Sarah Moore, LCSW

Sarah Moore, LCSW

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Sarah Moore, LCSW is a counselor in Chapel Hill, NC. She specializes in counseling, pain management, and more.Read her story

800 Eastowne Dr Ste 202

Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Learn about Sarah Moore

Sarah Moore's bio

This content was provided by Sarah Moore "Through my clients and my personal experience, I know about life not going as planned. After 11 years of study to become a professional clarinetist, health issues made it impossible to continue. When I felt I had lost my identity, I began counseling. I discovered that my values centered around wanting to connect, help others, and be creative. Music has a way of healing, but I now know that doing therapy is the most beautiful music of my life. Most of all, I am honored to help others find their voice and meaning through therapy. I received my Master of Social Work from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2003. My experience includes working at UNC's Counseling and Psychological Services, Duke's High Risk Obstetrics Clinic, and in community mental health agencies. I have been in private practice since 2009, and I truly love my work. My husband and I live in Durham with our two 3-year olds, one by adoption and one by birth. I understand the joys and difficulties of trying to balance it all. Meditating, reading, making up silly songs for the kids, swimming, and visiting the mountains are ways I recharge."

This content was provided by Sarah Moore "People describe me as genuinely caring, gentle, and non-judgmental. One person said that I have a gift for 'digging deep' in counseling but in a nurturing way. Many appreciate my relaxed, empowering approach and soothing office space.

We are all unique, and I like to tailor my approach specifically to you. I want to support you and provide some skills, ways of thinking, and approaches that can help you through this time. Often, when we talk through an issue, it allows us to understand it and make some peace with it. Then we can begin to build a foundation for being 'the best you' possible. This relationship and process can take any amount of time that makes you comfortable. Some people have worked with me for years because they continue to find our counseling sessions helpful. Others want to work on a specific issue, and that can be accomplished in a shorter period. I draw from a strengths based perspective and cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, ACT, and mindfulness."

• Counseling
  • Mental Health
  • Pain Management
  • Psychotherapy
  • Social Work

Sarah Moore does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Depaul University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000

Sarah Moore has no awards or honors listed.

Sarah Moore has no media or publications listed.

Sarah Moore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sarah Moore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sarah Moore's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Sarah Moore?

How was your experience with Sarah Moore?