Ryan Long, LICSW

Social Work •  Male • Age 39

Ryan Long

North Entrance

3000 Connecticut Ave Nw Apt 436 Washington, DC 20008

Ryan Long, LICSW is a Social Worker in Washington, DC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Ryan Long to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

See similar Social Workers in Washington

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Ryan Long accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Ryan Long treats your condition or procedure

Ryan Long's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Social Phobia
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress
  • Traumatic Shock

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Ryan Long, LICSW...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Ryan Long's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Ryan Long

Ryan Long?
What People Say About Ryan Long, LICSW
I've been a client of Ryan's for over 3 years now and he's helped my transformation from someone who struggled with my weight, motivation, etc. to myself today. Over the course of the three years, Ryan assisted me with breathing techniques, advice, motivation, scheduling, and everything in between and was an integral part of my transformation. I went from someone who struggled with his weight and with stress eating, someone who was essentially socially inept, and someone who was terrified of putting myself out there to someone who is succeeding at all of those areas of life and more. A large portion of that is thanks to Ryan and the tools he was able to offer me. When I was searching for therapists, I went through three or four before settling on Ryan and what drew me to him was his genuine demeanor and how easy he was to connect with even when I wasn't thrilled with the idea of therapy at all.
Weston Kevill – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a Divison One swimmer who struggled with anxiety and panic attacks. Ryan was incredibly helpful in getting me to understand the problem and working though it. He is incredibly trustworthy and empathetic, and his sessions truly were a safespace for me. I felt like I could tell him absolutely anything and we could work through it together. I could not recommend him more!
May 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a division I collegiate tennis player and have been working with Ryan for almost a year now. He has not only made an impact on my game, but also on my life. Even through a serious injury, he was able to help me improve my game. Ryan is a good listener, and has many insights about the mental side of tennis.
Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a collegiate lacrosse player and Ryan has helped me to improve my mental game to where I never thought was imaginable. He helped to greatly improve my confidence, work through pat and future experiences by using EMDR and visualization, and to manage my life and everyday stressors better. He has made me not only the best athlete I could be mentally, but also much stronger in life situations and anxiety from school and other problems.
HW- Washington D.C. – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a collegiate lacrosse player going to play at the division three level. I worked with Ryan for over a year in which I saw tremendous improvement in my mental game which has greatly improved my performance on the field. His use of EMDR, visualization techniques, and mental coaching really helped me take my game to the next level. I would strongly recommend him for anyone struggling with their confidence or in consistent performance.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I’m a collegiate runner and Ryan has been very helpful and flexible. Video sessions are especially convenient for me because I am away at school for most of the year. EMDR therapy has been especially helpful for me during my sessions. Furthermore, Ryan is a very open minded and thoughtful person. He almost always presents me with an outlook I’ve never considered before
Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan is patient, creative, and listens very well. He is open to all possible approaches and really cares about his clients. As a parent I especially appreciated that he communicated with me without compromising my child's confidentiality.
Parent in Silver Spring, MD – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I’m a HS baseball pitcher and Ryan has helped me tremendously throughout my journey of high school and baseball.
Mitchel Johnson in DC, MD – Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan is a highly skilled therapist, especially in the area of sports therapy. My son trains as part of a national diving team. He had a mental block for over a year on a reverse dive that grew to affect many areas of his life, not just his time on the boards. Working with Ryan and together with his coaches we was able to overcome the block successfully. He has become more self confident, more disciplined, and more purposeful and purpose driven. Ryan has been an amazing support in sports & life.
Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I used both EMDR and traditional sports psychology techniques with Ryan. As a swimmer, I struggled to turn hard work into results. The process took time, but also helped me realize that lots of times, memories (that were subsequently processed through EMDR), were what was holding me back. After several weeks, I approached a national level competition, where I dropped 4 seconds in my best event and achieved a Winter Nationals cut. I credit this success to newfound confidence from EMDR and Ryan.
W – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I am a female college swimmer and I’ve been seeing Ryan for almost a year now. He has helped me to deal with the stress of managing school, sports and traumatic sport related injuries. We have worked together to help me get back on track after two surgeries. Most importantly, he helped me realize that it’s okay to not always go with the status quo. I feel stronger and better equipped to trust my own good judgment. I would recommend Ryan to anyone!! K.V
Germantown , MD – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
As a former patient, I couldn’t recommend Ryan Long enough. He took the time to fully understand what I was looking for, and combined expertise with creativity in helping me achieve my goals. He is smart, empathetic, and I will always be grateful for what we accomplished in what was seemingly a short amount of time.
Dan G in Washington, DC – Jun 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Can be trusted and allows you to figure things out for yourself. Relatable and a great sense of humor. Mr. Long has helped me out quite a bit. You can tell he really likes what he does.
JD in Washington, DC – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
I'm a college student and I have been seeing Ryan for 2 years now. He has really made me look at myself differently throughout this whole process. I now know the importance of confronting my weaknesses and channeling my strengths. EMDR has really helped clear out past "clutter" and made me hopeful about things. If you're looking for a therapist that really listens, but who also has the skills of an encouraging coach along with a sense of humor, Ryan would be a great clinician/coach to see.
REG in Washington, DC – Nov 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Ryan Long has been a part of our lives for a year and a half. He has helped my son through depression and PTSD, as a result of a severely traumatic event, with such kindness and professionalism. I credit him with saving his life and creating hope when hope seemed lost.
JL in Washington, DC – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
After breaking my wrist in lacrosse, Mr. Long helped me get through the obstacles I was facing mentally. I'd highly recommend him to an athlete struggling with coming back from an injury. J
Washington DC – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
When I started experiencing anxiety after an running injury, the best part of my day became as stressful as when it happened; I was unable to enjoy it as much as I always had. When I decided to get help, I needed someone just as passionate about my treatment as I was about running and Mr. Long far exceeded my expectations. He was committed to treating my anxiety but also on teaching me tools to help going forward. Most importantly, running is fun again, and I can't thank him enough for that.
Adam in Washington, DC – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?
Mr. Long has improved my life in general since I started my appointments with him. He gave me tools I needed, and this is a gift I would definitely share with my family and friends. I have already shared my experience and Mr. Long's information with fellow athletes at my school.
Nico Mora in Washington, DC – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Ryan Long, LICSW?

How was your experience with Ryan Long?

• Social Work
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Psychological Trauma

2012
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools

More Information

• Does Ryan Long communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Ryan Long communicates via email

• Does Ryan Long offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Ryan Long offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Ryan Long have free onsite parking?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not have free onsite parking

• Does Ryan Long offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Ryan Long offer evening visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer evening visits