Scott Henrywestwood, MA

Scott Henrywestwood, MA

Substance Abuse Counseling  ·
Scott Henrywestwood, MA is a substance abuse counselor in San Jose, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Stanford University in 1991 and specializes in substance abuse counseling, addiction psychology, and more.Read his story

1190 Park Ave Unit B

San Jose, CA 95126

• Beacon Health Strategies
  • Health Net
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Value Options

Learn about Scott Henrywestwood

Scott Henrywestwood's bio

This content was provided by Scott Henrywestwood "Over the last 51 years of my life, I have gone from an athlete, a college graduate, a loyal friend, a surgical nurse, an executive healthcare administrator, to an alcoholic and addict with serious challenges. Since then, I've sought treatment, changed my life around, went back to school, became a substance abuse counselor, a clinical supervisor, an interventionist, a business owner, and a husband. But, above all I am a recovering alcoholic and addict celebrating long term sobriety, and years of service work -- formal and informal. I'm a substance and process addiction counselor with vast and varied experience helping others to find recovery through a variety of treatment options, challenges, and past failures. I am an interventionist. It's my passion for and belief in the recovery process that led me to help individuals and families get treatment for their addictions and mental health disorders. When a person and/or family realizes they've had enough, then the recovery process can begin. For me, it's been a journey across the treatment landscape, which has changed for the better over the years. I sought education, certification, and clinical work in order to ensure that the breadth of my training would complement the depth of my experience. From working one-to-one with alcoholics or addicts, to leading group sessions in inpatient/residential and outpatient programs, to monitoring someone through detox, from helping those with eating disorders - gambling - sex addiction, dual diagnosis cases to cutters, I've had the privilege of being present for countless miracles as well as the lessons of tragic failure. I enter homes where families are in crisis from alcohol, drug, and/or process addiction. I lead them in a sometimes desperate effort to reclaim a struggling loved-one. They don't know me, but they need me. I want you to get to know me, I want to earn your trust, and I want to help you."

This content was provided by Scott Henrywestwood "Patient centered therapeutic approach.  I strive to utilize coping skills and tools that I have used myself."

• Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Addiction Psychology
  • Eating Disorders
  • Mental Health
  • Sex Therapy

Scott Henrywestwood does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Family Counseling
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Stanford University
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Stanford Hosp & Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Scott Henrywestwood has no awards or honors listed.

Scott Henrywestwood has no media or publications listed.

Scott Henrywestwood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Scott Henrywestwood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Scott Henrywestwood's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Scott Henrywestwood?

How was your experience with Scott Henrywestwood?