Family Medicine  |
Dr. Scott Noorda, DO
Throughout my medical school education, I often had an underlying feeling that something was missing--that there was something more to healthcare than what I was learning in the intense regimen of schooling and training I was caught up in. Those 7 years were a whirlwind of exams and hospital rounds that quickly transitioned into the whirlwind of starting a job. Despite the constant feeling that I didn't have enough time in the day to learn everything I wanted to, I had begun applying some of the principles of functional medicine in my daily living without even knowing it. My wife and I have always enjoyed talking about health issues together. As we started implementing some of the changes that we discussed, we began to see how making nutritional changes could make a big impact on how we felt and our energy levels. As I began practicing medicine I found that trying to include even the very basic nutrition and lifestyle guidelines included in conventional medical training was next to impossible in the standard 10-15 minute appointment, let alone trying to include detailed and personalized direction. I quickly discovered that it takes time spent in step-by-step guidance to implement meaningful changes, as well as the appropriate tools to facilitate success. The more I interacted with patients, the more I began to recognize the limitations of our conventional medicine system. I started to minimize prescription medications for many of my patients--even when the medications fit within the realm of institutional guidelines and recommendations. Personal observation had shown the negative effects of prescription medications in patient after patient, and particularly in combinations of three or more medications. Around this same time, my brother, Dr. Brent Noorda, became interested in Functional Medicine for his own reasons and began inviting me to join him at Functional Medicine conferences. From the very first Functional Medicine conference, which was based on thyroid function, I realized that Functional Medicine was what had I had been missing in my medical education journey. I was finally seeing a true application of the physiology and biochemistry that I learned about in the first two years of medical school. Functional Medicine provided a framework for finding the answer to one of the most common questions my patients were asking: "Why am I sick?" Functional Medicine doctors were not simply accepting at face value recommendations and guidelines that were primarily pharmacology based, but were rather performing a true root cause analysis for each condition they were presented with. For condition after condition that I was studying, body system after body system, and seminar after seminar, I was seeing science-based explanations for diseases that I had always been taught had no known cause--diseases with recommended treatments that are expensive, ineffective, or even harmful. I have found myself falling in love with medicine all over again and feeling a renewed sense of excitement as I learn about and practice a type of medicine where I can offer answers to a patient population that was frequently being misdiagnosed, overmedicated, ineffectively treated, and alienated or even avoided in our conventional medicine system. I love combining my background in Neuroscience, Family Medicine, and Sports Medicine with the wealth of information I've gained from studying Functional Medicine. We have seen wonderful results in reversing chronic disease and autoimmune disease--things I didn't think were possible based on my traditional medical school education. Being able to combine the best of my conventional education with the more up-to-date and high-tech applications in Functional Medicine has proven to be extremely rewarding. I love making difference for people who have been previously been told they just have to live with their health problems for the rest of their lives.

368 E Riverside Dr Ste 8

Saint George, UT 84790

Learn about Dr. Noorda

My goal is to partner with you and empower you to take charge of your own health in the most effective, natural, and sustainable way possible. At Balanced Health Care, we provide the highest standard of care by taking the time to get to know you, your history, and what is going on with your body. We utilize high-tech, cutting-edge testing and an in-depth study of your body's systematic function to address the root causes of disease and dysfunction. We then apply proven holistic healing techniques to target chronic health problems such as autoimmune disease, depression, and diabetes head on.

Dr. Noorda's Experience

Dr. Noorda's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Basilar Migraine
  • Binswanger's Dementia
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Anemia
  • Facioplegic Migraine
  • Familial Forms of Alzheimer's Disease
  • Familial Hemiplegic Migraine
  • Frontotemporal Dementia
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gluten Sensitivity

