Dr. Sally Chung, PSY.D

Dr. Sally Chung, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Sally Chung, PSY.D is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Bellevue, WA. She is 33 years old and has been practicing for 4 years. Read her story

40 Lake Bellevue Dr Ste 100

Bellevue, WA 98005

• First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Learn about Dr. Chung

Dr. Chung's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chung "I strive to promote healing and growth through connection, relationship, and authenticity. I believe in people and their resilience to adapt and thrive. In life, we encounter moments, even seasons, that are challenging, painful, or overwhelming. At such times, therapy can be useful in providing a safe space and an objective ear to process our experiences, learn more about ourselves, develop skills, and plan our next steps. Therapy and assessment are powerful tools in learning more about ourselves and that barriers that get in the way of our reaching our potential. I am a holistic and values-based psychologist who integrates systems, multicultural, feminist, interpersonal, and psychodynamic approaches into my work. Working holistically involves being aware of the mind-body connection and how each impacts the other. Using a values-based perspective allows us to explore what is important to you and how to live life authentically to who you are by identifying your values and aligning your goals, and the ways you reach your goals, with these principles. Viewing your world from a systems perspective means that all the facets of your identity, everything that is important to you, how you relate to work, your past, your present experiences, and your future hopes and expectations are all incorporated in our work together. As an interpersonal therapist, I emphasize the importance of our relationship and how it can reflect other relationships in your life. Our relationship is the vehicle we will use to explore your other relationships as well as the changes you want to make in your life. As a feminist therapist, I hold that you are the expert of your life and work collaboratively with you. Along with all of these, I also incorporate therapies from other theories if needed, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Future-Directed Therapy (FDT), Prolonged Exposure (PE), or Brief Trauma Treatment (BTT). I completed my graduate schooling and training along the West Coast. In Los Angeles, one of the most diverse cities in the United States, I conducted play therapy with Hispanic elementary students (Azusa Unified School District), individual and couples therapy with college students (Community Counseling Center), individual and family therapy with adolescents and adults at a transitional housing agency (PATH Beyond Shelter), completed psychological assessments with survivors of domestic violence (Jenesse Center, Inc.), and assisted in research that resulted in new group therapy protocol for depression and anxiety (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center). I moved up the coast to Portland for my one-year internship, where I received further training in individual and couples therapy, psychological assessments, and clinical supervision. After Oregon, I followed the sun to Honolulu, where I completed a yearlong psychology residency at the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System (Spark Matsunaga VA Center). At the VA, I received additional training in diagnostic skills (mental health triage), group therapy and psychopharmacology (inpatient psychiatric ward), individual and couples therapy, psychological assessments for organ transplants, and consultation and training with other healthcare professionals (primary care). Through these settings, I have treated diverse patients across a wide range of functioning and psychological diagnoses, worked collaboratively with physicians, social workers, lawyers, families, and other medical staff, and conducted psychological evaluations that assessed for emotional distress, cognitive difficulties, and pre-medical procedures readiness. During both internship and residency experiences, I learned to mentor and supervise practicum students and interns. My clinical, research, consultation, and supervision interests include Asian and Asian American Pacific Islander mental health, cultural identity, biculturalism, Future-Directed Therapy, mindfulness, trauma, depression, mental health stigma, alternative and holistic approaches in mental health, women's issues, and integrated care. "

This content was provided by Dr. Chung "Working with me in therapy is to explore yourself in all areas of life and invite me along for the ride. It is to process what is important to you, why it is important to you, and learn to use your values as a compass to become your best self as well as to direct your journey ahead. I consider myself privileged to join you on your journey. In this work, you are the expert of who you are.  Because you know yourself best, I will follow your lead in what you consider important and work at the pace you desire. My style of therapy is collaborative and supportive, as well as good-naturedly challenging if need be. Relationships are two-way streets and, although therapeutic relationships may be a little different, I will still offer my thoughts, observations, and connections in an authentic and gentle manner. "

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Dr. Chung does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Stress
  • Grief
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Azusa Pacific University
    Medical School | Graduated 2013
  • Pacific University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Va Pacific Islands Health Care System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Chung has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chung has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chung's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Chung?