Ryan Long, LICSW

Clinical Social Work ·  Male · Age 38

Ryan Long

North Entrance

3000 Connecticut Ave NW Apt 436 Washington, DC 20008

Ryan Long, LICSW is a clinical social worker in Washington, DC. He specializes in clinical social work, psychology, and more.

Ryan Long accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Ryan Long treats your condition or procedure

Ryan Long's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Social Phobia
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress
  • Traumatic Shock

Ryan Long's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Ryan Long

Ryan Long?
Ryan Long's Performance
What People Say About Ryan Long, LICSW
RecentMost Helpful
I am a collegiate lacrosse player going to play at the division three level. I worked with Ryan for over a year in which I saw tremendous improvement in my mental game which has greatly improved my performance on the field. His use of EMDR, visualization techniques, and mental coaching really helped me take my game to the next level. I would strongly recommend him for anyone struggling with their confidence or in consistent performance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I’m a collegiate runner and Ryan has been very helpful and flexible. Video sessions are especially convenient for me because I am away at school for most of the year. EMDR therapy has been especially helpful for me during my sessions. Furthermore, Ryan is a very open minded and thoughtful person. He almost always presents me with an outlook I’ve never considered before
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan is patient, creative, and listens very well. He is open to all possible approaches and really cares about his clients. As a parent I especially appreciated that he communicated with me without compromising my child's confidentiality.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I’m a HS baseball pitcher and Ryan has helped me tremendously throughout my journey of high school and baseball.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan is a highly skilled therapist, especially in the area of sports therapy. My son trains as part of a national diving team. He had a mental block for over a year on a reverse dive that grew to affect many areas of his life, not just his time on the boards. Working with Ryan and together with his coaches we was able to overcome the block successfully. He has become more self confident, more disciplined, and more purposeful and purpose driven. Ryan has been an amazing support in sports & life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I used both EMDR and traditional sports psychology techniques with Ryan. As a swimmer, I struggled to turn hard work into results. The process took time, but also helped me realize that lots of times, memories (that were subsequently processed through EMDR), were what was holding me back. After several weeks, I approached a national level competition, where I dropped 4 seconds in my best event and achieved a Winter Nationals cut. I credit this success to newfound confidence from EMDR and Ryan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a female college swimmer and I’ve been seeing Ryan for almost a year now. He has helped me to deal with the stress of managing school, sports and traumatic sport related injuries. We have worked together to help me get back on track after two surgeries. Most importantly, he helped me realize that it’s okay to not always go with the status quo. I feel stronger and better equipped to trust my own good judgment. I would recommend Ryan to anyone!! K.V
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
As a former patient, I couldn’t recommend Ryan Long enough. He took the time to fully understand what I was looking for, and combined expertise with creativity in helping me achieve my goals. He is smart, empathetic, and I will always be grateful for what we accomplished in what was seemingly a short amount of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Can be trusted and allows you to figure things out for yourself. Relatable and a great sense of humor. Mr. Long has helped me out quite a bit. You can tell he really likes what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I'm a college student and I have been seeing Ryan for 2 years now. He has really made me look at myself differently throughout this whole process. I now know the importance of confronting my weaknesses and channeling my strengths. EMDR has really helped clear out past "clutter" and made me hopeful about things. If you're looking for a therapist that really listens, but who also has the skills of an encouraging coach along with a sense of humor, Ryan would be a great clinician/coach to see.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan Long has been a part of our lives for a year and a half. He has helped my son through depression and PTSD, as a result of a severely traumatic event, with such kindness and professionalism. I credit him with saving his life and creating hope when hope seemed lost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
After breaking my wrist in lacrosse, Mr. Long helped me get through the obstacles I was facing mentally. I'd highly recommend him to an athlete struggling with coming back from an injury. J
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
When I started experiencing anxiety after an running injury, the best part of my day became as stressful as when it happened; I was unable to enjoy it as much as I always had. When I decided to get help, I needed someone just as passionate about my treatment as I was about running and Mr. Long far exceeded my expectations. He was committed to treating my anxiety but also on teaching me tools to help going forward. Most importantly, running is fun again, and I can't thank him enough for that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Mr. Long has improved my life in general since I started my appointments with him. He gave me tools I needed, and this is a gift I would definitely share with my family and friends. I have already shared my experience and Mr. Long's information with fellow athletes at my school.
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?

How was your experience with Ryan Long?

• Clinical Social Work