Dr. Ryan Smart, DC

Dr. Ryan Smart, DC

Chiropractic  |
Dr. Ryan Smart, DC is a chiropractic provider who practices in Silverdale, WA. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

9119 Ridgetop Blvd NW Ste 160

• Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Learn about Dr. Smart

Dr. Smart's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Smart "I have spent the last ten years continually searching and adding to my arsenal of techniques to help my patients. What I have found, astonished even me. There are ways of working with the body to help it find problems hidden deep within the body and specific protocols to help the body heal faster. Growing up my family had a narrow understanding of how the body works. Because of this I was a fairly sickly child. It was normal for me to have stomach pain, diarrhea, headaches, allergies, and asthma. To treat this my mother made sure I always had a Ziploc bag in my backpack of Tylenol/Advil, Pepto-Bismol, Imodium AD, and an Asthma Inhaler. I would take at least one of these pills everyday if not more. They never fixed the problem and I never felt complete relief. This started when I was in Kindergarten and continued until I was in Chiropractic School. I attended Life Chiropractic College West in the fall of 2003 and it literally changed my life. I new I wanted to help people, but I had not realized how much I would learn how to help myself. I learned the difference between "managing" a problem and finding and treating the "cause" of a problem. I soon realized that there is a true cause to every problem, pain, and disease in the body. I also realized that the current treatments that are standard operating procedure in mainstream healthcare are not focused on finding the cause of chronic issues, but more focused on managing the issue over the course of years and years with the use of medications. I learned that all the years I took pills for Diarrhea, headaches, stomach pain and asthma I was "managing" the symptoms, but in reality all I was doing was degrading my health. For example when I would take Imodium AD it would reduce my diarrhea, but it would cause constipation and horrible stomach cramps that would double me over. I remember crying on the toilet wondering why God was punishing me. By the time I was 13 years old I was so depressed my parents took me to see a counselor to help me mentally cope with the pain. It was common for me to tell my mother I had a headache and she would say "if you didn't already take Tylenol or Advil then stop complaining". She was not trying to be mean, but this was what she had been taught by mainstream medicine to do when you have a headache. In Chiropractic school one of the first things we learn is that the body is a self regulating system that is controlled by the brain and the nervous system. Given the proper nutrition, a toxic free environment and proper communication from the brain your should create and maintain highest level of health. When a symptom like headaches occurs, my first thought is not "what pill can I take to make it go away", but rather what could be causing the headache in the first place, and what can I do to fix the cause so it does not keep coming back. I have a deep feeling of responsibility to help as many people in my community learn about how their bodies work and what "true health" really is. "

This content was provided by Dr. Smart "Your pain and dysfunction is valid and there is a direct cause. To find this exact cause we have to look where no one else has looked to find what no one else has found. The 3 Major areas that are not often investigated properly are hormone imbalances mostly triggered by stress, biochemical imbalances because of improper nutrition, and neurological damaged due to traumas to the body. Most often it is a combination of all three that must be addressed together to get the results you are looking for.  To determine the severity of the three areas mentioned above we utilize unique tests to find the TRUE cause to your issues. Most of my patients find me after many months or even years of searching for a reason why they are in chronic pain or unresolved problems. They have suffered from headaches, back pain, neck pain, numbness, plantar fasciitis, sciatica, fibromyalgia,  neuropathy, digestive issues, fatigue, chronic pain, leg pain, arm pain and many more."

• Chiropractic

Dr. Smart does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Los Medanos College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Life University / Life Chiropractic College / West Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Smart has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smart to family and friends
3.7
based on 3 total reviews
Dr. Smart's Performance
    GOOD
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Smart, DC?
Are you Dr. Smart?