• Immunization
  • Joint Injection
  • Mole Removal
  • Myofascial Release Therapy
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Stitches
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2007
  • Midwestern Univ Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • Conroe Regional Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Conroe Regional Medical Center-Lonestar Family Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Noorda has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Noorda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Noorda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Noorda's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Noorda to family and friends
Dr. Noorda's Performance
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Noorda cared for my mother and she was truly sorry he had to relocate. We appreciated his great care and his reluctance to simply throw more pills at a patient as is so often the case these days. He will be missed by his patients in NC, but am sure soon to be appreciated by those in his new practice. We wish him well.
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Noorda is the best Dr. I have ever witnessed. I was having back pain and he took a lot of time to examine and identify where and what the pain was. He was patient, genuinely concerned for my well-being and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Noorda!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Noorda has been wonderful. He is kind, knowledgable, professional,and spends all the time needed to examine me and answer all my questions. He has always solved my medical problem. I am so very sorry to see him leave this area. Good luck to him in his next stage of life Thanks to him for all he has meant to the people in this area.
in Cary, NC |
Doctor Noorda is the reason my mother and my mother-in-law are thriving today! Both are in their 90's and both had serious health issues when he met them over a year ago. He provided top notch medical care along with unmatched sincerity, patience, and understanding. He always took his time with each of them, made them feel comfortable with decisions that were made, and communicated with me each time he saw either of them. The moms and I agree, There will never be another Dr. Noorda.
in Holly Springs, NC |
Dr. Noorda was my mom's primary physician. He was always caring, put my mom at ease and took outstanding care of her. He took the time to explain everything and answer all our questions. If we went not able to be there, he would call or send us emails. I would highly recommend him. He's outstanding!
in Morganton, NC |
Dr. Noorda was always very patient, thorough and took his time with my mother. He always talked directly to my mother. He was very good with calling a family member to update us. His replacement does not do all this.
Apex, NC |
Dr. Noorda has treated my mother for a couple of years while she was in assisted living. She's a very difficult patient and hates doctors, but Dr. Noorda's easy-going but still very professional manner earned her confidence and got her to work with him. Additionally, he always followed through and actually listened to our concerns.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Noorda has attended to the needs of both my mother and mother-in-law with calm and such a reassuring demeanor. Regardless of their ailments, both moms looked to him for his guidance. I felt that we were getting terrific care. He also made time to call me personally to give me updates on any situations that were of concern. I would recommend him as a personal physician over and over again.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Noorda has been taking care of my aging mother for about a year now. Dr. Noorda is a caring, dedicated physician. We have nothing but the best to say about this wonderful doctor.
in Raleigh NC |
While working with Doctors Making Housecalls, Dr. Noorda treated my elderly bed ridden mother at her home. He did manipulations of neck and shoulders to help her severe pain as well as gave injections to help ease the pain. He was always professional, very knowledgeable, gentle but thorough and always considerate and aware of my mother's condition.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Noorda has treated my housebound bedridden mother for a year now. Mother has cervical stenosis and severe pain in shoulders and arms. Dr Noorda was able to provide a lot of pain relief with manipulations and muscle massage as well as steroidal injections. He also treated her for common illnesses. Dr Noorda has always very professional, had a wonderful bedside manner, and was excellent at explaining things to mother and myself. He always took time during his visits to answer all our questions
Decatur, GA |
Dr. Scott Noorda is outstanding! His knowledge base, compassion and genuine concern for his patients are exceptional! He is truly gifted!
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Dr. Scott Noorda was our elderly mom's primary physician for 2 years. Our mom suffers from dementia. Dr. Noorda was always very kind & gentle with her and always listened to our concerns regarding her declining health. He provided our mom with excellent medical care!
in Apex, NC |
I have never met a Doctor that showed so much care and concern. He actually worked to find solutions and root causes instead of just seeing 5 minutes and writing petscriptions. You are in good hands with Dr. Noorda!!!
in Apex, NC |
I have known Dr. Noorda for several years and cannot think of a physician I trust more. He is thorough and attentive when it comes to practicing medicine, and he has an incredible bed-side manner. He is quick to respond when medical attention is needed and he has a way of putting you at ease while doing so. Dr. Noorda is great! We're sad he will be leaving NC but wish him all the best in UT. St. George just got real lucky!
Have you seen Dr. Scott Noorda, DO?
Are you Dr. Noorda?