Sara Bowes, MSOM

Sara Bowes, MSOM

Acupuncture  ·
Female  ·
Sara Bowes, MSOM is an acupuncturist in Portland, OR and has been practicing for 6 years. She graduated from National College Of Natural Medicine, Portland in 2012 and specializes in acupuncture, chinese herbal medicine, and more.Read her story

2505 SE 11th Ave Ste 218

Portland, OR 97202

• Moda Health
  • PacificSource
  • Providence Health Plans

Learn about Sara Bowes

Sara Bowes' bio

This content was provided by Sara Bowes "Hi. I'm Sara Bowes. I stumbled into Chinese medicine by pursuing a burning question of mine about the correct way to feed our bodies. A decade ago, I enrolled in a small school in the mountains of Northern California for a summer intensive course on whole foods nutrition. It was here that I was introduced to the holistic way of thinking about the world and the body that defines Chinese medicine. I was struck with wonder and aliveness in myself as I began to explore this new paradigm that would begin to define my life's work. I pursued a masters education through the school of Classical Chinese Medicine at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR, where a commitment to upholding the integrity of the classical roots of Chinese medicine pervades. Here, I set foot onto my own healing journey, connected with a handful of mentors who marked me with inspiration, and began to hone in on what I believe to constitute health. When I am not seeing patients and maintaining my practice, I am likely attempting to satisfying a never-ending curiosity about the way the body and the mind really work. In addition to ongoing study of Chinese and holistic medicine, I am currently pursuing professional development through Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches (M.E.T.A.) in Portland in somatic and experiential therapy, applied mindfulness, and interpersonal neurobiology. I thrive in vast open landscapes, rich human relationships, and opportunities to utilize my human body, preferably to music."

This content was provided by Sara Bowes "I understand what it's like to feel stuck about your health. Sometimes we find ourselves feeling less vital than we know we should or could. Chronic pain, recurrent nagging infection, unexplainable fatigue, digestive discomfort, and low-grade anxiety and depression are discouraging enough. To make matters worse, many of us seek help only to encounter unsatisfying answers to the question of why we feel the way we do, or solutions that merely suppress symptoms, seem invasive, or come with side effects that may not feel worth it.

I find that much of the suffering we endure in our modern day is unnecessary and often avoidable. Classical medicine and a holistic view of the body offers a sophisticated means of making sense of every part, every little symptom, in the context of a dynamic whole. This makes for satisfying answers to the question of why you feel the way you do, and simple, safe, highly effective treatment that is lasting because it is addressing the root issue.  "

• Acupuncture
  • Chinese Herbal Medicine
  • Nutrition Consulting

Sara Bowes does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acupuncture
  • Myofascial Release Therapy
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Nutritional Supplementation
  • Trigger Point Acupuncture

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University Of Washington
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • National College Of Natural Medicine, Portland
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • Heartwood Institute
    Other Education | Completed
  • Mindful Experiential Therapy Approaches (M.E.T.A.)
    Other Education | Completed 2017

Sara Bowes has no awards or honors listed.

Sara Bowes has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Sara Bowes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Sara Bowes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Sara Bowes' Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Sara Bowes?

How was your experience with Sara Bowes?