Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD

Clinical PsychologyFemaleAge 64

Clinical Psychology

Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Chapel Hill, NC. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD

Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health Psychology

120 Providence Rd # 7A Chapel Hill, NC 27514 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"My approach to therapy is direct and to the point.  I like to assess the problem and get the job done, which is why I typically get results in 6 to 8 sessions.  Sometimes, the problem people come in with is..."

- Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check if Dr. Rosenquist treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Rosenquist's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Infertility
  • Sexual Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexual Pain Disorders

Dr. Rosenquist accepts

Dr. Rosenquist accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Rosenquist's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rosenquist

4.1

Dr. Rosenquist

Great as usual. Very helpful tips and resources to help me move forward.
Michael Mann – Oct 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I met with Dr. Rosenquist during a rough time in my marriage. Her response was to scoff and say "And you're a marriage and family therapist?" I could not believe she said that. I have never before felt so judged by a therapist. There were other comments made that made me feel like because of the work I do I was supposed to be perfect at relationships and not need therapy. I only saw her the one time. I didn't get the sense that she cared or was really interested in what I was feeling except to be condescending and judgmental. I would not recommend her, especially not if you are feeling vulnerable.
Jul 16, 2021
I am sincerely sorry that you didn't feel...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I didn't feel like she was professional or really cared. It's hard enough to seek couples sex therapy and then to feel dismissed or not heard is harsh. She didn't take my insurance and her prices are really high. I can't recommend her.
Apr 20, 2021
I wish you had told me directly. I can't make it...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Dr. Sara listened and provided recommendations without being forceful - also helped me process my anxiety around being a first-time new mom and moving through the next stage of my child's development.
B.L – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Being the first clinician I have spoken with in my adult life, I didn’t know what to expect. I have had two good chats with Dr Rosenquist and she has listened and responded professionally. She has suggested relative literature and pointed me in the right direction. I want to be Happy and healthy and I consider mental health a huge part of that equation.
E.R – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I would have given zero stars if I could have. I have worked with numerous therapists over the years and Dr. Rosenquist is by far the worst one I’ve ever seen. She was extremely unprofessional, did not listen well, jumped to conclusions and judgments, and responded very poorly and unprofessionally when I attempted to give her constructive feedback. Check out her reviews on y e l p to see some other similar opinions of her. I wish I’d seen those before going to 2 appointments with her. Seeing the positive reviews here, I can only figure that she is extremely inconsistent in her therapy and you’re playing Russian roulette if you choose to see her. I would never recommend her to anyone. I would strongly advise any individual or couple to go elsewhere.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Jun 15, 2020
Not everyone is a good fit, that's true. If you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
An insightful and fun visit, gave me a lot to consider afterwards.
J.H – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Dr. Sara can be a good therapist – she helped me deal with my anxiety but at the same time she can be judgmental, unprofessional and not a great listener. When I would discuss with Sara my wife, whose political views differ from Sara’s, Sara would often make inappropriate, uncalled for political statements that were mean and disrespectful. Sara would also often put people in buckets before hearing the whole story. When I switched jobs and my insurance changed, Sara notified me via email that she’s no longer covered, I told her that I couldn’t afford the full-price, instead of saying something nice or suggesting I call my insurance, Sara didn’t even respond, went ahead and cancelled all future appoints (no thank you, nothing. This is pretty harsh from someone who knows a lot of intimate information about you). Needless to say, I am never going back to her.
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Dr. Sara was the perfect blend of listening and directing today in our couples therapy session. We felt coming out that we made real progress in our relationship through the session, not because we received knowledge to digest, but because we were guided into better knowledge of each other. So very pleased with our session!
Stephen Woosley – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Initial session was very enlightening. Dr. Sara made it possible to talk about things I did not think I could say out loud and offered valuable insights.
Ronnie Shelton – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
The best praise I can express is for the experience of being truly seen and validated by a mature and experienced practitioner who has exceptionally keen insights, holds no punches, and adds whip smart humor into the mix.
Celia Johnson – Nov 29, 2019
Dr Sarah is great.
Pascal Molinard – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I enjoyed the conversation and I think it will be a good step toward getting to know more about my thoughts and feelings.
Brian Cain – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I went in seeking help and left her office feeling betrayed and emotionally defeated. She asked me to talk about my partner and I began to describe a little about him. She decides to diagnose him with depression although never meeting or speaking with him. She made untrue assumptions about him and ended the session saying I shouldn't get married, it wasn't going to work. As I left she gave me this pitying look saying she knew I wouldn't take her advice. She also managed to make me feel crappy about getting my partner to go to the gym with me, something I am excited about. She said 'I can't think of anything worse than going to the gym and getting sweaty.' She put me down, dismissed me and made assumptions about someone she has never met. All after one session. And I wasn't even seeing her about any relationship issues! Taking the step to seek help was not easy for me so to be treated in this way felt like a huge betrayal in trust. Not to mention extremely unprofessional.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Aug 18, 2019
Great experience!
S.G – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Dr. Sara has helped my husband and I identify the source of our conflicts at a deep level. This has helped greatly with understanding, and she has guided us gently in the last six months of treatment.
Andrea johansen – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
If you're ready to make changes and need someone who can help you clearly identify and troubleshoot your unhealthy patterns of thinking, you won't regret going to see Dr. Sara. She is highly experienced and brilliantly insightful. She cares enough to be direct with you, even if that might be upsetting at first. I appreciate that approach because it's helped me make real progress. If you'd rather work with a therapist who will coddle you and stroke your ego, I'd recommend finding someone else.
Chapel Hill, NC – Aug 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
Really enjoy my time with Dr. Sara. She is easy to talk to and gives great insight/advice. Tells me what I need to hear not want to hear. She knows her craft and I love that she takes a Christian approach. She has helped me, my wife and our marriage tremendously. I highly recommend her.
Cary, NC – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?
I've been in therapy for 22 years without too much success. While interviewing this year for a new therapist, Dr. Sarah Rosenquist and her book, "After the Stork" was mentioned as a therapist that might fit my needs. In just one month I have moved forward and I see progress. Working with her one on one is life changing and I cannot express enough my gratitude towards working with her.
RB in Cary, NC – Oct 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sara Rosenquist, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rosenquist?