0.0 based on 0 reviewsView this provider's reviews
Patient satisfaction ratings and reviews are based on personal opinions. Before you choose any doctor you should take into account their background, training, specialized experience AND their patient satisfaction to ensure they are the right fit for you.
This content was provided by Scot Somes "Scot Somes earned his Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine degree from the Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This three-year program consists of 2850 hours of education including over 1000 hours of clinical internship. He was certified as a Diplomate in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). This includes certification in Clean Needle Technique. Scot's training includes adjunctive therapies such as Chinese herbs, moxibustion, tui na, cupping, auricular therapy, TCM Sports Medicine, TCM dietary and lifestyle recommendations, and Pain Management to name a few. Scot was the Clinic Director at the Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He supervised over 50 interns and 20 supervisors for the clinic and was responsible for OSHA and HIPAA requirements and training. Scot is a member of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado and the American Association of Oriental Medicine. He is a licensed acupuncturist in Colorado. Additionally, Scot earned his Masters in Business Administration from the University of Denver in August, 1998 and his Bachelors of Science in Engineering from the United States Naval Academy in May, 1990. He currently serves as a Captain and Commanding Officer in the US Navy Reserves. Scot loves to play various sports as well. In the summer, you can find him cycling throughout the Front Range and the mountains, swimming and hiking. He loves to ski and play indoor soccer in the winter. This clinic complies with the rules and regulations promulgated by the Colorado Department of Health. Only single-use, disposable, factory-sterilized needles are utilized. Professional Associations: Acupuncture Association of Colorado (AAC) NCCAOM Acupuncturist Without Boarders AAAOM Education: Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine, MSTCM (2006) University of Denver, MBA (Finance) (1998) United States Naval Academy, BS Engineering (1990) "
This content was provided by Scot Somes "Welcome to the Center for Integrated Eastern Medicine!
Meet our Team and discover the best acupuncture clinic in Colorado!
Why We are Unique and the Best
There are several reasons that make your treatments unique at our clinic and separate us from western medical services and other acupuncture clinics:
You receive an individualized treatment plan that addresses your unique health issues rather than a standard or quick fix solution. We do an extensive intake and get to know our patients.
2. Your first visit is 1 to 1.5 hours and follow-up visits are approximately 1 hour.
3. We take the time to explain and educate you on your diagnosis from the Chinese medical perspective.
4. In addition to your acupuncture treatment, you receive free nutritional consultation, herbal consultation, cupping, electrical stimulation, Tui Na, exercise recommendations and lifestyle suggestions as needed.
5. You can contact Scot or Stephanie via email, text or telephone with any questions and he/she will contact you with a timely response to meet your needs.
6. As a patient you will receive monthly to quarterly email with interesting health issues or topics that look at health from the TCM perspective. We blog on our website with health articles for educational purposes as well.
7. If requested, you will receive a patient ledger with your treatments and payments that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
8. You can pay via cash, check or credit cards. We accept insurance. Currently we are in network with United Health Care and Aetna. However, if you insurance accepts acupuncture we can bill them out-of-network. There are treatment packages available as well.
9. All herbs are GMP certified and can be tailored to meet your needs."
Public Health & General Preventive Medicine
Women's Health Medicine
Scot Somes does not have any board certifications listed.
Head and Neck Conditions
Pain Killer Addiction
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Pain Management
Low Back Procedure
0 Malpractice Claims
No malpractice history found for Colorado.
No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
0 Board Actions
No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
United States Naval Academy
Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
Colorado School Of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Medical School | Graduated 2006
University Of Denver
Other Education | Completed 1998
Awards & Recognition
Awards & Honors
Scot Somes has no awards or honors listed.
Media & Publications
Scot Somes has no media or publications listed.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
Scot Somes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Scot Somes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.
These providers are brought to you by and on the medical staff at St. Anthony North Hospital