Sarah Heaverlo, LPC

Sarah Heaverlo
Telehealth services available

Western Psychological & Counseling Services, Gladstone, OR

890 82nd Dr Bldg B Gladstone, OR 97027

Sarah Heaverlo, LPC is a Counselor in Gladstone, OR. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Sarah Heaverlo to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"My approach is intentional, supportive and reflective. I believe as humans, we are inherently seeking wholeness and connection with the world around us and within us. Balancing acceptance with change, compassion an..."

- Sarah Heaverlo, LPC

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Sarah Heaverlo treats your condition or procedure

Sarah Heaverlo's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Grief
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Meditation
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Mindfulness Technique Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Sarah Heaverlo accepts

Sarah Heaverlo accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross and Blue Shield
United Behavioral Health

Sarah Heaverlo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Sarah Heaverlo

Sarah Heaverlo?
  • Listened & answered questions (33)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (33)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
I have been seeing Sarah for the last year, this is my second round of therapy with her. She is a wonderful counselor, she is real and honest and incredibly intelligent. I have referred my friends to her. And I am so grateful I found her. She focuses on mindfulness, meditation and why the brain does what it does. Understanding the brain and then having the tools to retrain the brain has been the best form of treatment for me. I have had life changing results.
May 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah has impacted my life tremendously, I am so thankful to have found her when I did! I came to her when I was in the middle of a separation and pursing a divorce. She helped my process, grieve, and heal from an abusive marriage. With her help I was able to be healthy enough to start dating again. I looked forward to each visit with Sarah, excited to tell her about the new developments in my life. She is a great listener, and would sometimes even remined me of things I had said in a prior session, helping me make connections that I was unaware of on my own. I was always so impressed with her feedback, it was so insightful and helpful! She helped me see things from different angles and helped widen my perspective of my life's journey. I had the best experience possible with Sarah, hands down one of best counselors around!
Emily – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah is very down to earth, straightforward, and honest, She’s not going to sugarcoat things. She’s going to get to the core issue and try to teach you skills to navigate your life. She has helped me tremendously and I have great respect for her. Highly recommended.
Teresa – Mar 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah has been absolutely phenomenal to work with. She has helped me with overcoming drug addiction, grieving the death of my mother and so many other life events. She is smart, funny and uses a perfect amount of lived experience to allow you to feel that she has an understanding of what you are going through. Sarah has become a friend over the few years I have worked with her. She has helped me become a better person, wife, mother, daughter, etc. She provides great feedback and allowed me to think of things in a different light by providing her perspective. In 2020, I took her mindfulness class through Western Psychological and it was so helpful. I think Sarah would be a great provider for anyone, I have loved getting to know her and have been thankful for someone that I can share my life with honestly and safely.
Cait – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah goes above and beyond for her clients. She is so knowledgeable and explains things very well. When my confidence and self esteem was through the floor low (gone), she gave me tools to build it up. I am a different person than I was when I came to her the first time. She taught me invaluable things that I will take and use for the rest of my life. Sarah is so skilled at what she does. When I was first coming to her, I was so depressed, having suicidal ideation. I felt as if I were in a very deep, dark and wet pit. And I felt like she got a ladder, and made her way down to sit with me. She really does walk with you, stand, and sit with you in your trauma. I can't say enough about Sarah. Get an appointment with her, you won't regret it. She's an incredible therapist.
Kristine – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
I have been seeing Sarah during very difficult and different seasons in my life for around 4-5 years. She has helped me learn how to cope and breathe during each storm, each time I come back with a new one. My life really started falling apart over the course of a decade and she worked diligently with me to get to the core of these issues. Sarah gave me excellent tools and homework (the inner work and real lasting change) which helped me tremendously. I'd read so many self help books but couldn't connect them to my life until my regular visits with Sarah. I'm so grateful I ended up in her office, she is a huge reason I'm where I'm at now. She is a wonderful counselor who keeps things real and gives you excellent tools.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
