Sara Makin, LPC

Counseling ·  Female

Sara Makin

Sara Makin, LPC is a counselor in Pittsburgh, PA. She specializes in counseling, addiction and substance abuse counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Sara Makin accepts

Sara Makin accepts the following insurance:

Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Optum
Behavioral Health
UPMC
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Sara Makin treats your condition or procedure

Sara Makin's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Comorbid Psychiatric Disorders
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Grief
  • Individual Therapy
  • Mental Status Examination
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing

Sara Makin?
Sara Makin's Performance
What People Say About Sara Makin, LPC
RecentMost Helpful
I see Sara for the medical marijuana assisted trauma treatment and it has been exceptional. The combination of the medical marijuana with her therapy has helped me more than anything else I tried.
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
Counseling changed my life in such a positive way. I've been seeing Sara for the past month and my depression has already gotten better. I like being able to message her outside of session and how fast she responds. I appreciate how different of a style she has compared to other therapists and places I've been to... she is so supportive, caring, professional and funny at the right times. Now that my depression is improving, I noticed that my business and relationship with my fiance are too !
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
Sara is very kind, caring, and professional. She makes you feel very welcome at all times. I highly recommend services from Makin Wellness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
Sara has a heart of gold and her sessions were so much more helpful than any therapistI have ever seen! I 100% recommend going to see her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
I think Sara Makin has helped me a lot since I've been seeing her. She always takes the time to reach out to me . Has a lot of techniques for dealing with stress and anxiety or depression and has shared a lot of helpful advice so far. She doesn't feel like a doctor or too professional but more personal and easy going. Video counseling has been very positive with her too... I would recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
I came to Sara for couples therapy but ended up seeing her long term for individual therapy. Finding a good therapist is hard and I had never found one I really felt comfortable around before her. Sara was happy to work with me to find a style that was effective. When I needed support that's what I got. When I needed to be pushed, she was there for that too. I would strongly recommend her to anyone who is looking to improve their life and happiness overall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
Counseling with Sara has been so great. She is so positive and really understands both my addiction and anxiety.
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
I've been seeing Sara for a few months and the progress i've been able to make is practically a miracle. I used to be so anxious that I would call off work and had low productivity. I was close to getting fired when a friend told me about Makin Wellness . I started anxiety treatment and I've been able to manage my stress and not get so worked up anymore. I'm feeling a thousand times better and just wish that I didn't wait so long to get help!
Hello Vic! I appreciate you taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?
Sara is by far the best therapist I’ve ever gone to ! She is so caring , attentive and helpful. Before I saw Sara, is was extremely depressed and was drinking excessively . After starting my sessions with her , I started to become less sad, more happy and eventually became sober . Seeing her was the best thing that’s ever happened to me and my family and I cannot thank her & Makin Wellness enough !
Hello Shannon! Thank you so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Sara Makin, LPC?

How was your experience with Sara Makin?

Makin Wellness