Dr. Sanford Cassel, PHD

Dr. Sanford Cassel, PHD

Counseling  |
Male
Dr. Sanford Cassel, PHD is a counseling provider who practices in Charleston, SC. Read his story

68 Line St

Charleston, SC 29403

Learn about Dr. Cassel

Dr. Cassel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cassel " I am committed to helping children, adolescents and adults clarify, and remove impediments to realizing, their dreams and desires. My goal is to help you feel heard and respected. I work with you to develop your unique, effective voice. We work together to agree upon, and implement, techniques aimed at achieving your goals. When necessary, we also create, and practice, concrete strategies to advocate for your own interests, within the context of family, relationship and/or work conflict. A unique aspect of my practice is co-parent coaching. This is centered on helping parents, whether married, living together, separated, or divorced, minimize the unnecessary emotional wear and tear that bogs down the business of co-parenting. I help couples negotiate in good faith, and achieve agreements that are mutually acceptable, without extended conflict. As a therapist, and as a coach, I have the privilege of working with people who are genuinely committed to making their lives better."

This content was provided by Dr. Cassel "My goal is to create a safe, comfortable space for you to grow.  Whether you are taking on issues from the past, or challenges in the present, we will work together to craft, and implement, strategies that are customized for your unique needs."

• Counseling
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Couples Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Cassel does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook
  • Collaborative Divorce Training-Phoenix Training Group
    Other Education | Completed 2007
  • Cpti-Collaborative Practice Training Group-Currently an Active Trainer
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Cassel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cassel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cassel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cassel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cassel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cassel to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Cassel's Performance
    POOR
in Midlothian, VA |
HORRIBLE!!! Cassel is your worst nightmare. He falsified my signature on his contract for services I did not want so he could collect more money. He refused to provide counseling or use my insurance. Please be warned.
I've met with Sandy fairly regularly for the last year and a half while working on family, career and relocation issues. I would say that the two things I have most appreciated are his ability to balance when to patiently listen and when to challenge me if he thought I was just coasting. I always felt that he was on my side. Sandy has helped me do the stuff I needed to 'own my life' and actually set and achieve some worthwhile goals. Things are definitely better. Unhesitatingly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Sanford Cassel, PHD?
Are you Dr. Cassel?