I have been seeing Sarah for over a year and she is absolutely amazing! She’s honest with you, tells you the hard truth when you need it, or compassion and warmth when needed as well. I would recommend her to everyone and have referred many friends to her already. She helped me work through some difficult times and I am so much better because of her! She was/is my saving grace. I’ve since “graduated” and am happy as can be now. 5 star service all the way around!!!
May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
When things got rough Sarah jumped ship. As I have read in her other 1 star reviews she recommended I see other therapists that were all not taking new patients. She told me not to schedule with her for the month as she was busy. When I tried to schedule later in the month like she suggested I was unable because of a Technicality. She set me up so I would be unable to schedule with her anymore. Looks like she has done this more than a few times. She knows how to work the system and is all about “curing” people and getting her 5 star reviews. It’s all about the numbers for her. After seeing her for a few months and my Situation not improving she quit on me.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah hung me out to dry after she tried to force me into seeing someone else. 3 years later I still can't find another therapist in my area. She accuse me of lying to her when I told her the places she referred me to were all full and weren't accepting new patients. She Used a loophole in order to keep me out of therapy with her.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah is beyond the best. She is personable, warm, and knowledable. She is easy to talk to about all things. She has helped me grow and find solutions to solving problems. I can't say enough positive things about Sarah. I reccommend her to everyone.
Karen in OR – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah is the most personable, down-to-earth, REAL therapist/ counselor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. She is truly a gem! She is incredibly well-versed in different mindfulness modalities and exercises, while being simultaneously scientifically-based. It is very apparent that she is an avid academic and is always introducing new concepts and ideas into her practice. I've seen many therapists in my lifetime and Sarah is by far the best. Her practice doesn't feel 'uptight', 'stuffy' or 'intimidating'... it really just feels like you're talking with a good friend. She is so relatable and isn't afraid to bring examples from her own life, which lessens the weirdly clinical feeling of a 'patient-therapist' relationship. There are not enough words to express my gratitude toward Sarah and I would undoubtedly recommend her to anyone!
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
I have and will continue to refer friends to Sarah Heaverlo. She helped me through one of the toughest periods of my life and beyond. I believe I will return any time life gets a bit much for me to handle. She gave me the tools and helped me find the courage within myself to tackle some of my biggest obstacles. I will be forever grateful.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah Heaverlo is an excellent councelor who exceeded my expectations and helped me grow in all areas of my life.
Corie Hammock in Oregon City – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah is an exceptional counselor! This was my first time in counseling and I was skeptical prior to going. After my first session with Sarah, I knew this is what I needed. Sarah is very knowledgable in her field, easy to talk to, caring, honest, communicates in a non-judgmental and intentional manner, and made me feel comfortable. She also introduced me to mindfulness. I am blessed to have had this experience with her and to have grown and receive invaluable tools to carry me throughout life.
BB in Oregon City, OR – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
She really knows how to explain things in ways I can understand. She paints a picture with words so that you can really relate to what she's trying to get across.
Milwaukie – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah is easy to talk to, kind, very knowledgeable, intuitive and well read in her field. She helped me immensely with issues of anxiety, depression, codependency, shame and grief. I have already recommended her to a family member.
KB in Milwaukie, OR – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah abandon me and stop believing in me at my darkest hour. I am lucky to be alive.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
myfault – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah has been a major help, in both regular counseling and one of her mindfulness courses. I've made progress on several fronts while working with her, and her non-judgemental, open, and honest approach have been invaluable to me. Can't recommend her enough!
Milwaukie – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Wonderful counselor help me with numerous issues take a look at her core philosophy her to a T
Q in Portland OR – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?
Sarah uses and teaches mindfullness meditation practices that have helped me to be more present and grateful in my life. She is highly trained and she teaches you how to use formal and informal mindfullness to enhance your life. I would highly recommend Sarah's classes to anyone who would like to improve their lives.
WEST LINN – Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Heaverlo, LPC?

How was your experience with Sarah Heaverlo?

My approach is intentional, supportive and reflective. I believe as humans, we are inherently seeking wholeness and connection with the world around us...Read more

I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor in the State of Oregon. I have earned a Master of Arts in Marriage...Read more

• Counseling