Scott Kohner, LCSW

Scott Kohner, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Scott Kohner, LCSW is a psychotherapist in Denver, CO. He specializes in psychotherapy, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read his story

4900 E Cherry Creek South Dr Ste H

Denver, CO 80246

Learn about Scott Kohner

Scott Kohner's bio

This content was provided by Scott Kohner "In retrospect, being a psychotherapist was the obvious choice for me professionally, it just took me a while to see it. In college I chose to study English Literature because I loved reading fiction. Reading fiction was something I enjoyed because I felt it offered truth and insight into the human experience that enriched my life. I approach my work with clients with the same interest and attention as if I was sitting down to read a great novel. The years after college found me attending and then leaving law school after one semester, trying out a handful of different jobs in different industries, and largely feeling like I was struggling to find my place professionally. These experiences softened me and expanded my understanding of myself and the world, which I believe is a strength that I bring to my work as a psychotherapist. In my late 20's I became increasingly frustrated that I hadn't found a career path for myself which led me to seek out a psychotherapist. I found these meetings to be very healing, and as a result of therapy I was able to see my problems in a different way and find more tranquility in my life. As it turned out, while I was in therapy I found myself thinking that this was something I could enjoy doing professionally. Not wanting to jump in to another graduate program that I may or may not like, I volunteered at a suicide prevention hotline an evening a week and took psychology classes at community college during the nights after my day job. I continued to feel a sense of purpose and satisfaction in helping others and learning more about psychology. It was at this point that I decided to become a therapist. When I moved to Arizona to pursue grad school I got hit with some acute OCD symptoms which—upon reflection—had been under the surface for some time. I sought out a new therapist who told me about a very helpful book. Through utilizing the concepts in the book and processing my symptoms with her, I was able to move my life forward without the burden of the dysfunctional OCD behaviors. Not only was this a relief, but it also further validated my desire to become a therapist. Having impactful experiences with two different therapists showed me that effective therapy can come in different forms and that there is overlap between approaches. I believe this understanding makes me a more effective therapist than someone who relies only on one approach."

This content was provided by Scott Kohner "I offer psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families. While I have learned a lot of important things in my education to be a therapist, I believe that who I am as person is what guides me most in my work. I greatly value interacting with others in a way that demonstrates hope, respect, and thoughtfulness. I've helped hundreds of people move beyond problematic patterns in their lives and encourage you to look at some of my online reviews in order to get a better sense of how therapy with me has led to lasting changes for my clients."

• Psychotherapy
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Relationship Counseling

Scott Kohner does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Arizona State University (MSW)
    Other Education | Completed 2012
  • Denver Family Institute (Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy)
    Other Education | Completed 2018

Scott Kohner has no awards or honors listed.

Scott Kohner has no media or publications listed.

Scott Kohner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Scott Kohner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Scott Kohner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Scott Kohner to family and friends

Scott Kohner's Performance

Scott Kohner Says:
"

I very much appreciate the positive reviews and am always looking to improve.

"

My husband and I started working with Scott to help improve the communication in our marriage and learn better resolutions skills in our arguments. With Scotts help we have moved from fairly regular disagreements to having more productive and rational discussions before issues even arise. Scotts...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I highly recommend Scott Kohner! And I am forever grateful for his help.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Scot Kohner is a great man and a great psychotherapist. He genuinely cares for people.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Scott is a bright, caring, insightful therapist. Scott has a range of experience which allows him to work competently and professionally with diverse populations, situations, and issues. Scott's social work background allows for a client-first, non-judgmental, and solution focused approach that...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Scott is thorough and thoughtful in all of his work. A true professional and a pleasure to work with. Would recommend to anyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0