Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R

PsychotherapyFemale

Psychotherapy

Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R is a Psychotherapist in New York, NY. Her office accepts new patients.

Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R

Sandra Lugo Mental Health Services

412 6 Ave # 404 New York, NY 10011 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"Psychological services has helped many understand and work through the emotional roadblocks that are causing struggle and get in the way of leading a full and rewarding life. Psychological sessions can improve social, re..."

- Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Sandra Lugo treats your condition or procedure

Sandra Lugo's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

Sandra Lugo accepts

Sandra Lugo accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Sandra Lugo

13.72549019607843%
4.901960784313726%

Sandra Lugo

I started seeing Dr. Lugo a few months back. She has been very helpful in managing my anxiety, serving as a point of calmness in my life, and giving me referrals to psychiatrists as an additional outlet for help. In terms of what the sessions look like, they are mainly guided by you and within that, she may prompt you or ask questions to elaborate or reference books/movies to parallel what you may be feeling/ways to manage what you are going through. The only thing I dislike about my time thus far is that sometimes we end sessions early, however, that is less frequent now and could have been due to me not being able to open up fully as much in the beginning. Overall, would recommend her!
Apr 21, 2022
Sandra Lugo
Sandra has been very helpful and compassionate providing me with a new perspective in my current situation. She makes sure to find the root of the issues you're dealing with to help provide the tools you need to work on yourself. Grateful for her guidance and straightforward approach.
HR – Feb 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
She has been so integral to a tough time in my life providing with new perspectives and honest truths to help me tackle the deep reforms I want to make. I cannot thank her enough for being such a wonderful thought partner.
Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I've seen Dr. Lugo for just over a year now and she's changed my life. My anxiety is much more under control, I have far fewer spirals, and when I start to feel a certain way I hear her words guiding me back to a better place. Dr Lugo is very straightforward (which I appreciate) and asks key questions to help you make realizations about yourself. She also makes relevant book recommendations.. and though I've never felt even remotely pressured to read them, I've explored a couple of her suggested titles and found them particularly insightful and interesting. Again, Dr Lugo changed my life.. and my wife appreciates her too! :)
Dec 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I truly appreciate Dr. Lugo's straightforward approach. Her calm, sensible demeanor helps set the mood in all our sessions. She gets right to the point but also gives you the space to come to realizations about yourself as she helps guide you. I can honestly say going to her for the past few months has improved my life, both professionally and personally. She also gives wonderful recommendations for books and videos that I've found extremely helpful in my life. I highly recommend going to her.
Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Dr. Lugo is an extremely responsive therapist that does a great job listening to her clients. Additionally, she is knowledgeable about various modalities of therapy and individualizes her treatment so clients can make meaningful progress.
Oct 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Sandra is very helpful and compassionate. She makes sure to find the root of the issues you're dealing with to help provide the tools you need to work on yourself.
Oct 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I recently started seeing Sandra regularly with help in understanding and so controlling my anger. In just a few sessions, I noticed a heightened self awareness and hence, a marked difference in the scale and frequency of my reactions. We have started delving into other aspects of my life and behavior as well and I truly find the sessions illuminating. I wholeheartedly recommend Sandra as a therapist/coach.
Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Dr. Lugo is very smart, She is able to communicate with me in a way so that I understand exactly what the point is without feeling offended. My wife and I were not even speaking to each other a few months ago. Now we are happy again. If your looking for couples therapy, Dr Lugo will help you figure it out.
Confused and Alone with the Dog – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Dr. Lugo has been very helpful with numerous things that I have been struggling with for many years. She has helped me see issues more clearly, helped me work through them, and has done it all in a way that never made me feel insecure or judged. While I don't usually look forward to speaking with a mental health professional, I always seem to feel better after a conversation with her. All in all I can't thank her enough.
Anonymous – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I recommend Dr Lugo because her guidance and support during this process has been professional and friendly. His ability to listen is extraordinary and he always tries to make you look inside yourself, he encourages you to positive changes.
Dec 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Solid problem solver. Dr. Lugo is caring problem solver. I've been working with her for a few months, and after we got used to each other she was great. She gives you alot to think about and pushes you to work through your stressors in a productive way.
Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I found her to be a bit cold at times and dismissive of my problems. As I had depression and anxiety I stayed with her. But from the beginning what bothered me was how abruptly the sessions ended and how she asked me to pay right after we were talking about something serious (for me at least). I understand that it’s something that has to be done but I did not appreciate how the payment aspect was handled. She did not work for me as a therapist personally, and immediately noticed a difference when I changed my therapist.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Dr. Lugo is very direct while also very kind. I very much like working with her.
Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I have been working with Sandra for about 3 months. The past 3 months have been the most transformative months for me this year and probably my adult life. I have been learning more about my thought patterns and behavior. She has been very good at giving practical tips/techniques to help me adjust me mindset and behavior. I strongly believe that by continuing to working with her I will be able to have a very wholesome life that I am proud of.
Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
We didn't really fit. Her approach didn't feel tailored to my situation. She didn't always pay attention during sessions. She also seemed more concerned with money than other therapists. I understand the need to get paid, but her emphasis on this was offputting as I had given no signs of being unreliable.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I recently started working with Sandra and feel like I have already made progress. She is very easy to talk to, trustworthy and flexible with scheduling. I have found her suggested readings/videos/podcasts outside our session extremely insightful and thought provoking, making our weekly sessions more productive. She clearly takes time to cater to each person's unique situation.
Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I've been seeing Dr. Lugo for 5 years with a break in between due to personal obligations. The periods in my life when I was seeing her has always led to a positive direction, thanks to her guidance through our therapy sessions. My life is in a better place mentally because of Dr. Lugo and extremely grateful to have her as my therapist!
Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
I first sought out Dr. Lugo in my twenties dealing with some anxiety. I’m back again after moving away for some time because while I’ve tried other therapists, Dr. Lugo is the best. There is definitely a professionalism, courtesy & consistency but also warm, compassionate and provides an overall feeling of caring. She is knowledgeable and culturally competent. After my sessions with Dr. Lugo I always face the week with tools to help me get through! Not only is she the best therapist I’ve worked with but also has a style I’d hope to emulate in my own career.
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?
Came to therapy looking for tools on how to cope with issues. Dr. Lugo doles out pat advice that doesn't relate to me and my problems at all. I told her about feeling depressed, she told me that all I needed was to focus on the positives and look at the bright side. 10 cent advice for $150 a session!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Sandra Lugo, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with Sandra Lugo?