Sarah Getoff, LMHC

Couples CounselingFemaleAge 52

Sarah Getoff
37 Orchard St Northampton, MA 01060

Sarah Getoff, LMHC is a Couples Counselor in Northampton, MA. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Sarah Getoff to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Couples Counselors in your area

Review Highlight

"i was lucky enough to attend a workshop where Sarah Getoff was presenting. Her approach to EFT is remarkable, and was very helpful to me personally. ..."

See more reviews

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Sarah Getoff treats your condition or procedure

Sarah Getoff's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
  • End-of-Life Issues
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Sarah Getoff accepts

Sarah Getoff accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Sarah Getoff's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Sarah Getoff

Sarah Getoff?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (16)
    I highly recommend working with Sarah. If other therapists/methods haven’t worked for you try EFT with Sarah - it will change your life! It has truly been a life changing and opening experience for me in more ways than I could have ever imagined.
    May 07, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah has helped me get through a personal crisis, helped deal with my anger and frustration, and helped me be a better father.
    Jan 10, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah is a skilled listener and gifted therapist. When I make comments during a tapping session, her responses are always fruitful. I also enjoyed her class - sharing with other people, gaining knowledge, keeping me practicing at home. And of course her recorded protocol is useful (even if not as insightful as she is in person).
    Jan 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    I have been listening to your tapping recording as often as possible and releasing whatever is coming up strongly in the moment before I start. I am so grateful for the gift of this recording. It feels so empowering to be able to release stuck emotions on my own! I also really love the affirmation/intention setting section at the end, allowing me to integrate positive feelings and focus on healing.
    Dec 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    I have learned so much from Sarah! I am tapping a lot right now, trying to work through my relationship stories that have been plaguing me for many, many years. I would say what felt like was a 10 when I started (where my limiting belief was nothing but true) is now probably at that 4-5 level. I’m amazed at how this is working and so relieved that I don’t need to “talk” or “think” about it anymore. It’s just tapping and releasing.
    Oct 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah has been incredibly helpful to me in my parenting and partnering -- and her approaches have also helped so many other aspects of my life. I've moved from working with Sarah as a therapist to working with her more as an EFT 'coach' while practicing EFT independently using her short guided recording (purchased on her website). I'm finding EFT is a key complement to other very valuable self-work I'm doing -- the other work is helping me identify areas to work on, and ways to hold it, and the EFT is transforming the speed of change. My communication with my partner has radically improved, largely due to internal shifts for me enabling me to actually reset into the new communication patterns that I promised myself I would do. That's just one area. I'm rather amazed at the gentleness of it -- things that used to seem insurmountable just ceasing to be issues -- so gentle that sometimes I don't think it's happening until I pause to reflect. I highly recommend working with Sarah!
    Sep 19, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    In our car ride home after her first session, my daughter gave wonderful feedback. She said she thought she was well equipped to face spiders and didn’t believe she needed additional session(s). Later that week, at a family gathering, she confidently announced she was “no longer afraid of spiders.” It has been empowering for her to start college with this phobia behind her!
    Sep 10, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah is a highly competent, reliable, compassionate and trustworthy provider. She is honest and forthright in her therapeutic approach, which allows for more time to work through issues and heal. She has been a tremendous support in helping me navigate multiple, concurrent issues during a difficult time in my life. I am so grateful that I found Sarah and EFT! Working with her has been life changing.
    CL – Aug 22, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah is so amazing, she not only has the educational background but more importantly she has practical parenting experience . Her advice and wisdom make her a true gem. I am grateful for the group I attended and will be attending again.
    Melissa in AK, MA – Nov 29, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah can get to the core of your obstacles, issues, and blocks. Her use of EFT has really stopped me from triggering like I was. The work I did with her was so profound that I just had a major breakthrough in what I want to do in my life.
