Family Medicine  |
Dr. Scott Michaels, MD
Dr. Scott Michaels, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in St Augustine, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Michaels is affiliated with Flagler Hospital.

St. Augustine

• Golden Rule
  • Medicare
  • Preferred Care Partners

Learn about Dr. Michaels

The words "Family Doctor" mean so much more today than in the past. There have been many advances in the delivery of primary care services and in some cases elsewhere the level of care and compassion has suffered. We strive to deliver not just state of the art quality medical care, but also a level of service that leaves our patients fully satisfied of our commitment to them and their families.

Dr. Michaels' Experience

Dr. Michaels' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Texas Chiropractic College
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. Michaels has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Michaels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Michaels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Michaels' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Michaels to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Michaels' Performance
St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Michaels is great physician! He is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to his patients. He explains everything from start to finish, and includes you in the decision making process. His staff is also very courteous and helpful, they will bend over backwards to help with whatever you need.
in Middleburg, FL |
I generally don't write reviews but after reading a previous review on here I had to put my comments .. I know Dr. Michaels to give excellent patient care and is a very conscientious doctor in his treatment and patient care .. he has an excellent staff and I enjoy seeing his practitioner student also.. I know that he has a very well rounded office and I will continue going there ..
in Middleburg FL |
Dr Michaels and his staff are wonderful!!!! I have never seen a doctor care so much about his patients. When Dr Michaels walks into your room-you are his only patient. He does not rush through the appointment. He is solely focused on you. I appreciate this type of care as most doctors rush you in and out. Thanks for the exceptional care you provide!!!
Saint Augustine, Fl. |
This doctor had my daughter coming several times a week, gave injections, and then when I went with her (I lived elsewhere), he admitted he didn't know what what wrong and recommended we see a different doctor. He could have done that thousands of dollars before. He was also very flippant about it, when he had a healthy 20 year old female who couldn't walk without pain. I've rarely been so disappointed with any medical care to this degree.
The standard of care utilizing physical therapy and limited pharmacological interventions are always followed for care. Sending a patient to a specialist after conservative treatment has been tried is a rationale appropriate approach. It is inappropriate for anyone other then a patient to discuss care.
St Augustine, FL |
I had a recent Emergency Room visit for bad fall. They instructed me to see a primary care doctor after going to the ER. I contacted Dr. Scott Michaels telling him the blood values on a ER urine test were high and I would like these to be checked. The doctor did not further look into this when I was in the office and a couple days later I had two raging infections that occurred because of this neglect. In an elderly person, UTI infections can be fatal.
in St Augustine, FL |
Didn't see Doctor got a PA. Later I looked through the orders for tests he wanted & there was no prescription for the medication I wanted refilled. After several unsuccessful attempts to reach the PA I reached his assistant who said she would leave me a prescription. When I got the prescription it was wrong. She said she couldn't give me what I wanted because it wasn't on the list in her laptop. It took weeks , many calls and never reached the doctor or PA. Poor service from a medical mill.
Your issue was actually rectified. We have taken appropriate actions to safe gaurd patient orders and refills and have in place a fail safe mechanism for prescription refills. Anyone not wanting to see a PA can refuse to see a PA or NP and reschedule to see a physician
in St Augustine, FL |
I had been living with neck and shoulder pain for some time when I decided to see Dr. Michaels. After two sessions in his clinic I can now say I am nearly 100% pain free!!! I spent nearly 30 minutes with him on my initial visit, and he was very thorough in his assessment. I really appreciate his holistic approach to medicine, using both medications and manual manipulation along with muscle stimulation therapy to treat patients. Overall, a great guy and a great practice. Highly recommended!!!
in St Aug Fl |
Was very professional and courteous
Have you seen Dr. Scott Michaels, MD?

Visit Dr. Michaels