Dr. Samer Touma, PHD

Counseling •  Male

Dr. Touma

Associates in Behavioral Health

1523 Richland St Columbia, SC 29201

Dr. Samer Touma, PHD is a Counselor in Columbia, SC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Touma to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in Columbia

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Touma accepts

Dr. Touma accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Touma treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Samer Touma, PHD...

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Touma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Touma

4.5

Dr. Touma?
What People Say About Dr. Samer Touma, PHD
I first heard of Sam when working within the court system. I started seeing his name on many reports required by the court system to assess a person's mental state to determine their competency to stand trial. I remember reading these reports and marveling at the succinctness of his report, all the while staying within the confines of diagnosing the patient/defendant. On a personal note, I have reached out to Sam several times in the past year in an effort to find some help for a dear family member. Sam was kind, compassionate, and eager to help me each and every time. I was overwhelmed with my family member's heartbreaking situation, but Sam calmed me and comforted me, assuring me that there was help available.
May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Sam has helped me SO much during a couple of difficult times in my life. He is easy to talk with and he truly cares! He is direct, but in the most compassionate way :). I would recommend him to anyone! He is truly the best and becomes a friend forever! I KNOW he is there if I ever need him! Grateful and love him!
Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma showed wisdom and determination to help me through recovery from an abusive relationship. His empathy and kindness, coupled with his no b.s. attitude, gave me strength and determination when most needed. He is a quality person. I learned I could trust him, and his advice, through this time. I believe you can too.
Anonymous – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Touma has such keen insight into the heart of the problem. His wisdom and experience coupled with his genuine concern for your well being and mental health makes him stand out in the field. I’ve been to other counselors but never met anyone that comes close to Dr. Touma. If you really want help and support he’s the best there is!
Anonymous – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is outstanding. He helped us save our marriage and family. Brilliant, caring, straight shooter and gets the job done to perfection. We trust him and recommend him 100%.
Catherine – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I have worked with Dr. Touma for over a decade on family law cases. It is refreshing to work with a competent professional who is grounded and real. While able to meet clients on a relatable level, he also has a persistent ability to speak truth in a language they can hear. He is excellent in court, and equally proficient at untangling angered and distressed parents outside of the court system. As a professional, I value his input and wisdom, and cannot thank him enough for the quality and care he brings to his work. I highly recommend him.
Shannon K. Burnett, Attorney – Apr 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a dedicated professional whom I recommend highly. He is trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable in his field. Dr. Touma is the best.
Kay – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is hands down the best physician to see if you need someone to help you work through grief, tragedy, addiction, abuse, OCD, or any other emotional burden that may be weighing down your daily life. His years of experience, paired with his calming demeanor, will truly help you rectify any mental instability that you may be facing. He is not only highly trained, he has an innate gift to help his patients recognize the mental burden, work through it, and come out on the other side of tragedy to live a full and joyous life. I can’t say enough amazing things about this man! He has helped me and several members of my family overcome emotional tragedy. We are better people today because of his service.
Apr 11, 2020
Hes the best
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Can’t say enough positive things about Dr. Touma. We have engaged him for marital counseling as well as support for our teenager who greatly benefits from the sessions. Convenient location and very helpful staff.
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Highly recommend. Friendly staff, warm environment and outstanding therapy. My PCP was right when she told me this is the person to provide the best counseling.
Stan – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
excellent service all around. Dr. Touma is the ultimate professional and helped my family during the most difficult of times. Enriching experience in every way. Highly recommend
Gus T – Aug 11, 2018
Excellent all around
May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Gifted, tender, kind, and simply a genius. Thanks to my Dr for the referral- my depression and anxiety are totally, without any use of medication, gone after a lifetime of struggle. I am grateful for Dr. Touma
Robert B. in Columbia, SC – Dec 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is the ultimate professional. He is a gifted, intuitive, brilliant, empathic and dedicated counselor. My husband and I are lucky to have found him. Thank you Dr. Touma and Staff
Vickie S – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Brilliant, kind, extremely dedicated to his patients. So grateful to have been referred to Dr. Touma. Thank you.
Cindy H. in Columbia, SC – Sep 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Arrogant obnoxious overall disturbing experience. Highly discourage anyone to utilize his services. He's one of very few in the area. Do yourself a favor and drive out of town
Ft Mill, SC – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Changed my life and gave me a purpose to live. A true gem in Columbia
Liz D in Columbia, SC – Dec 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Touma?

• Counseling

More Information

• Does Dr. Touma communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. Touma offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Touma offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Touma have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Touma has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Touma offer weekend visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Touma offer evening visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer evening visits