    ME, MA – Nov 29, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    I participated in Sarah's Getting Unstuck group, which used the Emotional Freedom Technique to release emotional blocks in a group setting. Sarah handled the group setting brilliantly, always kind, gentle and wise. We could share what we were working on or not, depending on our individual preferences. It was so transformative! I feel a significant difference in my daily mood and my general outlook on life. I wholeheartedly recommend her work!
    Stacy in Westfield, MA – Nov 26, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah is a warm and welcoming counselor but will also say it like it is and hold you accountable. Her use of EFT quickly helped my husband and I deescalate our frustrations with each other and allowed us to face our problems in a calm, respectable manner. Sarah is always extremely encouraging as well and we feel fortunate to have found her!
    Oct 15, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    I have worked with several therapists in the past and the technique that Sarah uses is so much more profound and effective than anything I have every experienced. With Sarah's methods you process your emotions in the same emotional language that you feel them instead of trying to rationalize your feelings. Lets say your mind is a flooded basement. Normal therapy is trying to boil the water away one pot at a time. With Sarah's technique its like using a water pump. It just works so much better.
    FindingCalm in MA – Aug 28, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    i was lucky enough to attend a workshop where Sarah Getoff was presenting. Her approach to EFT is remarkable, and was very helpful to me personally. She is calm, knowledgable and employs a multi-faceted approach to the therapy experience which resonated with me.. I would recommend her very highly.
    Jan 13, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    So grateful to have had the pleasure of working with Sarah at Trinity School for Mystical Energy Healing for an EFT workshop! Sarah has a wonderful energy that is gentle, loving and warm; creating a welcoming environment for healing. I had previously never worked with EFT and found was pleasantly surprised to get so much out of it as a way of emotionally releasing! I would like to use this method at my own at home- I am grateful it is something you can do even watching TV. Thank you Sarah!
    Dec 24, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    I can't say enough about working with Sarah Getoff - she is so wonderful. She not only has helped me reframe and cope with anxiety, but has enabled friends of mine to feel calmer, happier and to live a more joyful life. She's extremely experiences, empathetic and has concrete solutions to problems. She's a very gifted practitioner.
    Kate in Easthampton, MA – Dec 20, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Wow! EFT is an amazing tool and no one applies it better than Sarah! She is an incredibly skilled couples councellor, parenting consultant and life changer for all kinds of folks. She can definitely help you get out if your own way!
    Lynn Curry in Florence, MA – Dec 18, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    Sarah and I have worked every other week on my self-growth for a year or two now. I was excited to work with Sarah and her unique style of counseling to decrease my insecurities about parenting. Releasing emotions with Sarah has helped me tremendously! It's freeing and calming. I highly recommend her to help with anxiety, depression, anger, and many other issues, because those are what I successfully released. Her support and confidence has brought me further than I expected.
    Easthampton – Dec 14, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    My experience has been life altering and calming for my mind, body and soul. Sarah's work is absolutely transformative. She is patient and kind and has a listening ear that, in my opinion, can not be rivaled. She has helped to ground me with her EFT technique and I have had an incredibly positive change in my perspective on myself. Having a bright change in my perspective of me has helped me see the world with kindness and understanding instead of suspicion and frustration.
    Christina Chapin in Greenfield, MA – Dec 06, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?
    A practitioner who makes our work together both actionable and measurable. Time spent in session very well managed because she is an excellent listener and asks the right questions to get to the root of issues. Keeps me focused and guides me toward restructuring patterns that cause suffering. Love that she uses EFT in her practice - a very effective method for me. Her voice is soothing and her insight concise and accurate. I leave her office feeling both lighter and more empowered.
    Anna Brunelle in Northampton, MA – May 30, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Sarah Getoff, LMHC?

How was your experience with Sarah Getoff?

I became a psychotherapist for the same reason that I became a gardener; i am inspired by every beings inherent desire to grow.  I believe that all...Read more

After devoting the last 20 years helping people of all ages to improve their lives and their relationships, Sarah still loves going to work each day....Read more

• Couples Counseling