Dr. Samer Touma, PHD

CounselingMale

Counseling

Dr. Samer Touma, PHD is a Counselor in Columbia, SC. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Samer Touma, PHD

Associates in Behavioral Health

1523 Richland St Columbia, SC 29201

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Touma treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Touma accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Touma has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(803) 256-1737Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Touma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Touma

4.5

Dr. Touma

Dr. Touma is wonderful! From our initial appointment he established rapport and continues to foster a positive relationship. He is a very compassionate, trustworthy, wise man. Dr. Touma is easy to talk to and he does more than just listen - he digs to the root of issues, validates feelings, empathizes, and offers immediate solutions. There is no doubt that he genuinely cares about his clients. We look forward to our appointments and highly recommend Dr. Touma!
Jan 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Reluctant to put my child through one more change, I was very hesitant to go. But I should have know better, for Devine intervention has always led me to where I needed to be. And it most certainly did in this case. Dr. Touma has restored a peace in my home I wasn’t sure was even possible again. He’s kind, caring, and truthful. And yes, sometimes the truth hurts but it doesn’t mean you don’t need to hear it. He cares for my little bit as much as I do! You can see it in their interaction with each other and it’s heart warming just to watch them. He is the hero, rightfully so… and words truly can’t express how grateful I am for him and his office staff. She is friendly and attentive! She always greets us with a warm, smiling face. I would highly recommend anyone in need of such services chose this office.
Jan 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is wonderful! From day one, I immediately connected with Dr. Touma and felt that I could truly share with him all that had been weighing heavy on my mind. Dr. Touma is very compassionate and easy to talk to, I sincerely looked forward to each and every appointment we had. I honestly feel that Dr. Touma helped me immensely, and I highly recommend his services!
David – Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Thank you Dr. Touma for helping me through a very tough time. This doctor is knowledgeable and God loving. He did not judge me when everyone else did. Very smart man and down to earth - honest and sincere. I was referred by two friends. They were right, Dr. Touma is a life saver. God Bless
Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
WOW - this counselor is the real deal folks. He gets the job done quickly and is as direct as they come. Not to mention his wealth of knowledge, widom and compassion. Our marriage was on the brink of disaster and this man helped us start new and we are in a very good place at this point. He adjusted our fees and opened up his calendar to accomodate our needs. Couldn't ask for a better person and counselor. BTW his office is grerat.
Sep 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a smart, compassionate and goes to the heart of the issue quickly. He is not afraid to confront wrong-doing. He helped me and my ex communicate and co-parent effectvely after 3 years of bickering. He cut our fee in half to help us keep our sessions going. We loved his office manager - she is so helpful and kind. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
K. Seagars – Sep 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a joke. He’s soft spoken, but takes sides in his co-parenting counseling. He cares about nothing but the money he is paid for sessions with and his receptionist is rude.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Tyler Lambert – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Great visit, very knowledgeable doctor. Made it very easy to talk about a situation that is hard to talk about. Highly recommended
Shaun P. – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Easy to schedule. Great location. Staff is always very friendly and courteous while scheduling and during the visit. Dr. Touma is great. I've been seeing him on and off for years now and cannot recommend him highly enough. He is great at what he does and has helped me tremendously.
May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a kind and capable professional who listens and really cares about other people. I not only feel comfortable talking with him about anything, I really feel that he understands. He has helped me to find peace and to find the way forward.
May 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I've known and worked with Dr. Touma for 15 years. He literally saved a family members life who was struggling with depression and has helped me personally tremendously. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Apr 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Touma. He has had such a profound effect on my life and continues to inspire me to become a better person on a daily basis. He is an incredibly accepting, intelligent, wise, and caring therapist and truly the first therapist that has made any positive difference in my life.
Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is the best person I know. He is one of the kindest, most genuine, honest, and caring person on this planet. He is amazing and I am so gratfeul to have someone as great as he is in my life. I know I can always find help with him.
Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Thank you Dr. Touma for saving our family. Thank you for confronting me about my bad and inappropriate behavior. Thank you for your skill, kindness, honesty and brilliant insight into our problem. We have been to many therapists throughout the years and in a number of states; Dr. Touma is the only one who had the courage to confrot the truth and was skilled enough to help us to finally resolve our issues and particularly my harmful behavior and finally save our family. This man is the best folks. He is the real deal. FIVE STAR ALL AROUND
K. Stonger – Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma has been resourceful in helping me become a better more healthy version of myself. He is extremely smart & easy to talk to. Dr. Touma listens with ease while giving evidence to support his diagnosis & practices. He has and continues to help me through my past traumatic experiences while building my mental health back up to relationship & life counseling. Could not recommend Dr. Touma enough!
Nicole – Jan 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is the most compassionate and intelligent therapist I have ever talked with. I feel like I can truly share anything with him, without the fear of being judged. He helped me through a very difficult time in my life a few years ago and is helping me through an even more difficult time right now. I have made great progress with Dr. Touma that I wouldn't have made elsewhere and truly cannot recommend him enough. He shares his knowledge and experience, while also making sure that you get to share everything going on in your life. I'm very grateful for his expertise, compassion, eagerness to listen, willingness to help, and overall personality. I know Dr. Touma is always there when I need him and genuinely look forward to every session we have. There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am for him, and everything he has done for me.
Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Touma for over a year and a few of my friends have been to see him. There are no amount of words to describe what Dr Touma has done for my life. If you are looking for a counselor to tell you what you want to hear, and make you feel warm and fuzzy, this is not the Dr. to see. IF you want to find a brilliant Dr. who will actually change your life significantly through honest feedback, empirical caring expertise, and an overall grasp of how to take control of your life, then Dr. Touma is the best I have ever found. Whether it be anxiety, confidence issues, a critical inner voice that drives you crazy, or just a loss for direction in life's purpose, Dr. Touma can help you discover the hard, but incredibly rewarding path towards healing. I honestly have no idea where I would be without this incredible man, and could not praise his work ethic, care, and brilliance any higher.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Sam has helped me SO much during a couple of difficult times in my life. He is easy to talk with and he truly cares! He is direct, but in the most compassionate way :). I would recommend him to anyone! He is truly the best and becomes a friend forever! I KNOW he is there if I ever need him! Grateful and love him!
Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma showed wisdom and determination to help me through recovery from an abusive relationship. His empathy and kindness, coupled with his no b.s. attitude, gave me strength and determination when most needed. He is a quality person. I learned I could trust him, and his advice, through this time. I believe you can too.
Anonymous – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Touma has such keen insight into the heart of the problem. His wisdom and experience coupled with his genuine concern for your well being and mental health makes him stand out in the field. I’ve been to other counselors but never met anyone that comes close to Dr. Touma. If you really want help and support he’s the best there is!
Anonymous – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Touma?