Dr. Samer Touma, PHD

CounselingMale

Dr. Touma

Associates in Behavioral Health

1523 Richland St Columbia, SC 29201

Dr. Samer Touma, PHD is a Counselor in Columbia, SC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Touma to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Touma treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Touma accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Touma has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(803) 256-1737Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Touma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Touma

4.5

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Touma?
  • Staff friendliness (31)
  • Office environment (30)
  • Appointment scheduling (29)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
Easy to schedule. Great location. Staff is always very friendly and courteous while scheduling and during the visit. Dr. Touma is great. I've been seeing him on and off for years now and cannot recommend him highly enough. He is great at what he does and has helped me tremendously.
May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a kind and capable professional who listens and really cares about other people. I not only feel comfortable talking with him about anything, I really feel that he understands. He has helped me to find peace and to find the way forward.
May 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I've known and worked with Dr. Touma for 15 years. He literally saved a family members life who was struggling with depression and has helped me personally tremendously. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Apr 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Touma. He has had such a profound effect on my life and continues to inspire me to become a better person on a daily basis. He is an incredibly accepting, intelligent, wise, and caring therapist and truly the first therapist that has made any positive difference in my life.
Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is the best person I know. He is one of the kindest, most genuine, honest, and caring person on this planet. He is amazing and I am so gratfeul to have someone as great as he is in my life. I know I can always find help with him.
Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Thank you Dr. Touma for saving our family. Thank you for confronting me about my bad and inappropriate behavior. Thank you for your skill, kindness, honesty and brilliant insight into our problem. We have been to many therapists throughout the years and in a number of states; Dr. Touma is the only one who had the courage to confrot the truth and was skilled enough to help us to finally resolve our issues and particularly my harmful behavior and finally save our family. This man is the best folks. He is the real deal. FIVE STAR ALL AROUND
K. Stonger – Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma has been resourceful in helping me become a better more healthy version of myself. He is extremely smart & easy to talk to. Dr. Touma listens with ease while giving evidence to support his diagnosis & practices. He has and continues to help me through my past traumatic experiences while building my mental health back up to relationship & life counseling. Could not recommend Dr. Touma enough!
Nicole – Jan 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is the most compassionate and intelligent therapist I have ever talked with. I feel like I can truly share anything with him, without the fear of being judged. He helped me through a very difficult time in my life a few years ago and is helping me through an even more difficult time right now. I have made great progress with Dr. Touma that I wouldn't have made elsewhere and truly cannot recommend him enough. He shares his knowledge and experience, while also making sure that you get to share everything going on in your life. I'm very grateful for his expertise, compassion, eagerness to listen, willingness to help, and overall personality. I know Dr. Touma is always there when I need him and genuinely look forward to every session we have. There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am for him, and everything he has done for me.
Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Touma for over a year and a few of my friends have been to see him. There are no amount of words to describe what Dr Touma has done for my life. If you are looking for a counselor to tell you what you want to hear, and make you feel warm and fuzzy, this is not the Dr. to see. IF you want to find a brilliant Dr. who will actually change your life significantly through honest feedback, empirical caring expertise, and an overall grasp of how to take control of your life, then Dr. Touma is the best I have ever found. Whether it be anxiety, confidence issues, a critical inner voice that drives you crazy, or just a loss for direction in life's purpose, Dr. Touma can help you discover the hard, but incredibly rewarding path towards healing. I honestly have no idea where I would be without this incredible man, and could not praise his work ethic, care, and brilliance any higher.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I first heard of Sam when working within the court system. I started seeing his name on many reports required by the court system to assess a person's mental state to determine their competency to stand trial. I remember reading these reports and marveling at the succinctness of his report, all the while staying within the confines of diagnosing the patient/defendant. On a personal note, I have reached out to Sam several times in the past year in an effort to find some help for a dear family member. Sam was kind, compassionate, and eager to help me each and every time. I was overwhelmed with my family member's heartbreaking situation, but Sam calmed me and comforted me, assuring me that there was help available.
May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Sam has helped me SO much during a couple of difficult times in my life. He is easy to talk with and he truly cares! He is direct, but in the most compassionate way :). I would recommend him to anyone! He is truly the best and becomes a friend forever! I KNOW he is there if I ever need him! Grateful and love him!
Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma showed wisdom and determination to help me through recovery from an abusive relationship. His empathy and kindness, coupled with his no b.s. attitude, gave me strength and determination when most needed. He is a quality person. I learned I could trust him, and his advice, through this time. I believe you can too.
Anonymous – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr Touma has such keen insight into the heart of the problem. His wisdom and experience coupled with his genuine concern for your well being and mental health makes him stand out in the field. I’ve been to other counselors but never met anyone that comes close to Dr. Touma. If you really want help and support he’s the best there is!
Anonymous – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is outstanding. He helped us save our marriage and family. Brilliant, caring, straight shooter and gets the job done to perfection. We trust him and recommend him 100%.
Catherine – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
I have worked with Dr. Touma for over a decade on family law cases. It is refreshing to work with a competent professional who is grounded and real. While able to meet clients on a relatable level, he also has a persistent ability to speak truth in a language they can hear. He is excellent in court, and equally proficient at untangling angered and distressed parents outside of the court system. As a professional, I value his input and wisdom, and cannot thank him enough for the quality and care he brings to his work. I highly recommend him.
Shannon K. Burnett, Attorney – Apr 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is a dedicated professional whom I recommend highly. He is trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable in his field. Dr. Touma is the best.
Kay – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Dr. Touma is hands down the best physician to see if you need someone to help you work through grief, tragedy, addiction, abuse, OCD, or any other emotional burden that may be weighing down your daily life. His years of experience, paired with his calming demeanor, will truly help you rectify any mental instability that you may be facing. He is not only highly trained, he has an innate gift to help his patients recognize the mental burden, work through it, and come out on the other side of tragedy to live a full and joyous life. I can’t say enough amazing things about this man! He has helped me and several members of my family overcome emotional tragedy. We are better people today because of his service.
Apr 11, 2020
Hes the best
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Can’t say enough positive things about Dr. Touma. We have engaged him for marital counseling as well as support for our teenager who greatly benefits from the sessions. Convenient location and very helpful staff.
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?
Highly recommend. Friendly staff, warm environment and outstanding therapy. My PCP was right when she told me this is the person to provide the best counseling.
Stan – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Touma, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Touma?

• Counseling