and particularly in combinations of three or more medications. I started seeking out additional education in Functional Medicine. From the very first Functional Medicine conference, which was based on thyroid function, I realized that Functional Medicine was what had I had been missing in my medical education journey. I was finally seeing a true application of the physiology and biochemistry that I learned about in the first two years of medical school. Functional Medicine provided a framework for finding the answer to one of the most common questions my patients were asking: "Why am I sick?" Functional Medicine doctors were not simply accepting at face value recommendations and guidelines that were primarily pharmacology based, but were rather performing a true root cause analysis for each condition they were presented with. For condition after condition that I was studying, body system after body system, and seminar after seminar, I was seeing science-based explanations for diseases that I had always been taught had no known cause--diseases with recommended treatments that are expensive, ineffective, or even harmful. I have found myself falling in love with medicine all over again and feeling a renewed sense of excitement as I learn about and practice a type of medicine where I can offer answers to a patient population that was frequently being misdiagnosed, overmedicated, ineffectively treated, and alienated or even avoided in our conventional medical system. I love combining my background in Neuroscience, Family Medicine, and Sports Medicine with the wealth of information I've gained from studying Functional Medicine. We have seen wonderful results in reversing chronic disease and autoimmune disease--things I didn't think were possible based on my traditional medical school education. Being able to combine the best of my conventional education with the more up-to-date and high-tech applications in Functional Medicine has proven to be extremely rewarding. I love making difference for people who have been previously been told they just have to live with their health problems for the rest of their lives."

This content was provided by Dr. Noorda "My goal is to partner with you and empower you to take charge of your own health in the most effective, natural, and sustainable way possible. At RESOLVE Medical, we provide the highest standard of care by taking the time to get to know you, your history, and what is going on with your body. We utilize high-tech, cutting-edge testing and an in-depth study of your body's systematic function to address the root causes of disease and dysfunction. We then apply proven holistic healing techniques to target chronic health problems such as autoimmune disease, depression, and diabetes head-on."

• Functional Medicine

• Immunization
  • Joint Injection
  • Mole Removal
  • Myofascial Release Therapy
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Stitches
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2007
  • Midwestern Univ Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • Conroe Regional Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Conroe Regional Medical Center-Lonestar Family Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Noorda has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Noorda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Noorda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Noorda's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Noorda to family and friends

Dr. Noorda's Performance

Dr. Noorda treats both body & mind as one cohesive system. He goes far beyond the painkiller & Band-Aid approach and gets right down to the root of the problem(s), whether it be due to nutritional deficiencies, allergies, emotional trauma, genetic issues, etc. I have been treated with the utmost...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option3
This guy works out of his house. That is about as unprofessional as you can get . these reveiws are old and do not pertain to his current practices.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option7

We apologize that you haven't been well-informed during our transition over the last month in starting a new medical practice. We are actually providing concierge medical visits in our patient's homes or in an office while we are building out our new practice. While you might (depending on how many kids are around) be quite accurate in rating Dr. Noorda's home a 1 out of 5 for cleanliness, you can rest assured that you will be invited as a friend, not a patient! ;)

Dr. Scott Noorda is the BEST Doctor! If you want to go to a Doctor who truly cares about you and helping you live a healthier life, he’s the one to go to! I have been to many doctors and I always left feeling like they just try to quickly solve the problem (but the problem isn’t really solved) and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Noorda cared for my mother and she was truly sorry he had to relocate. We appreciated his great care and his reluctance to simply throw more pills at a patient as is so often the case these days. He will be missed by his patients in NC, but am sure soon to be appreciated by those in his new...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Noorda is the best Dr. I have ever witnessed. I was having back pain and he took a lot of time to examine and identify where and what the pain was. He was patient, genuinely concerned for my well-being and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Noorda!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option1