Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 72

Dr. Schwartz

Sanford A Schwartz, PhD

17502 73rd Ave Flushing, NY 11366

Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Flushing, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schwartz to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"My approach is one that helps the patient to be open, honest, and courageous to share his feelings about himself/herself and to explore how best to not overreact or become defensive in difficult situations.  To..."

- Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Schwartz treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Schwartz's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Divorce
  • Job Stress

Dr. Schwartz accepts

Dr. Schwartz accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schwartz

4.1

Dr. Schwartz

Dr. Schwartz is an ultimately considerate, vastly experienced, and knowledgeable counselor who has helped me, over a substantial period of time, deal with many personal and family issues. I would highly recommend him if you would like help in gaining insight and reducing stress in your life.
Aug 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
I have been working with DR Schwartz for years.He saved my marriage & taught me a lot about myself. I give him credit for my peace of mind and becoming a better person. He is an honorable man, a good friend & a brilliant psychologist. Thank u , Sandy for being u
Ashraf – Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
It was a bad experience I was not able to see him during this crisis and he questioned me why? He said he does things his way and sees patients once per week. I figured he is money greedy and I asked him for exceptions . He can not treat all patients the same. I found him very UNETHICAL since he had no passion towards me and I was paying cash. He wanted to be paid weekly. Very sad most psychs are like these days,.. very sad. He talked about money and appointment for 20 minutes. Waste of my time It is the truth and this old man is so greedy and very unhelpful
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Noah Silverman – May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
A warm, caring, charismatic professional. Great results and I have referred several people and they are all very happy.
EliNYC – Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
Dr Sandy doesn’t believe in bringing in the “spouse to soon “ well it’s a year and half later and we are getting divorced ! I guess is still too soon ?? So good luck if your looking to save marriage !
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
Excellent. My previous provider retired. Getting used to him was easy. My other provider talked to me about taking off some weight. He did not mention it. If I describe something with swearing lanuage he never tells me I should tone it down. I refered someone to him and she is happy.
alyce leibowitz in Forest Hills, NY – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?
My experience with Dr. Schwartz was nothing less than marvelous. He is not only a professional but he cares about your problems. He is not only running a business; he is running a clinic where the sick of heart can come in and talk about their issues and find answers. I can say for a fact that my marriage was about to end but thanks to Dr. Schwartz I have gather the tools to keep my marriage afloat. You can see why he has become such a successful Doctor.
Suarez in Jackson Heights, NY – Dec 14, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanford Schwartz, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schwartz?

My approach is one that helps the patient to be open, honest, and courageous to share his feelings about himself/herself and to explore how best to not...Read more

Dr. Schwartz is a graduate of Fordham University, obtaining the PhD degree in May of 1980.  He is perceptive, connects with his patients, and forms...Read more

• Clinical Psychology